Postby BetterOffShred » Sun Oct 15, 2017 8:42 am

Skinhead reggae... WTF. This list is hilarious
BetterOffShred

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Re: Insane OCDish genre groupings

Postby Chankgeez » Sun Oct 15, 2017 8:49 am

BetterOffShred wrote:Skinhead reggae... WTF. This list is hilarious

Actually, skinhead reggae is a totally legit genre. It's what they call the early reggae that skindheads liked to listen to. :rock: It was based on the organ-driven sound of American soul music and was before the symbolism of Rastafari movement overtook the music of Jamaica.
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby BetterOffShred » Sun Oct 15, 2017 4:21 pm

I'll be honest I didn't know that.
BetterOffShred

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Olin » Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:25 am

BetterOffShred wrote:I'll be honest I didn't know that.

Consider yourself chankgeez'd.
neonblack wrote:Do you ever just sit back and take a good look at yourself and realize all your riffs are shit and you're a garbage musician?

https://barewireson.bandcamp.com/album/off-black
Olin

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby MSUsousaphone » Mon Oct 16, 2017 1:06 pm

Lol. Where would the Chankgeez genre fit? Organic and bouncy?
MSUsousaphone

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Chankgeez » Mon Oct 16, 2017 1:12 pm

Chankgeez'd really be "every noise at once". :snax: Definitely "organic" and somewhat "bouncy" though. :D
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby Kacey Y » Mon Oct 16, 2017 4:55 pm

What's the significance of the "deep" modifier on genres? There are a lot that are just (genre) and then Deep (genre) and they're more or less the same genre, with a little nuance or maybe just newer iterations of an older genre. I'm honestly curious if it's real in some cases and/or maybe just an artifact of how some people are labeling their playlists on Spotify or something.
Appalachian Queer Punk Moms Local 138
Kacey Y

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Chankgeez » Mon Oct 16, 2017 5:22 pm

I wouldn't put too much weight on those descriptors like "deep". They're essentially meaningless. Unless you're talking about an acknowledged genre like "Deep House".

I still maintain a lot of those aren't actual genres (or if they are they're unnecessarily splitting sub-genres down even further). Also, a lot of 'em aren't even accurate. They group people or bands together who really don't have anything to do with each other. It's based on tracked data from Spotify. So, it relies on how people tag things. Not the most thoroughly precise method to compile something like this. It may be interesting, but it sure ain't anything to go by.

Also "clarinet" isn't a genre. It's an instrument. :idk:
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby snipelfritz » Mon Oct 16, 2017 5:25 pm

That Dance-Punk example is awful. Get some Moving Units up in that biddie. I've listened to Shitdisco before. Most disappointing music matching a good name.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA

Behndy wrote:i don't like people with "talent" and "skills" that don't feel the need to cover their inadequacies under good time happy sounds.
snipelfritz

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby MSUsousaphone » Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:11 pm

As a person who was once a tuba performance major, I would go on spotify and just put in tuba to find stuff from guys like Phil Sinder and Arnold Jacobs. Who could forget the Tubadours? Ammarite? I could see there being a clarinet genre. I suppose I am more post modern deep tuba, nowadays.
MSUsousaphone

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Chankgeez » Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:17 pm

#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Previous

Return to General Discussion