Twin Peaks spoilery megathread - Hell baby god damn no

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: Twin Peaks?

Postby D.o.S. » Thu Apr 13, 2017 4:44 pm

baremountain wrote:Either way his character is so endearing. He's got a zen-like discipline thing about him. That scene where he tells Bobby about his dream of Bobby's future was legitimately touching.

neonblack wrote:Yeah it was like the first time I didn't hate Bobby, but it's mostly because he just shut up and let his dad talk

I listened to the album way before I watched the show, but enjoy gentlemen:

good deals are here.
escapecraft is here.
UglyCasanova wrote: It's not the expensive programs you use, it's the way you click and drag.

Achtane wrote:
comesect2.0 wrote:Michael Jackson king tut little Richard in your butt.

IT'S THE ENNNND OF THE WORRRLD AS WE KNOW IT
D.o.S.

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Faldoe » Sun May 21, 2017 11:13 pm

Shit is popping off tonight
Faldoe

Postby snipelfritz » Sun May 21, 2017 11:55 pm

More like Pin Tweaks, amirite?

I watched it at a bar, saw a live band play the music of Twin Peaks right before. The band was cool.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA

Behndy wrote:i don't like people with "talent" and "skills" that don't feel the need to cover their inadequacies under good time happy sounds.
snipelfritz

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Faldoe » Mon May 22, 2017 1:15 am

snipelfritz wrote:More like Pin Tweaks, amirite?

I watched it at a bar, saw a live band play the music of Twin Peaks right before. The band was cool.

Did it suck? I haven't watched it yet.
Faldoe

Postby PeteeBee » Mon May 22, 2017 1:50 am

Faldoe wrote:
snipelfritz wrote:More like Pin Tweaks, amirite?

Did it suck? I haven't watched it yet.

Lol yeah I definitely feel an implication that the show was underwhelming. To be fair, the old seasons are pretty slow. A bar filled with hyped up people probably isn't the best environment for it.
Iommic Pope wrote:This is the best you've been.
Suffering suits you.

BitchPudding wrote:Let this be written in our history as proof that ILoveFuzz is one tight knit internet family.
PeteeBee

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby snipelfritz » Mon May 22, 2017 1:53 am

It actually wasn't bad. A lot of weirdness right off the bat.

Behndy wrote:i don't like people with "talent" and "skills" that don't feel the need to cover their inadequacies under good time happy sounds.
snipelfritz

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Faldoe » Mon May 22, 2017 3:43 pm

Good news. I'll watch it later tonight.

To Petee - yeah, I can see a whole bunch of TP fans and their expectations and excitement could easily make the experience severely lacking.
Faldoe

Postby samzadgan » Mon May 22, 2017 8:20 pm

kaeth wrote:I'd rather just see a new original David Lynch film, but whatever. I'll take it.

exactly this.

whenever money fuels the creative process its gonna suck...especially with something like Twin Peaks which is so weird and off beat.

It was also made in a time when viewing habits and TV content was so different...now the mass market watch brain numbing reality TV, and scripted drama is watered down rubbish in comparison (in my opinion) so for this to succeed it would need to compete with whats out now...I'm afraid that the new one will be bland with no edge, and thus ruin the memory of the original.
AxAxSxS wrote:...if its a loud tube amp.... :doom:

Iommic Pope wrote:Amps first, makeup sex later.
samzadgan

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby snipelfritz » Wed May 24, 2017 12:22 am

You guys really missed the whole part about the 8 piece band including xylophone and some sort of balalaika type instrument that played an hour's worth of music of Twin Peaks/Fire Walk With Me. That was rad.

snipelfritz

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby baremountain » Wed May 24, 2017 9:36 am

Damn, that band sounds rad.
I had a buncha people over to watch the first two episodes the other night. Pretty pissed at Showtime for putting up episodes 3 & 4 to stream as well, because the internet is awash with motherfuckers spoiling parts of the next those two. We took a group consensus and decided we'd rather just wait till next week (AKA follow the broadcast schedule) and have it be a weekly meetup, but god damn I already know like 6 or 7 of the characters that'll come back in episodes 3 and 4 now...

That said, I really enjoyed the first two episodes & I think that this has the potential to be even better than the original series. I'm very not worried about it being watered down or whatever. I'm beyond happy with the direction they're taking the story. Also having a weekly viewing group is something I haven't done since Adventure Time was actually airing new episodes regularly, back in 2014 when I was in college. It'll be nice to have some pals over every Sunday night to watch & discuss with.
Inner Vegas wrote:I don't think anyone is Obama

#wheresthebirthcertificate #obamahoax

solo tunes:
completed works || loosey goosey releases
associated acts:
Raab Zamboni (fake jazz/real noise//sax, modular synth, editing, misc) || Field Guide (my best friends//sax on 2 tracks)

I make t-shirts, patches, koozies, buttons, CDs, sometimes tapes, and eventually i'll start working on pedals again. DM me for pricing!
baremountain

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Faldoe » Wed May 24, 2017 9:31 pm

Just finished Episode 3. Really awesome so far.

That band The Cactus Blossoms playing at the end is really fucking good.

Anyone know what kind of guitar that guy is playing? It sounds like its drop tuned...
Faldoe

Postby taco satori » Wed May 24, 2017 11:48 pm

Faldoe wrote:Just finished Episode 3. Really awesome so far.

Anyone know what kind of guitar that guy is playing? It sounds like its drop tuned...

I think he was miming with an acoustic to a recording of a baritone/Bass VI? :idk:

Those guys are from NE Mpls IIRC and played at my gf's former job. I can definitely see how they wound up in a cameo - they're both classically handsome gentlemen very capably playing and singing older country/folk inspired stuff, right up what I imagine is Lynch and Co.'s alley
Great deals with lordgalvar, filipre, seten, DannDubblewe, PumpkinPieces, backwardsvoyager, DADGBD, jwar, JonnyAngle, dandolin, pd~, Dungus, dminner
taco satori

committed
committed

Postby Faldoe » Thu May 25, 2017 12:44 am

taco satori wrote:
Faldoe wrote:Just finished Episode 3. Really awesome so far.

I think he was miming with an acoustic to a recording of a baritone/Bass VI? :idk:

Those guys are from NE Mpls IIRC and played at my gf's former job. I can definitely see how they wound up in a cameo - they're both classically handsome gentlemen very capably playing and singing older country/folk inspired stuff, right up what I imagine is Lynch and Co.'s alley

Not the acoustic, the other guy had an electric of some sort.
Faldoe

Postby neonblack » Sun Jun 25, 2017 10:03 pm

I don't know if everyone is still keeping up but holy shit.

Tonights episode was weird as fuck. Nine Inch Nails?!? Sounding ILF as fuck!

45 minutes of crazy visuals and then 1945? Fuck me.
neonblack

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby backwardsvoyager » Mon Jun 26, 2017 4:20 am

Got a light?

was a cool trip. i think that might have been my favourite episode thus far :idk:
backwardsvoyager

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion