East Coast Meetup Oct. 7-9 - MAYBE. NEWS INSIDE

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: Flipadelphia! Beast Coast meetup Oct. 7-9

Postby infamousalien » Fri Apr 28, 2017 2:49 pm

I would definitely recommend Air BnB. We just did one last weekend in Philly for Decibel Beer and Metal fest and it was $89 a night for a whole house.
infamousalien

experienced
experienced

Postby smallsnd/bigsnd » Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:50 pm

yeah airbnb will be very cheap in philadelphia for sure.
as for neighborhoods, i live in fishtown which is now very gentrified and a decent area with lots of venues, restaurants, bars, etc. (fairly close to philamoca as well)
old city is cool if you want to get some historical vibes and stay in a nice old place, rittenhouse is a fancier neighborhood if you're into that, south philly is south philly (look around the italian market or near passyunk at south 11th), west philly is kinda like the crunchy hood and has more trees, big victorian houses and students (kbit lives out there and can provide more details).

if we do it at philamoca (which i think is the best option) it's easy to get there via uber, lyft, etc. from anywhere in the city and will be pretty cheap. there is a trolley that will get you relatively close in addition to the subway but unfortunately the neighborhood is in a little bit of a dead zone as it relates to public transport.

i can provide lots of recommendations for food, bars, coffee, etc. if i'm in my new place by then (fingers crossed!) i will very happily host a hang.

:group:
smallsnd/bigsnd

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby skullservant » Fri Apr 28, 2017 8:09 pm

Just need to talk it over with my wife again. I mentioned it to her briefly the other day. Would be rad to hang out with you all. Just not sure my wife would be up for watching both kids for more than a day by herself. I'll talk it over with her
skullservant

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby neonblack » Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:07 pm

Bring them along and put the fam in an Airbnb! Mini vacation for her too!
neonblack

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Inconuucl » Sat Apr 29, 2017 12:11 am

I'm most likely there, unless life hardstops me. :!!!:
Le Ciel Inconnu (I was a whale once.)
NSFW: show
Chankgeez wrote:We should have a game show à la Name That Tune

Inconuucl: I can shoegaze that tune with 5 pedals.
other contestant: I can shoegaze that tune with 4 pedals.
Inconuucl: I can shoegaze that tune with 3 pedals.
other contestant: OK, shoegaze that tune!
Inconuucl: :!!!:
Inconuucl

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Jwar » Sat Apr 29, 2017 6:46 pm

My wife said yes. So the only question is the logging. I dig the idea of us all getting a house thing. That would be killer and cheap as long as we all agree not to trash it. Plus we could buy groceries and save a ton of money that way.

I also may have to locate a gym...it's not a must but...well...damn it guys. You know. I'm sure there's something near by.

I don't drink or smoke, so I'll be good for a DD if anyone needs on. Never been in Philly traffic, but regardless, I'm sure I've been in worse.

Oh and I'll try and bring some pedals since I can't bring an instrument. Ugh. That sucks hard. I'd be so afraid the damn airport would break it though.
"I do not have the ability to think rationally 90% of the time and I also change my mind at the drop of a hat".

-JWAR :)
Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Postby Benn Roe » Sat Apr 29, 2017 8:15 pm

There's one of those big chain gyms (Planet Fitness, maybe?) over by the Whole Foods in Callowhill, maybe eight blocks west of PhilaMOCA? Get your groceries and fitness in one convenient location.

My wife and I actually used to rent out our third floor on AirBnB until our daughter was born. We still have a guest bed up there, but I'm going to guess she won't be all that enthusiastic about hosting effective strangers with our thirteen-month-old in the picture, or else I'd offer it up.

I should probably be able to bring a few guitars, a bass, a few guitar amps, and a few bass amps to this. I don't have anything too fancy, but it'll help if we have a shortage of rigs.
Former Bands: Lazy Gaga, Kadis-kot, Pyramids, In First Person, the Holy Fucking Spirit, Take Down Your Art, A Petal Fallen
Benn Roe

experienced
experienced

Postby John » Sat Apr 29, 2017 11:00 pm

jwar wrote:My wife said yes. So the only question is the logging.

friendship wrote:death to false bleep-blop
John

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Chankgeez » Sat Apr 29, 2017 11:27 pm

psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby imJonWain » Sat Apr 29, 2017 11:59 pm

how did you find that gif ? haha
"To my lay mind, the lobster's behavior in the kettle appears to be the expression of a preference; and it may well be that an ability to form preferences is the decisive criterion for real suffering."
http://www.TFRelectronics.com <project info
https://oshpark.com/profiles/TFRelectronics <oshpark shared boards
https://www.staticdisaster.com/ <my radio show
imJonWain

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby John » Sun Apr 30, 2017 1:12 am

imJonWain wrote:how did you find that gif ? haha

https://www.google.com/search?q=log+rol ... p:animated
John

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Invisible Man » Sun Apr 30, 2017 6:18 am

skullservant wrote:Just need to talk it over with my wife again. I mentioned it to her briefly the other day. Would be rad to hang out with you all. Just not sure my wife would be up for watching both kids for more than a day by herself. I'll talk it over with her

This, but add a three week old to the equation.
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents.

https://soundcloud.com/invisible-man-music
https://bradromans.bandcamp.com/album/figures
Invisible Man

Zen of BILF
Zen of BILF

Postby John » Sun Apr 30, 2017 7:33 am

jwar wrote:Oh and I'll try and bring some pedals since I can't bring an instrument. Ugh. That sucks hard. I'd be so afraid the damn airport would break it though.

When I've flown with a guitar I brought it as a carry-on. You might have to put it in a soft case so it fits in the overhead, but that's how I've done it before. Check the airline's policies and compartment size and whatnot, but for a guitar at least that's how I've avoided getting my shit smashed.
John

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Muff_Diver » Sun Apr 30, 2017 6:54 pm

Hardshell bass or guitar case should fit in an overhead; both did to Europe, at least.
They might give you some shit before boarding, but if you can make it fit, they shouldn't have any problem with it.
Muff_Diver

experienced
experienced

Postby DRodriguez » Sun Apr 30, 2017 7:37 pm

Legally, once they allow you to start boarding, if you bring a guitar or bass onto the plane they are required to let you attempt to put it in as carry on. If it doesn't fit they'll make you check it, but they have to at least let you try and fit it.

If you act nice, sometimes they'll let you stow it in the closet at the front of the plane for first class coats'
DRodriguez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion