Chris Cornell

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: Chris Cornell

Postby Invisible Man » Sat May 20, 2017 3:12 pm

Uh you don't take your soapboxes to the parties you go to? Soapbox parties?

Maybe I'm crazy but this all seems like a pretty obvious goof on academic nonsense to me. Then people got upset and it just escalated.
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents.

https://soundcloud.com/invisible-man-music
https://bradromans.bandcamp.com/album/figures
Invisible Man

Zen of BILF
Zen of BILF

Postby Mudfuzz » Sat May 20, 2017 6:09 pm

Nope, no excuses, no second chances, we have already piled up all this fucking wood! now you are saying we can't tie him to a post and set it on fire? what fun is that?
Mudfuzz

HERO
HERO

Postby Ghost Hip » Sat May 20, 2017 8:41 pm

Wittgenstein clearly did not grow up playing legendary motorcycle street racing video game Road Rash on PC/Playstation. If there's anything to get you into the quaint and delicate tones of Badmotofinger (or more importantly Swervedriver), it's speeding down a 2 dimensional traffic filled city street whipping a chain at your fellow crotch rocket constituents in hope of knocking them off their two wheeled saddles in hopes of securing the win and a virtual kiss from an unnamed blonde lady at a bar full of bikers/rednecks.

Find me a better song than Rusty Cage to compliment a video game experience that provides a young boy with twisted perceptions of masculinity and rebellion.

And honestly, without that game, who knows how I would feel about Soundgarden. I really only listen to Outshined and Rusty Cage because I am a sucker for fuzzy tones and great hooks. I think Chris' death is tragic. I have zero attachment to him and find it hard to feel emotional about any celebrity dying whether I subscribe to them or not. but as someone who also has dealt with suicidal thoughts.. I don't know its weird to read about. I think coming into a thread and shitting on people enjoying/grieving Chris and his work is sad. Logging in and posting in a thread just to rile people up and discount their feelings towards something they held close to them growing up is sad. You're not helping anyone, you're just causing more grief.

Wittgenstein, I think 12 is a little young to accuse you of being, you sound more like a college undergrad in their very early twenties who took a few philosophy courses and is trying to let everyone know that they don't have to feel emotions, they can be lifeless just like you. (Just my perspective, you're probably older than me or are thinking not so generous thoughts about me and this post) Whatever your age or interests, that's alright. Not everyone has to feel strongly about shit, but some people do. And it is really easy for me to not go into a thread to express thanks for a man's suicide and pick up my guitar or eat a sandwich instead. But hey, If sinking other people's boats floats yours then you do you man. I really hope it takes you places and makes you happy.
Youtube Channel?

mr. sound boy king wrote:Organic apples are not normal, they are special, like analog, whereas normal apples, like digital, taste sterile and lack warmth.

friendship wrote:y u h8 swoosh woosh
Ghost Hip

Postby Wittgenstein » Sat May 20, 2017 9:03 pm

PumpkinPieces wrote:
And honestly, without that game, who knows how I would feel about Soundgarden. I really only listen to Outshined and Rusty Cage because I am a sucker for fuzzy tones and great hooks. I think Chris' death is tragic. I have zero attachment to him and find it hard to feel emotional about any celebrity dying whether I subscribe to them or not. but as someone who also has dealt with suicidal thoughts.. I don't know its weird to read about. I think coming into a thread and shitting on people enjoying/grieving Chris and his work is sad. Logging in and posting in a thread just to rile people up and discount their feelings towards something they held close to them growing up is sad. You're not helping anyone, you're just causing more grief.

Wittgenstein, I think 12 is a little young to accuse you of being, you sound more like a college undergrad in their very early twenties who took a few philosophy courses and is trying to let everyone know that they don't have to feel emotions, they can be lifeless just like you. (Just my perspective, you're probably older than me or are thinking not so generous thoughts about me and this post) Whatever your age or interests, that's alright. Not everyone has to feel strongly about shit, but some people do. And it is really easy for me to not go into a thread to express thanks for a man's suicide and pick up my guitar or eat a sandwich instead. But hey, If sinking other people's boats floats yours then you do you man. I really hope it takes you places and makes you happy.

This is a Turing test, right? You almost had me, but the sheer banality of the moral thoughts expressed in this post gave it away. You're still quite a bit of ways away from replicating the sort of creative power and independent will characteristic of human consciousness.
This course, a perpetual alternation of determining what is true, and then setting aside this determining, constitutes, strictly speaking, the steady everyday life and activity of perpetual consciousness, a consciousness which fancies itself to be moving in the realm of truth.
Wittgenstein

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Ghost Hip » Sat May 20, 2017 9:09 pm

Wittgenstein wrote:
PumpkinPieces wrote:

This is a Turing test, right? You almost had me, but the sheer banality of the moral thoughts expressed in this post gave it away. You're still quite a bit of ways away from replicating the sort of creative power and independent will characteristic of human consciousness.

You got me. :)
Youtube Channel?

mr. sound boy king wrote:Organic apples are not normal, they are special, like analog, whereas normal apples, like digital, taste sterile and lack warmth.

friendship wrote:y u h8 swoosh woosh
Ghost Hip

Postby comesect2.0 » Sat May 20, 2017 9:11 pm

Wigens wrote:

Turing test sheer banality moral replicating sort of creative power independent will characteristic human consciousness.[/quote]

how many youtube history documentary's have you watched today boy?
you know when I first started on ILF i thought id share some deep thoughts and philisophical whatnots but all I ever had replied was, "thats beautiful" or "nice" so now i type out like kerowack and piss immonic pope and pop vulture off....your not impressing anyone buddy. sorry.... :hug:
comesect2.0

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby John » Sat May 20, 2017 9:28 pm

Witlessteen, what a namedropping tryhard you are. You're a caricature of a sophomoron.
friendship wrote:death to false bleep-blop
John

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Wittgenstein » Sat May 20, 2017 9:52 pm

John wrote:Witlessteen, what a namedropping tryhard you are. You're a caricature of a sophomoron.

What was it Nietzsche said? Oh yeah.

"When one does away with oneself one does the most estimable thing possible: one thereby almost deserves to live. . . . Society -- what am I saying! life itself derives more advantage from that than from any sort of 'life' spent in renunciation, green-sickness and other virtues -- one has freed others from having to endure one's sight, one has removed an objection from life."
This course, a perpetual alternation of determining what is true, and then setting aside this determining, constitutes, strictly speaking, the steady everyday life and activity of perpetual consciousness, a consciousness which fancies itself to be moving in the realm of truth.
Wittgenstein

Supporter
Supporter

Postby comesect2.0 » Sat May 20, 2017 9:56 pm

draw sucka! ((((CYBER(POW)((POW))(((POW))))!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
comesect2.0

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby $harkToootth » Sat May 20, 2017 10:06 pm

*I actually read this book and it is inadvertently homophobic :lol:
"SWIPE LEFT ASSHOLE!" -retinal orbita
"Whatever ASSHOLE here’s my pedal that makes humpback whale noises and also it has a built in sequencer so stick it in your craw! -retinal orbita
"Patty Mullen takes me from a ball peen to a sledge" -The Great Velvet Hammer
"...at this exact moment Divine has learned of your jealous scheme from the local town gossip. She also has your address, ASS HOLE!" -Narrator (Mr. J) PINK FLAMINGOS
1 bird per post please
$harkToootth

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby $harkToootth » Sat May 20, 2017 10:11 pm

Also...
Uhhh...what was it uhh...Saul Bellow said about uhh...quoting philosophers who uhh...probably had syphilis...

If we're all going to get something out of this thread...don't get syphilis.
Last edited by $harkToootth on Sat May 20, 2017 10:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Whatever ASSHOLE here’s my pedal that makes humpback whale noises and also it has a built in sequencer so stick it in your craw! -retinal orbita
"...at this exact moment Divine has learned of your jealous scheme from the local town gossip. She also has your address, ASS HOLE!" -Narrator (Mr. J) PINK FLAMINGOS
1 bird per post please
$harkToootth

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Wittgenstein » Sat May 20, 2017 10:23 pm

He got syphilis while selflessly tending to wounded soldiers you heartless insensitive fuck

Nietzsche's one of my heroes, so your post is a trigger

reported
Wittgenstein

Supporter
Supporter

Postby $harkToootth » Sat May 20, 2017 10:37 pm

:lol:
Note that I didn't attack him (or you even). I just brought up something Saul Bellow said, then warned people here (who I care about) not to get syphilis (cause it's nasty). And who can know?
1. The story of the alleged syphilis came from a brothel, not soldiers.
2. He may have actually just had brain cancer

Have a pleasant evening!
1 bird per post please
$harkToootth

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby comesect2.0 » Sat May 20, 2017 11:06 pm

i always get shit for having this on my shelf....one of his most pissed off books, questions galore.
comesect2.0

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Invisible Man » Sun May 21, 2017 12:25 am

Shit, now the three worst posters on ILF all have the same avatar.

BLOCK ROBOCOPS
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents.

https://soundcloud.com/invisible-man-music
https://bradromans.bandcamp.com/album/figures
Invisible Man

Zen of BILF
Zen of BILF

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion