Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: Chank, Pop, and IMan love Ryan Gosling/ Weeeeee Blade Ru

Postby Iommic Pope » Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:14 pm

Gosling was good.
Good ole R.Gos.

Anyone see the shorts?
WWPD?
fcknoise wrote:You are all fucking tryhard effort posting nerds

Invisible Man wrote:I'm probably the most humble person I know. I feel good about smelling my own butthole.

Jesus Was a Robot wrote:Did you just assume Billy Corgan's dildo preference??
Iommic Pope

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Chankgeez » Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:14 pm

I probably need to see it again. It wasn't bad, I was just underwhelmed. :snax:
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby Andrew » Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:20 pm

I normally hate Jared Leto with a fiery passion, but 2nd time seeing 2049 after watching the shorts made me appreciate his role after knowing that Leto was always a pretentious wanger with a God complex - he was just playing as himself the whole time.

http://www.rollingstone.com/glixel/feat ... er-w509779
Wanky wank, great article though.
Last edited by Andrew on Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Andrew

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby MrNovember » Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:05 pm

Yeah the shorts provide some great backstory. The anime one and the Jared Leto one are pretty important to the world building. The Bautista one was more or less just a spoiler

I also don't mind Jared Leto most of the time :idk:
MrNovember

Modulae of BILF
Modulae of BILF

Postby Chankgeez » Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:09 pm

Gonna have to watch the shorts now.

I like Jared Leto well enough and thought he was perfect for that role.
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby Iommic Pope » Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:46 pm

Yeah he plays a good douche bag.
Bautista is surprisingly excellent in this film.
Like, it’s not a stretch for him, but he manages to fit in with the rest of the aesthetic quite well and seems genuine.
WWPD?
fcknoise wrote:You are all fucking tryhard effort posting nerds

Invisible Man wrote:I'm probably the most humble person I know. I feel good about smelling my own butthole.

Jesus Was a Robot wrote:Did you just assume Billy Corgan's dildo preference??
Iommic Pope

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Chankgeez » Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:58 pm

I just watched the shorts. The anime one is excellent.

I like the Edward James Olmos cameo in 2049 too. Made me laugh.
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby comesect2.0 » Sun Jan 07, 2018 6:43 am

how was it? make sense? should I seek it?
comesect2.0

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Olin » Sun Jan 07, 2018 6:53 am

Finally got round to watching this because I didn't want to do it in the cinema.
I expected good things because almost everything it was criticised for by morons were things I enjoy (languidity, lack of 'splosions, "nothing happening") and predictably found it pretty wonderful.
Don't like Jared Leto, won't like Jared Leto, shouldn't have been Jared Leto, Hans Zimmer is an over-dramatic echo that didn't add anything to the film; the only time the sound track was good was when it borrowed directly from the original***, and I really, really hope they haven't ended it like that for the purpose of setting of another sequel because I don't think that would be an enjoyable thing to do. Those are my complaints, there aren't many and they're small, it was a brilliant film and Denis Villenueve did a brilliant job.

I watched the prequels immediately afterwards, they were okay, not necessary watching by any means but it's fun for filling in a few more details. Comesect, you can find all three of them on Youtube.

***This isn't to say the soundtrack was bad, it just wasn't very good and I don't remember a single part of it from any scene whatsoever. It has pretty gargantuan, Vangelis-shaped shoes to fill and it didn't really stand much of a chance, but the cinematography managed to be (maybe even better than) just as good as the original.
neonblack wrote:Do you ever just sit back and take a good look at yourself and realize all your riffs are shit and you're a garbage musician?

https://barewireson.bandcamp.com/album/off-black
Olin

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby jrfox92 » Sun Jan 07, 2018 1:56 pm

Olin wrote:Hans Zimmer is an over-dramatic echo that didn't add anything to the film; the only time the sound track was good was when it borrowed directly from the original***

I couldn't help but laugh every time I saw someone post on Facebook about how "genius" Zimmer's soundtrack was for BR:2049.
Especially since it was clear they'd never seen the original Blade Runner. :facepalm:

Olin wrote:and I really, really hope they haven't ended it like that for the purpose of setting of another sequel because I don't think that would be an enjoyable thing to do.

Yeah, that's been the rumor.

The worst argument I've seen from people is, "well, all those other famous films are doing trilogies and they're good".
No. Not really.
If they do end up creating a trilogy, they should wait another 35 years, otherwise it'll just cheapen the "franchise". :poke:
Also, I can't see a reason why any studio would be interested in making yet another box office flop that appeals to such a small group of people solely so they could say, "we got three, now".

Arguably, the best thing about the new Blade Runner is all the videos Adam Savage has made about it.

Since I always forget:

Inconuucl wrote:You can't kill Strymon, it'll just resurrect 3 days later.

BitchPudding wrote:Despite all my rage, I am still just eating tacos in a cage.

Inconuucl wrote:Welcome to ilf, we have three jokes and twelve posters. <3
jrfox92

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Chankgeez » Sun Jan 07, 2018 2:07 pm

I'll have to take a peek at those Adam Savage vids. Looks interesting. :thumb: :snax:

Olin wrote: the cinematography managed to be (maybe even better than) just as good as the original.

I think the cinematography game has been upped since the original movie (even for movies that're otherwise unspectacular). So, I would expect no less from a movie like this.

I saw it in a small theater (because it was closer to my apartment). Wish I'd gone to see it in a larger theater (for the full effect).

Intend to go see it again in a theater (if it ever plays as a midnight movie or somethin'). :snax:
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby resincum » Sun Jan 07, 2018 5:08 pm

why all the soundtrack hate :cry: that opening sequence is fucking epic thru cranked speakers
i'm glad i can call you a friend. even if i'll never see you again
resincum

Supporter
Supporter

Postby jrfox92 » Sun Jan 07, 2018 5:35 pm

It's not that it's bad, it's just that it's really cringey how people are saying shit like it's "the greatest soundtrack ever" when it isn't even the greatest Blade Runner soundtrack.

It's good, but it's very clearly "Hans Zimmer tries to ape Vangelis" good. :idk:
Since I always forget:

Inconuucl wrote:You can't kill Strymon, it'll just resurrect 3 days later.

BitchPudding wrote:Despite all my rage, I am still just eating tacos in a cage.

Inconuucl wrote:Welcome to ilf, we have three jokes and twelve posters. <3
jrfox92

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby MrNovember » Sun Jan 07, 2018 9:13 pm

I have been on a mad Adam Savage binge lately, mostly due to the Blade Runner vids. I fucking want those binoculars. I would seriously toss all my money towards Adam Savage made movie props; everything he makes is fucking legit.

As far as the soundtrack goes, I thought it fit well within the movie and I am super happy with my originial Blade Runner/Blade Runner 2049 soundtrack that I have going on my phone while I work/do stuff :idk:
jrfox92 wrote:It's good, but it's very clearly "Hans Zimmer tries to ape Vangelis" good. :idk:

This, very much this. Every time I listen to it I think it kind of sounds like a rip off of Vangelis. Which again, doesn't make it bad, it just doesn't sound very organic or original either
MrNovember

Modulae of BILF
Modulae of BILF

Postby Olin » Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:02 am

jrfox92 wrote:It's not that it's bad, it's just that it's really cringey how people are saying shit like it's "the greatest soundtrack ever" when it isn't even the greatest Blade Runner soundtrack.

It's good, but it's very clearly "Hans Zimmer tries to ape Vangelis" good. :idk:

Yep. Imagine if Vangelis had a complete and utter inability to write anything other than crescendo's. This is what I meant when I said "overdramatic echo".
neonblack wrote:Do you ever just sit back and take a good look at yourself and realize all your riffs are shit and you're a garbage musician?

https://barewireson.bandcamp.com/album/off-black
Olin

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion