Best and worst decades for ROK

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: Best and worst decades for ROK

Postby $harkToootth » Tue Sep 19, 2017 3:58 pm

I see your point. Glenn Gould was famous for commenting that a lot of 'concerts' were more akin to athletic spectacle instead of actual articulation of musical ideas. We're talking about a classical pianist here who was speaking about his own field, so I can only imagine what he would have thought of stadium concerts (literally in stadiums that house franchise teams).

We've upset Sasha.
Last edited by $harkToootth on Tue Sep 19, 2017 4:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"SWIPE LEFT ASSHOLE!" -retinal orbita
"Whatever ASSHOLE here’s my pedal that makes humpback whale noises and also it has a built in sequencer so stick it in your craw! -retinal orbita
"Patty Mullen takes me from a ball peen to a sledge" -The Great Velvet Hammer
"...at this exact moment Divine has learned of your jealous scheme from the local town gossip. She also has your address, ASS HOLE!" -Narrator (Mr. J) PINK FLAMINGOS
1 bird per post please
$harkToootth

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Mudfuzz » Tue Sep 19, 2017 4:11 pm

$harkToootth wrote:We've upset Sasha.

It's not our fault then we have over categorized and structurized music instead of just making music to the point where birdwatching seems interesting.. or is it? what's the best fuzz for postpostcore?
Mudfuzz

HERO
HERO

Postby $harkToootth » Tue Sep 19, 2017 4:14 pm

Bird watching is pretty amazing actually. I would try it if you haven't. I also love labels for music and I think Sasha does too so that's not the issue.

Not sure about the best fuzz for postpostcore but I've been using my DIRGE Shoegazer adaptation (Moosegazer) for Pre-PostPost-Goth Rock and my ambient hip hop projects.
"Whatever ASSHOLE here’s my pedal that makes humpback whale noises and also it has a built in sequencer so stick it in your craw! -retinal orbita
"...at this exact moment Divine has learned of your jealous scheme from the local town gossip. She also has your address, ASS HOLE!" -Narrator (Mr. J) PINK FLAMINGOS
1 bird per post please
$harkToootth

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby $harkToootth » Tue Sep 19, 2017 4:23 pm

Actually, regarding bird watching. I took this picture in my yard last year. Mr. Birdie ate Mr. Bunny.
The picture does not do Mr. Birdie justice. This guy was HUGE. I happened to be watching my friend's dog that week and when we went outside for a walk...we turned right around. I wasn't getting in between Mr. Birdie and his food.
For those curious I am pretty sure this is a 'common buzzard' which can grow to about a 4.5ft wingspan.
1 bird per post please
$harkToootth

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Chankgeez » Tue Sep 19, 2017 4:29 pm

One time a falcon snatched a bird out of the air right next to my head. :idk:

Also, I've found the best pedal for birdcore:

psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby $harkToootth » Tue Sep 19, 2017 4:35 pm

Falcons are intense. I liken them to 'the shark of the sky'. The Peregrine Falcon has a dive of (and this the record, not the average) 240mph. That is insane!

Although some owl species are solid competitors of that title. The Great Horned Owl has a talon PSI similar to a bite a large guard dog. One specie of Barn Owl doesn't even see its prey and just relies on hearing. Owls are intense.
1 bird per post please
$harkToootth

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby GWFH » Tue Sep 19, 2017 5:29 pm

really fucking sick of these fucking shit posts shit needs to stop only one rule don't be an asshole reporting all of you especially Jwar
This course, a perpetual alternation of determining what is true, and then setting aside this determining, constitutes, strictly speaking, the steady everyday life and activity of perpetual consciousness, a consciousness which fancies itself to be moving in the realm of truth.
GWFH

interested
interested

Postby gnomethrone » Tue Sep 19, 2017 5:33 pm

good dealings here:
NSFW: show
Ancient Astronaught, fuzzlord!, onyxrhino, lordgalvar, JoeTheStache, kbit, BoatRich, oscillateur, grindonomicon, doommeow, fever606, Bearstripes, Casavettes, Faldoe, jellyfishfuzz, morange, Teej212, MEC, ianmarks, JWAR, Raj007
gnomethrone

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Chankgeez » Tue Sep 19, 2017 5:33 pm

All of those posts are totally on topic. :idk:

Also, I seem to've missed this photo of Lord Bendover:

repoman wrote:Image

roque musiqué?
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby lost in music » Tue Sep 19, 2017 5:37 pm

Worst: 80s

Best: Now
This is a very impressive collection of Roto Toms. That's 21 Roto Toms in all. That is only $33.00 a Roto Tom.
lost in music

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Location: Sorry but you cannot use search at this time. Please try again in a few minutes.

Postby GWFH » Tue Sep 19, 2017 6:12 pm

Chankgeez wrote:All of those posts are totally on topic. :idk:

fucking pictures of the fucking rock and rocks and shit not on fucking topic dood soz :no:
This course, a perpetual alternation of determining what is true, and then setting aside this determining, constitutes, strictly speaking, the steady everyday life and activity of perpetual consciousness, a consciousness which fancies itself to be moving in the realm of truth.
GWFH

interested
interested

Postby $harkToootth » Tue Sep 19, 2017 6:13 pm

GWFH wrote:really fucking sick of these fucking shit posts shit needs to stop only one rule don't be an asshole reporting all of you especially Jwar

This is my fault actually...100%...sorry. I have a thread I plan on repurposing to keep my $harkposting contained.
I am seriously very happy you are back though. Please look at my profile so that you can see we are "Friends". Even though I don't know what that means in this UI.

Feel free to post your philosophical musings in my thread. Cause in my thread...
1 bird per post please
$harkToootth

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Bloodhammer » Tue Sep 19, 2017 7:24 pm

Bloodhammer

committed
committed

Postby Mudfuzz » Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:13 pm

$harkToootth wrote:Bird watching is pretty amazing actually.

Still you proved my post, your bird posts are more interesting then most our nerding on forms of rok :lol:

$harkToootth wrote:I also love labels for music and I think Sasha does too
So.. I'm suppose to make a circle jerk joke at this point? k.. the circle jerks walk into a bar...
Mudfuzz

HERO
HERO

Postby $harkToootth » Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:22 pm

Shit man, maybe it was two years ago? Again, shows how I can't grasp the concept of time.
That was a mean fucking bird too. It seriously could have picked up the dog I was walking...and it was full sized black lab.

I see your point now. I can tell you one thing...$$$ I spent on bird watching = 0. $$$ I spent on music/pedals = :animal:
1 bird per post please
$harkToootth

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion