· Gen · Guit · · Bldrs · B/S/T ·

Switch to full style
General discussion at the Wang Bar.
Post a reply

Re: Baseball

Wed Apr 05, 2017 1:15 pm

tremolo3 wrote:It should've been gone a hundred years ago ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

The H9 and DD500 don't have a mode for it yet.

Mets should be ok. They have some holes and durability concerns. NL east is weird though and some teams there always under perform (Nationals...)

I broke my hand in a door once and couldn't play baseball...I was hitting like 700 or 800 or something so I ripped my cast off and tried to get in the game. I got in trouble. Haha.

Chased a coach down with a baseball bat when I was 11. Didn't like the asshole.

They refused to let me pitch because I threw to hard so I played short...Then a parent complained when I bruised her kids hand on a throw to first...I told his mom to teach the kid how to catch. I played first after that.

Wed Apr 05, 2017 1:25 pm

Strange Tales wrote:I had the most bizarre childhood baseball injury ever. I was playing a little league game in one field while someone was using a riding lawnmower cutting the grass in another. He ran over a ball which, in a prime example of why God is real and totally hates me, managed to rocket over the fence and directly into my ankle. All I remember is waking up on the bench and then my ankle being sore as shit for a really long time. Didn't break though which is cool.

You passed out from a tender ankle?

Wed Apr 05, 2017 1:37 pm

lordgalvar wrote:

Buffered bypassed is what you are looking for heh

Wed Apr 05, 2017 1:39 pm

echorec wrote:
Strange Tales wrote:I had the most bizarre childhood baseball injury ever. I was playing a little league game in one field while someone was using a riding lawnmower cutting the grass in another. He ran over a ball which, in a prime example of why God is real and totally hates me, managed to rocket over the fence and directly into my ankle. All I remember is waking up on the bench and then my ankle being sore as shit for a really long time. Didn't break though which is cool.

It got shot out of a lawnmower and knocked me square off my feet because I wasn't expecting it.

Wed Apr 05, 2017 1:47 pm

tremolo3 wrote:
lordgalvar wrote:

Buffered bypassed is what you are looking for heh

:lol:

I loved playing soccer/football (15 years into college), but can't watch it. Football American-style (though it's in my blood) is about the most tedious to watch on TV...Talk about pushing commercials and adding way too many rules (used to like it a lot). Basketball is ok sometimes and fun to pick up and play.

Hockey is the other one I like, especially in person. Don't follow it too close though.

Baseball is still tops. I get that it ain't for everyone.

Trout is the longest tenured Angel I think (with Weaver a Padre for a few months). Sad that the best player is on such a stagnant team...I have hope though. Glad Dipoto is going to take Seattle down a road toward further ruin and the A's/Billy haven't lucked into a Donaldson in a while. Texas will always choke. Houston might be good, but I think their pitching will falter.

Wed Apr 05, 2017 2:00 pm

lordgalvar wrote:
:lol:

I loved playing soccer/football (15 years into college), but can't watch it. Football American-style (though it's in my blood) is about the most tedious to watch on TV...Talk about pushing commercials and adding way too many rules (used to like it a lot). Basketball is ok sometimes and fun to pick up and play.

Hockey is the other one I like, especially in person. Don't follow it too close though.

Baseball is still tops.

Dude, NCAA is fucking goooood! I gave up on NFL, too annoying indeed.

Another one I really love to watch is tennis, even davis cup.... Play? Well, everything.

Wed Apr 05, 2017 2:04 pm

Yea, I love tennis...The coverage has been harder to catch lately. Used to love watching Chang play...That era (Courier, Sampras, etc) was awesome.

NCAA is far superior to NFL, I agree. Just haven't been able to really sit down and watch like it do with baseball.

Wed Apr 05, 2017 2:12 pm

Strange Tales wrote:
echorec wrote:

It got shot out of a lawnmower and knocked me square off my feet because I wasn't expecting it.

Blurnsball can't hang.

Wed Apr 05, 2017 2:14 pm

Slow day at the Gmail promotions folder, echorec?

Wed Apr 05, 2017 3:08 pm

lordgalvar wrote:Slow day at the Gmail promotions folder, echorec?

It's certainly not my place to censure you for plagiarizing DOS' 2015 jokes, but for someone like you who's trying to farm e-cred, you might want to dig the corn out of your own shit next time.

Wed Apr 05, 2017 3:30 pm

echorec wrote:

It's certainly not my place to censure you for plagiarizing DOS' 2015 jokes, but for someone like you who's trying to farm e-cred, you might want to dig the corn out of your own shit next time.

Sorry to hear you dislike me so much.

Richards vs. Cotton tonight. I haven't seen Cotton pitch, but his limited stat line looks good. Richards is inconsistent, but I think his fastball is dominant when on....He kinda gets into a mode of frustration when getting squeezed or misses some spots. Should be a good game.

Wed Apr 05, 2017 3:39 pm

I think the Phillies suck again this year, the entire city is in a damn rebuild state.

Baseball falls pretty down on my list of sports I enjoy. Hockey is always king but after that I don't know. Soccer would be better without flopping and I'm starting to get to the point where I couldn't give a shit about football. Baseball just can't keep me engaged like I wish it could.

Baseball manga though? Now we're fuckin' talkin.

Wed Apr 05, 2017 3:45 pm

Phillies could surprise...I've heard some good things about a few of their younger players. Probably just going to play spoiler for someone though (which is cool). They'll probably get Trout in a few years haha.

Hockey is a blast live! Used to love going to minor league hockey games (don't know if that's what their called though).

Wed Apr 05, 2017 5:42 pm

echorec wrote:

echorec wrote:
Strange Tales wrote:
echorec wrote:
Strange Tales wrote: bizarre childhood

Wed Apr 05, 2017 8:19 pm

echorec wrote:someone like you who's trying to farm e-cred

You know how babies look in the mirror and think they're observing another person...
Post a reply