Fuzztopia: Follow the Smoke toward the Riff-Filled Land

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: Fuzztopia: Follow the Smoke toward the Riff-Filled Land

Postby $harkToootth » Wed Aug 16, 2017 5:48 pm

10. Acquire corporate sponsorship
11. Establish super-pacts
"SWIPE LEFT ASSHOLE!" -retinal orbita
"Whatever ASSHOLE here’s my pedal that makes humpback whale noises and also it has a built in sequencer so stick it in your craw! -retinal orbita
"Patty Mullen takes me from a ball peen to a sledge" -The Great Velvet Hammer
"...at this exact moment Divine has learned of your jealous scheme from the local town gossip. She also has your address, ASS HOLE!" -Narrator (Mr. J) PINK FLAMINGOS
1 bird per post please
$harkToootth

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby comesect2.0 » Wed Aug 16, 2017 6:22 pm

you just made/built a new basement, shut up.
comesect2.0

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby $harkToootth » Wed Aug 16, 2017 6:55 pm

Actually to balance out my silliness, I don't think 'Idealism' and 'Cynicism' are traps. I tend to be generally optimistic though.

I think all three points in the initial post derive from relativism. Namely the concept of 'success'. My thinking is rooted in the concept of time being revisionist so even if 'success' is a metric, it will constantly be reevaluated through time.

While anecdotal, I have been pretty lucky with my bosses thus far. Sure there is nuttiness and some ego pleasing but thankfully most of them have not been nefarious and have even been great mentors.
"Whatever ASSHOLE here’s my pedal that makes humpback whale noises and also it has a built in sequencer so stick it in your craw! -retinal orbita
"...at this exact moment Divine has learned of your jealous scheme from the local town gossip. She also has your address, ASS HOLE!" -Narrator (Mr. J) PINK FLAMINGOS
1 bird per post please
$harkToootth

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Iommic Pope » Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:43 pm

Im doing the quick glance at work on mobile reply, but a lack of proper mentoring has been my greatest defeat.
Actually, any mentoring at all would have gone to great use.

Also, Iman, the lack of Polish to English translations of that text have contributed to it being largely overlooked and developed as a therapeutic approach.
What I like about it the most though, is the fact that it attempts to dismantle the idea of the therapist and give the reigns back to the individual.
I'll give you a decent PM response later when Im able, sorry mate
WWPD?
fcknoise wrote:You are all fucking tryhard effort posting nerds

Invisible Man wrote:I'm probably the most humble person I know. I feel good about smelling my own butthole.

Jesus Was a Robot wrote:Did you just assume Billy Corgan's dildo preference??
Iommic Pope

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Invisible Man » Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:16 pm

Don't call me mate, you antipodean ratbastard.

Nah whenever. You owe me nothing.
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents.

https://soundcloud.com/invisible-man-music
https://bradromans.bandcamp.com/album/figures
Invisible Man

Zen of BILF
Zen of BILF

Postby comesect2.0 » Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:31 pm

JonnyAngle wrote:i'll bring the foam

while back I saw a thread about a foam party and while I was trying to like you all I was confused because I thought you seriously ment.....
....and was left thinking, wtf kind of shit is this....go to school/get married/bank off job/have kids/ run away with the dudes for a few days and giggle like school girls being sprayed with white foam..................................................i was just like fuckin welloff fruits....then I learned some things....so thats my story. :idk:
comesect2.0

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Invisible Man » Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:12 pm

comesect2.0 wrote:you just made/built a new basement, shut up.

No.
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents.

Invisible Man

Zen of BILF
Zen of BILF

Postby neonblack » Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:36 pm

The basement is site zero for Fuzztopia
neonblack

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby JonnyAngle » Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:47 pm

Bottom line:

Success is not a vessel to be filled, but a fire to be kindled; the same is true for the mind.
JonnyAngle

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby $harkToootth » Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:55 pm

I also don't think 'Purpose' is a crazy maker. Perhaps 'Obsession'? Even then, like the other points, both derive from relativism and/or semantics. Furthermore, what with 'time' being revisionist, sometimes those dubbed 'crazy' while alive are later categorized as 'innovators' after their lifetime (sometimes during and sometimes not more than a few years later).

I would argue it is beneficial to have a 'purpose' but I can wager a fault in that thinking would lead others to believe that a 'purpose' is predetermined, which could not be further from how I think.

I think when other people hear the word 'purpose' they think of something glamorous or 'noble' which I would argue does not have to be the case. One's 'purpose' in life could just be, to be one's self.

I had an ex-girlfriend who wanted to be a 'Cat Lady' and she did it! She acquired cats. I use this example because people often associate a 'purpose' with being 'good' or 'bad' in its intention and this is neither. We could dissect whether this 'purpose' was 'beneficial' or 'not beneficial' but then we would have to ask 'in what context?'.
1 bird per post please
$harkToootth

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Iommic Pope » Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:18 pm

Invisible Man wrote:Don't call me mate, you antipodean ratbastard.

I prefer "marsupial bastard" to "antipodean ratbastard", but I understand your tenuous grasp on the Queens's English has hampered your nation's efforts since the colonial split.
WWPD?

Invisible Man wrote:I'm probably the most humble person I know. I feel good about smelling my own butthole.

Iommic Pope

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Iommic Pope » Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:29 pm

Invisible Man wrote:Don't call me mate, you antipodean ratbastard.

I prefer "marsupial bastard" to "antipodean ratbastard", but I understand your tenuous grasp on the Queens's English has hampered your nation's efforts since the colonial split.
WWPD?

Iommic Pope

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Invisible Man » Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:53 am

Thinking this through again, I can say it more simply: we spend too much time working away from things we actually give a shit about for it to be completely worthless. Trading your youth for too little money; &c. Also it drives me insane that my kids grow up thinking that I leave all day to get money for their food and Lego--which is their not-incorrect understanding of work--rather than my absence having any purpose. Pie-in-the-sky, I know, but my ultimate goal is to make a small amount of progress so that all this fucking time that's otherwise 'wasted' might show them that labor can have value that isn't tied to money.

I've spent a lot of time thinking and writing about labor/work, but still don't have good answers. I don't intend to find them, either...just shitting into the void.

Invisible Man

Zen of BILF
Zen of BILF

Postby friendship » Fri Aug 18, 2017 10:15 am

Capitalism is a cancer.
sound journal

actualidiot wrote:12-bit's almost analog, right?
friendship

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Iommic Pope » Fri Aug 18, 2017 10:19 am

Invisible Man wrote:Thinking this through again, I can say it more simply: we spend too much time working away from things we actually give a shit about for it to be completely worthless. Trading your youth for too little money; &c. Also it drives me insane that my kids grow up thinking that I leave all day to get money for their food and Lego--which is their not-incorrect understanding of work--rather than my absence having any purpose. Pie-in-the-sky, I know, but my ultimate goal is to make a small amount of progress so that all this fucking time that's otherwise 'wasted' might show them that labor can have value that isn't tied to money.

I've spent a lot of time thinking and writing about labor/work, but still don't have good answers. I don't intend to find them, either...just shitting into the void.

I hope to one day produce a work of some description with the lofty design to achieve something similar.
However my economy of diminishing returns in regards to time/energy/money makes it difficult.
At this stage Im settling for not going broke and not fucking my kids up too far beyond norms.
And yet the more I settle in and firm my grip on mediocrity, the less secure and sane I feel about anything.

So deepens my existential depression.
So, perhaps, tightens the coils of my reaction to positive disintegration?

I know I havent PMd you back, but in a nutshell, thats whats been eating me lately.
WWPD?

Iommic Pope

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion