"FUCK YOU ALL" -Velvet Hammer (Re-Hollywood sucks)

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: Hollywood sexual harrasment

Postby coldbrightsunlight » Sun Nov 05, 2017 4:41 pm

echorec wrote:
coldbrightsunlight wrote:
echorec wrote:You can't have rape without penetration. consummation = penis inside vagina

Can you just like, leave and not come back?

Piss off, you fucking crybaby.

Aren't you the one who's getting upset about people calling you out for saying stupid things? :?:
füzz lover. Friend. Quilter evangelist.

I make music sometimes:

https://nitrx.bandcamp.com/

https://mediocrisy.bandcamp.com/

https://fleshcouch.bandcamp.com
coldbrightsunlight

Supporter
Supporter

Postby echorec » Sun Nov 05, 2017 5:43 pm

ummohyeah wrote:It wasn't that long ago the Michael Gira (Swans) was accused of rape and even admitted it (without calling it rape, calling it an "awkward mistake") and by and large it seemed to just disappear.

This is an irresponsible and misleading comment, which I find absolutely indefensible. ----But I'm the only one, apparently, who has a problem with this attitude. Instead, what people on this board have a problem with is me reminding everyone of the legal definition of the crime. ---I'm "fucking stupid" because I think it's paramount to actually recognize the importance of defining the terms, which others are recklessly throwing around.

I would never broadcast some erroneous claim that someone admitted to an alleged crime of such seriousness. I also have a problem with this rush to judgment, so long as it serves one's personal agenda or beliefs. I have no fucking respect or tolerance for gossip, or for misinforming people by circulating falsehoods, as if they were true. I would never call someone a rapist or a pedophile, based on a single, unconfirmed report. That's dangerous, it's indecent, and it's undignified.

You can't change the meaning of words every few minutes just to suit a political agenda. I stand by my previous comment. The accused never admitted or inferred that he accepted his accuser's account. I have no desire to scrutinize his or her accounts further, because it doesn't concern me. I wasn't there and I have no relationship with either party.

I'm not a rape culture denier. I've formally studied women's issues, cultural problems, and communication theory. I'm not some acne'd teenager who's never known a victim of domestic abuse before. BUT...I also studied literature and philosophy, so I recognize how dangerous and irresponsible it is to repeat accusations and hearsay as facts. I would never do the shit that people do on this board do everyday. It's disrespectful to everyone involved. It devalues the truth, in an effort to insulate one's self within a group, and that is an awful way to participate in the world.

[for anyone who's still got a problem with my previously shared sentiments:] You don't fucking know me. You don't know a goddam thing about me or where I stand on LGBQT issues or women's rights or criminal prosecution of domestic violence. This bullshit has been ongoing for a while now, where people assign someone a label, without even trying to investigate that person's views or actions more closely, in order to foster another clumsy and pathetic ad hominem attack. ----Because after all, that would actually mean giving a shit about other people's views and being intellectually curious about the world around you. It would require people on this board to actually start being the individuals they pretend to be-----you know....creative, thoughtful, open-minded, interested in big-picture issues....not just short-sighted and impulsive assholes who pretend to be living a more responsible and respectful existence.

There are several other things happening in this thread that I have a problem with, and I'm not apologizing if anyone's feelings are hurt.

1) promoting the idea that everyone is guilty until proven innocent It absolutely infuriates me that people continue to abide by this backwards way of thinking. A single unsubstantiated report is not a smoking gun. It's not a conviction. It's an accusation. It doesn't confirm anything. It's the beginning of something, not a conclusion.

2) language is so fun, we should never dare try to be responsible with it It's fun and cute and cool to smear people on the internet. We shouldn't stop to consider that these are real people with real lives and real families who may have been unfairly harmed by someone else's unseen motivations (professional jealousy, mental illness, drug abuse, calculated revenge).

2) SJW mentality It's in fashion to seek out something to be offended by, so let's join up in attacking someone, who doesn't even necessarily hold dissimilar views. It's not about how someone actually feels, after all, it's about the way in which they say something. ---Or simply jumping to a conclusion, in order to justify an aggression against someone.

3) everything should be half-assed If some laziness is good, shouldn't more laziness be better? This thread is another example of how people on this board would rather attack someone, than have a discussion----not a fight, not an argument, not an exercise in playing the victim, but a fucking discussion. For all the arrogance I see on this board, it's certainly got to be a lack of effort and not a lack of intellect, right?

It's disgusting to me how people love to show off their reading lists and talk about their academic pursuits, but when it comes down to actually showing that off (healthy skepticism, a sense of self-awareness, reading comprehension), this place becomes a ghost town.

What? I'm not allowed to anonymously call someone a rapist or a pedophile on the internet? Someone actually wants to hold me accountable for saying incredibly toxic and insulting things about people I've never met? Oh fuck. Forget that. I just want to call famous persons rapists and post Office gifs. I don't want to actually discuss something like an adult, who respects other people.

4) The heard mentality is once again in full-effect. People on this board love to comfort themselves with the notion that they're above the fray.

I play guitar and I listen to underground music. I don't shop at the mall anymore, so I'm above all that corporate globalization. You can't trick me into becoming a thoughtless zombie who gets swept away in the current of public opinion.

Yes, you're just like those people, except your tribe wears blue or pink instead of red or gray. If you can't respect people enough to allow them to make innocuous statements or share facts (not opinions, but facts), then you're not any different than the people you've convinced yourself you're pulling away from.

5) celebrity gossip *sighs* For a group of people who want to pretend they're more enlightened than the cultural mainstream, this board sure loves to muck it up in the fucking gutter just like those Alabama grannies buying the fucking National Enquirer at Wal-Mart.

Except I get my celebrity gossip from blogs and message boards. I'm nothing like those sheeple who just want to be shoveled juicy and damaging unsubstantiated reports about people who make more money than me.

6) diarrhea mouth > asking questions

Excuse me, I'm not sure what your positions is---but fuck that I'd rather manufacture a controversy, rather than ask a fucking question.
echorec

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby comesect2.0 » Sun Nov 05, 2017 5:46 pm

wow, you typed all that, for what?.......hope you feel better now....
anyways yall ever see fatal attraction, crazy.
Last edited by comesect2.0 on Sun Nov 05, 2017 6:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
comesect2.0

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby comesect2.0 » Sun Nov 05, 2017 5:49 pm

what about rape in the U.S. military....going over to where ever may be, and its do whatever and some do...wooooooooo convo starter ouch! :!!!:
comesect2.0

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby comesect2.0 » Sun Nov 05, 2017 5:53 pm

oh wait i think I was referring to Disclosure 1994, same fuckin actor ..oops
comesect2.0

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby comesect2.0 » Sun Nov 05, 2017 6:07 pm

me reminding everyone of the legal definition of the crime.
comesect2.0

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby D.o.S. » Sun Nov 05, 2017 6:15 pm

Kind of impressive to study women's issues and not have a good grounding on what constitutes rape, but I'm glad you've spent a hot minute being a raging cunt instead of posting shitty ad copy for lame pedals.
Last edited by D.o.S. on Sun Nov 05, 2017 6:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
good deals are here.
escapecraft is here.
UglyCasanova wrote: It's not the expensive programs you use, it's the way you click and drag.

Achtane wrote:
comesect2.0 wrote:Michael Jackson king tut little Richard in your butt.

IT'S THE ENNNND OF THE WORRRLD AS WE KNOW IT
D.o.S.

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby codetocontra » Sun Nov 05, 2017 6:17 pm

If you don't insert your nose into a book does it count as studying?
codetocontra

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby rustywire » Sun Nov 05, 2017 6:24 pm

My unacknowledged prev post/response stands.

PS: If you reread my activity in that Gira allegations thread, you may be in for a surprise. Also disappoint.
Spoiler:
NSFW: show
I attempted to exercise case-by-case discretion and the diligence necessary to focus on accurately defining and representing the fundamental principles of a messy, muddied incident full of dubious variables which may conceal or frame a heinous crime being committed...without rushing to judgment. It is not easy to separate feelings from fact, as not entirely believing a victim and/or punishing an innocent-but-a-lowlife both leave me feeling similarly lousy.
[B/S/T shoutouts] Shortlist: Hollow Earth|Ct5|856|Condor|Thermae|OP-1|half track reel2reel|Prophet6 ... :whoa:
rfurtkamp wrote:The only transparent thing I own is a set of drinking glasses.
rustywire

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby $harkToootth » Sun Nov 05, 2017 6:37 pm

I like the 'Gear Preview' Thread. I think it's a convenient source for someone like myself that doesn't survey the market all time.
"SWIPE LEFT ASSHOLE!" -retinal orbita
"Whatever ASSHOLE here’s my pedal that makes humpback whale noises and also it has a built in sequencer so stick it in your craw! -retinal orbita
"Patty Mullen takes me from a ball peen to a sledge" -The Great Velvet Hammer
"...at this exact moment Divine has learned of your jealous scheme from the local town gossip. She also has your address, ASS HOLE!" -Narrator (Mr. J) PINK FLAMINGOS
1 bird per post please
$harkToootth

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby coldbrightsunlight » Sun Nov 05, 2017 6:50 pm

Having reread your original comment I responded to, I may have interpreted it wrong? Assumed you meant rape had to be penis in vagina in general whereas in context maybe you were just referencing the facts of that particular case (that I hadn't paid much attention to because I'm not following or speculating on a case I know nothing about involving people I don't know). I was making no statement about the allegations you were discussing.

If that's the case, I'm sorry, I was a little drunk and my reading comprehension was probably a little lower than usual (perhaps you had a point there :lol: ). And even if I was in the right my comment would have been fairly uncalled for. :erm: I apologize for overreacting, I generally try to be civil and have proper conversations with people because being angry isn't nice or productive.

Maybe this will teach me to think a bit more before I type. Or just close any tab if I ever want to argue with anyone because it's probably just a bad idea.
füzz lover. Friend. Quilter evangelist.

I make music sometimes:

https://nitrx.bandcamp.com/

https://mediocrisy.bandcamp.com/

https://fleshcouch.bandcamp.com
coldbrightsunlight

Supporter
Supporter

Postby D.o.S. » Sun Nov 05, 2017 7:22 pm

I can't trust the opinions of someone who can't successfully number his rants.
good deals are here.
escapecraft is here.
UglyCasanova wrote: It's not the expensive programs you use, it's the way you click and drag.

Achtane wrote:
comesect2.0 wrote:Michael Jackson king tut little Richard in your butt.

IT'S THE ENNNND OF THE WORRRLD AS WE KNOW IT
D.o.S.

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Jwar » Sun Nov 05, 2017 7:23 pm

Mudfuzz wrote:Nice! it only took you guys 4 pages this time

Right? Wtf guys.

This isn't a fighting thread or at least it shouldn't be. Good God.
"I do not have the ability to think rationally 90% of the time and I also change my mind at the drop of a hat".

-JWAR :)
Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Postby jrfox92 » Sun Nov 05, 2017 7:26 pm

D.o.S. wrote:I can't trust the opinions of someone who can't successfully number his rants.

Holy shit.
Last edited by jrfox92 on Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Since I always forget:

Inconuucl wrote:You can't kill Strymon, it'll just resurrect 3 days later.

BitchPudding wrote:Despite all my rage, I am still just eating tacos in a cage.

Inconuucl wrote:Welcome to ilf, we have three jokes and twelve posters. <3
jrfox92

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby $harkToootth » Sun Nov 05, 2017 7:32 pm

Jesus Was a Robot wrote:This isn't a fighting thread or at least it shouldn't be. Good God.

I was going to say earlier, I know this board has a tendency to disagree about toanz but I'm 100% certain everybody here agrees (whether you were 'shocked' or 'not shocked') that Weinstein is a horrible and disgusting person and actions of this ilk are heinous.
"SWIPE LEFT ASSHOLE!" -retinal orbita
"Whatever ASSHOLE here’s my pedal that makes humpback whale noises and also it has a built in sequencer so stick it in your craw! -retinal orbita
"Patty Mullen takes me from a ball peen to a sledge" -The Great Velvet Hammer
"...at this exact moment Divine has learned of your jealous scheme from the local town gossip. She also has your address, ASS HOLE!" -Narrator (Mr. J) PINK FLAMINGOS
1 bird per post please
$harkToootth

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion