"FUCK YOU ALL" -Velvet Hammer (Re-Hollywood sucks)

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: "FUCK YOU ALL" -Velvet Hammer (Re-Hollywood sucks)

Postby comesect2.0 » Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:24 pm

Rice cake with honey.
comesect2.0

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby comesect2.0 » Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:28 pm

:surprise:
comesect2.0

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby The Velvet Hammer » Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:33 pm

comesect2.0 is taking a months break from ILF.

As you were.
Trust me, I know what I'm doing.
The Velvet Hammer

Velvet Hammer
Velvet Hammer

Postby aens_wife » Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:38 pm

Fucking thank you.

I don't think you guys understand the impact of jokes when you have some trauma in your history. I left work early today because I almost broke down.

This just isn't a joke.
aens_wife

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Chankgeez » Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:44 pm

:hug:
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby Mudfuzz » Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:17 pm

aens_wife wrote:Fucking thank you.

I don't think you guys understand the impact of jokes when you have some trauma in your history. I left work early today because I almost broke down.

This just isn't a joke.

:hug: no some of us understand. I really haven't found a way to really truthfull reply to this topic without insulting everyone so I'm not. But I agree with everything you've said so far.
Mudfuzz

HERO
HERO

Postby rustywire » Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:23 pm

frodog wrote:I don't mean this as an attack, just seeking clarification; you said "Now/here is not the time/place to meme", as I understand because this subject is serious and it can be misconstrued. Yet (though without posting a picture) you just used Randall (from recess) as a meme. I am confused, partly because I've never seen Recess and can only read on the wiki that this character is a snitch and nobody likes him.

"to meme" in this context refers to someone who just wants to goof around. Maybe not with malice, but in such an off-putting way it clashes (unproductively) with everything else going on in its vicinity. Sometimes it can be a welcome diversion but this is a topic that gets people losing their heads as hearts swell and stomachs sour.

FWIW I didn't meme Randall, I used him as a passing pop culture reference/euphemism instead of descriptively typing out his particular brand of snitch. It has some nuance to it, the guy wants to become popular and prestigious, be treated as an authority figure but despite having a moralistic snitch code his loyalties are questionable. At least that's been my read on the character. There's def more to it but this is becoming tangental and unproductive so yeah you make a fair observation however I think it's apples to oranges :hobbes:
[B/S/T shoutouts] Shortlist: Hollow Earth|Ct5|856|Condor|Thermae|OP-1|half track reel2reel|Prophet6 ... :whoa:
rfurtkamp wrote:The only transparent thing I own is a set of drinking glasses.
rustywire

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Jwar » Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:33 pm

This just isn't a joke.

I’m so sorry Louise. I’ve got nothing but mad love and respect for you and it pains me to hear you’re suffering like that. I wish I wouldn’t have made this damn thread. I thought it would help me mentally handle stuff my family and friends have endured but it’s actually had a negative impact because of all the trolls.

:(
"I do not have the ability to think rationally 90% of the time and I also change my mind at the drop of a hat".

-JWAR :)
Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Postby rustywire » Sat Nov 11, 2017 12:08 am

This just isn't a joke.

I have trauma in my history. I think many people here probably do and don't talk about it.
Maybe because it isn't anyone else's business. Maybe just because.
If my specific trauma is being made the butt of a joke, I'm probably going to have a bad time.
Nobody wants their personal tragedy to be fodder for a cheap laugh.
However, many people who suffer silently use humor to keep from breaking down and crying.
I recognize this and appreciate them. For many victims, being able to find humor in dark places can be the sturdiest step to getting over and moving beyond [event].
The funniest people I know and have known have nearly all been the most damaged by trauma and refused to let it dominate their being.
If a topic related to my particular brand[s] of trauma has comedic potential, I also appreciate how it can be finessed to help bring a fleeting moment of hahas and endorphins to people in pain, and with that said what can be said on stage at a comedy show (anything) shouldn't necessarily find its way into a serious discussion on the topic or ever be quoted when drafting up policy.

I appreciate dark humor and honest, uncomfortable comedy. I cant say if I'll laugh or groan every time, Idk how I'll react.
Case-by-case is how I evaluate such happenings, if you're brave enough to try tackling it then hats off to ya but you better not be a hack.
Also, I sure af wouldn't fault anyone for not wanting to be party to such humor, especially in a serious setting (or what should be one) like this thread. Kinda goes without saying, to be sympathetic you don't start talking shit in a thread about a deluge of sex assault revelations.

I will, carefully, defend the notion that dark and *inappropriate humor* can be done innocuously, to spectacular effect, without malice.
The key distinction to make is what may be *inappropriate humor* for a performing comedian can be acceptable due to context,
but a sworn official, authority figure (like the highest office) it is always inappropriate, always unacceptable to joke about *this topic*.
[B/S/T shoutouts] Shortlist: Hollow Earth|Ct5|856|Condor|Thermae|OP-1|half track reel2reel|Prophet6 ... :whoa:
rfurtkamp wrote:The only transparent thing I own is a set of drinking glasses.
rustywire

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby aens_wife » Sat Nov 11, 2017 12:50 am

Adam, please don't apologize for trying to have this conversation that needs to be had. This thread wasn't what upset me today.

But for the record, I am married to AEN. I know how to take a joke. I think inappropriate jokes/dirty jokes/off color jokes/whatever are fucking hilarious - in the right moment, with the right people. I do not think that rape jokes on a stage with an audience full of strangers are EVER OK, unless you are joking about your own experiences. I don't want to see white people make jokes about lynching, for example. I don't want to see men joke about raping women. It just isn't funny ever. IDC.

What was going on in this thread was none of that. When you said that you'd have a bad time if someone was poking fun at your specific trauma, Rusty, I immediately think about how most women have shitty stories about men and power and sex. Some are worse than others and some women seem to handle them "better" than others (whatever that means), but most have them. That means that when you joke about assault or rape or harassment, MOST WOMEN ARE GONNA HAVE A BAD TIME SO JUST DON'T DO IT.
aens_wife

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby codetocontra » Sat Nov 11, 2017 1:41 am

Louise, your perspective and powerful voice has helped move this thread from a complete disaster to something more substantial. I am sorry for your past experiences. I think you are an awesome person.
codetocontra

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby fuzzisokiguess » Sat Nov 11, 2017 9:28 am

Probably not my place as a noob, and not knowing everyone involved, but it seems like it would be great for this place if there were more female voices. Bunch of males destroy each other and a thread for a few weeks, and it takes one female voice to bring perspective, honesty, grace in a matter of hours.
DRodriguez wrote:Imma build a disc delay based on a stationary bike, the faster you pedal, the faster the delay.

Bike backwards and you get a reverse delay.
fuzzisokiguess

committed
committed

Postby Ugly Nora » Sat Nov 11, 2017 10:13 am

Last edited by Ugly Nora on Sat Dec 21, 2019 3:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ugly Nora

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby UglyCasanova » Sat Nov 11, 2017 11:38 am

rustywire wrote:I have trauma in my history. I think many people here probably do and don't talk about it.
Maybe because it isn't anyone else's business. Maybe just because.
If my specific trauma is being made the butt of a joke, I'm probably going to have a bad time.
Nobody wants their personal tragedy to be fodder for a cheap laugh.
However, many people who suffer silently use humor to keep from breaking down and crying.
I recognize this and appreciate them. For many victims, being able to find humor in dark places can be the sturdiest step to getting over and moving beyond [event].
The funniest people I know and have known have nearly all been the most damaged by trauma and refused to let it dominate their being.
If a topic related to my particular brand[s] of trauma has comedic potential, I also appreciate how it can be finessed to help bring a fleeting moment of hahas and endorphins to people in pain, and with that said what can be said on stage at a comedy show (anything) shouldn't necessarily find its way into a serious discussion on the topic or ever be quoted when drafting up policy.

I appreciate dark humor and honest, uncomfortable comedy. I cant say if I'll laugh or groan every time, Idk how I'll react.
Case-by-case is how I evaluate such happenings, if you're brave enough to try tackling it then hats off to ya but you better not be a hack.
Also, I sure af wouldn't fault anyone for not wanting to be party to such humor, especially in a serious setting (or what should be one) like this thread. Kinda goes without saying, to be sympathetic you don't start talking shit in a thread about a deluge of sex assault revelations.

I will, carefully, defend the notion that dark and *inappropriate humor* can be done innocuously, to spectacular effect, without malice.
The key distinction to make is what may be *inappropriate humor* for a performing comedian can be acceptable due to context,
but a sworn official, authority figure (like the highest office) it is always inappropriate, always unacceptable to joke about *this topic*.

I think this might be one of the very few times I've agreed with you. Not only that, but I agree with you 100%. Nice.
I have a lifelong problem/trauma that makes my life way more sufferable than need be, which is very frequently joked about and used in very casual terms, both here and in real life.
I'd never, ever, ask anyone to stop cracking jokes about said issue, but as mentioned in one of the earlier pages of this thread, my life philosophy might differ from someone else's in such a basic way that we will simply disagree as a result of that. So, for me, speech must be untrammeled, so that dialogue can take place.
UglyCasanova

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby popvulture » Sat Nov 11, 2017 12:20 pm

Mudfuzz wrote:

This just isn't a joke.

:hug: no some of us understand. I really haven't found a way to really truthfull reply to this topic without insulting everyone so I'm not. But I agree with everything you've said so far.

:hug:

And I'd like to echo the "fucking thank you" part. Responding to a serious topic with absurd "look at me" comments about food were never a good addition, even 20 pages back.
neonblack wrote:They say tone is in the hooks

D.o.S. wrote:I'm pretty sure moderation leads to Mustang Sally.

coldbrightsunlight wrote:Yes I am a soppy pop person at heart I think with noises round the edge

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JphJfwsUbT4
popvulture

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion