Baseball

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: Baseball

Postby popvulture » Thu Nov 02, 2017 10:54 am

Lurker13 wrote:
Bassist_Diver wrote:The entire game the Astros looked like they were giddy and having fun, while the Dodgers looked more serious and often times nervous. The roles were reversed after the game last night - what changed?

Also, the ump has been horrible tonight, almost as bad as the Houston crew.

I don't know what changed, but Morton's composure was amazing. He had his 'just another ballgame' face on, and pitched his game.

Yeah it kinda felt like the Dodgers just gave up or something... was amazing to see the Stros win, but it was one of those sort of anticlimactic final games after so many neck and neck games preceding it. And Charlie was awesome... I remember watching Morton in game 3 and thinking holy shit this guy's really turned it up.

Anyway, happy for Houston! :!!!:
neonblack wrote:They say tone is in the hooks

D.o.S. wrote:I'm pretty sure moderation leads to Mustang Sally.

coldbrightsunlight wrote:Yes I am a soppy pop person at heart I think with noises round the edge

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JphJfwsUbT4
popvulture

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Lurker13 » Thu Nov 02, 2017 2:07 pm

popvulture wrote:
Lurker13 wrote:
Bassist_Diver wrote:The entire game the Astros looked like they were giddy and having fun, while the Dodgers looked more serious and often times nervous. The roles were reversed after the game last night - what changed?

I don't know what changed, but Morton's composure was amazing. He had his 'just another ballgame' face on, and pitched his game.

Yeah it kinda felt like the Dodgers just gave up or something... was amazing to see the Stros win, but it was one of those sort of anticlimactic final games after so many neck and neck games preceding it. And Charlie was awesome... I remember watching Morton in game 3 and thinking holy shit this guy's really turned it up.

I never felt that the Dodgers gave up, I felt like they just couldn't get the job done. They put runners on base - especially while McCullers was hitting them :facepalm: - but they couldn't drive them in.

The Astros had the same problem in Game 6 in the middle innings. IIRC it was the fifth inning, they had runners on second and third with no outs and didn't score. The next inning they had runners on first and second with no outs, and again, couldn't score. You can't win if you're not driving in runs.

Anyway, Dodger fans don't need to feel bad, they have a lot to be proud of. The Dodgers had the winningest record in MLB this year, so it's highly likely they will be back next year. It was a great Series.
coldbrightsunlight wrote:Hey man, you can do what you want in this den of shame.
Lurker13

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby lordgalvar » Thu Nov 02, 2017 3:52 pm

Lurker13 wrote:The Dodgers had the winningest record in MLB this year, so it's highly likely they will be back next year.

Made me think of the 2001 Mariners... :lol:
-Ring Mods!
"I make you chocolate"
    -comesect69-via-Majin Buu-by-way-of-Dirge/mtl.asm and special consideration from CA Anderton
lordgalvar

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Lurker13 » Thu Nov 02, 2017 6:23 pm

lordgalvar wrote:
Lurker13 wrote:The Dodgers had the winningest record in MLB this year, so it's highly likely they will be back next year.

Right on, Lord Galvar, that's a good point. You never really know what will happen next year - injuries, trades, players playing above or below their normal level, etc. But I kind of like the Dodgers these day. I look forward to watching them next season. :)
coldbrightsunlight wrote:Hey man, you can do what you want in this den of shame.
Lurker13

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby ummohyeah » Thu Nov 02, 2017 6:54 pm

Kershaw is basically the Charlie Brown of baseball.
ummohyeah

committed
committed

Postby lordgalvar » Thu Nov 02, 2017 7:00 pm

Lurker13 wrote:
lordgalvar wrote:

Right on, Lord Galvar, that's a good point. You never really know what will happen next year - injuries, trades, players playing above or below their normal level, etc. But I kind of like the Dodgers these day. I look forward to watching them next season. :)

Just gotta take any shot I can at the Mariners.

(Dodgers will probably win that division next year//Giants really fell off the last few years...Astros will probably win AL West again....I'm just hoping for an Angels wild card spot, no Texas rangers, no Yankees, no red Sox in the post season).

Both teams have some bullpen issues, but that is, for the most part, one of the more variable parts of teams. Eppler actually did pretty good for the Angels in that department with no budget.

Rangers, Rays, Mariners, and the Rockies still haven't won a world series right?
-Ring Mods!
"I make you chocolate"
    -comesect69-via-Majin Buu-by-way-of-Dirge/mtl.asm and special consideration from CA Anderton
lordgalvar

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Lurker13 » Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:36 pm

lordgalvar wrote:Rangers, Rays, Mariners, and the Rockies still haven't won a world series right?

Not sure about the rest, but I can tell you the Rays have yet to win a WS. I was in Tampa throughout the summer of 2009, and watching the Rays almost every day turned me into a fan. I really hope they can pull it off, but they're in the AL East with the Yankees and the Red Sox, so it's really tough. But the Bucs won a Super Bowl and the Lightning won a Stanley Cup, so maybe some day the Rays will bring home the trifecta.
Lurker13

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby lordgalvar » Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:41 pm

I always thought Friedman did a great job in Tampa Bay. Always rooted for them do to well. Baltimore a bit too (for my wife....and some Angels players like O'Day and Trumbo recently/Don Baylor and Bobby Grich in the past).

Sad to loose Don Baylor this year.

Anyone think Vlad is a hall of famer? I think he should go in as an expo (even if he is keeping ties with the Angels to be their first hofer). Still sucks Dipoto signed baldoquin and let vald Jr go to the blue Jays (thinking of Vlad because he broke don Baylor's leg unfortunately).

If the Angels can win a world series anyone can, haha.
-Ring Mods!
"I make you chocolate"
lordgalvar

Supporter
Supporter

Postby popvulture » Fri Nov 03, 2017 8:21 am

Lurker13 wrote:
popvulture wrote:
Lurker13 wrote:

I never felt that the Dodgers gave up, I felt like they just couldn't get the job done. They put runners on base - especially while McCullers was hitting them :facepalm: - but they couldn't drive them in.

The Astros had the same problem in Game 6 in the middle innings. IIRC it was the fifth inning, they had runners on second and third with no outs and didn't score. The next inning they had runners on first and second with no outs, and again, couldn't score. You can't win if you're not driving in runs.

Anyway, Dodger fans don't need to feel bad, they have a lot to be proud of. The Dodgers had the winningest record in MLB this year, so it's highly likely they will be back next year. It was a great Series.

Oh absolutely—maybe that was a bit of a harsh word choice, but I just didn't think they showed the tenacity we saw in some of those earlier games. Reach the end of a series like that and you're bound to start showing a little fatigue.

I didn't really have a true horse in the race, rather was just psyched for the Stros considering they'd never won and Houston had such a shitty year. Big fan of LA—they'll be back indeed.
neonblack wrote:They say tone is in the hooks

D.o.S. wrote:I'm pretty sure moderation leads to Mustang Sally.

coldbrightsunlight wrote:Yes I am a soppy pop person at heart I think with noises round the edge

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JphJfwsUbT4
popvulture

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Bassist_Diver » Mon Nov 06, 2017 2:47 pm

Lurker13 wrote:
lordgalvar wrote:Rangers, Rays, Mariners, and the Rockies still haven't won a world series right?

Not sure about the rest, but I can tell you the Rays have yet to win a WS. I was in Tampa throughout the summer of 2009, and watching the Rays almost every day turned me into a fan. I really hope they can pull it off, but they're in the AL East with the Yankees and the Red Sox, so it's really tough. But the Bucs won a Super Bowl and the Lightning won a Stanley Cup, so maybe some day the Rays will bring home the trifecta.

Rangers, Rays, Mariners, Rockies, Nationals, Padres, and Brewers.

According to 538, LA and Houston will likely be in the post-season/world series for a long time:

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/wh ... r-dodgers/
The sea, once it casts its spell, holds one in its net of wonder forever. - Jacques Cousteau
Good dealings with: Vrom, Conky

Yamaha / Gallien-Krueger / Pedals
Bassist_Diver

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Chankgeez » Tue Nov 07, 2017 5:37 pm

RIP, Roy Halladay :cry:

psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby GardenoftheDead » Tue Nov 07, 2017 6:30 pm

Context for those too lazy to google: He was piloting his private jet and crashed into the Gulf of Mexico.
GardenoftheDead

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby lordgalvar » Fri Dec 08, 2017 4:02 pm

Angels! Ohtani!

(Roy Halladay was my favorite pitcher of that era. RIP)
-Ring Mods!
"I make you chocolate"
lordgalvar

Supporter
Supporter

Postby reckon luck » Fri Dec 08, 2017 5:15 pm

I'd heard he was a fan of Trout and Pujols, but I did not expect us to get Ohtani. This is neat.

Ohtrouti? Troutani?
reckon luck

committed
committed

Postby Chankgeez » Fri Dec 08, 2017 5:21 pm

Interesting. :snax: I wouldn't've expected him to end up there either.
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion