The Gear Page

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: The Gear Page

Postby Snufkino » Sun Mar 31, 2019 11:47 am

He was probably just buying then flipping a King of Tone every week.
Snufkino

experienced
experienced

Postby dubkitty » Mon Apr 01, 2019 9:26 am

so 40 Klons then?
In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

FIFTY YEARS OF SCARING THE CHILDREN 1970-2020--and i'm not done yet

DUBZ ÄLTER LOOPZ (2012-14): https://soundcloud.com/dubkitteh-1/sets/early-works-2012-14

DUBZ LOOPZ 2: Electronic Renaissance coming soon to a Soundcloud near you!
dubkitty

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: somewhere between Never-Never Land and Wonderland, in a place called Never Wonder Land

Postby lost in music » Tue Apr 02, 2019 10:24 am

Last week when the Powerball was getting up there, I started having this fantasy about lurking on Reverb and snapping up every Klon Centaur and King of Tone I could buy. I'd corner the market on those fuckers over the course of a year or two. Then I'd make a youtube video with them all hooked up together, slowly panning over the dozens of pedals. Then, at the last pedal, the instrument cord is fed into one of those industrial shredders and the pedlols are lowered in, one by one. Then just drop that link off at TGP bright and early on a Monday morning.

Then, I'd make another one, with old vintage tape delays. It would start out exactly the same and people were gonna think I was gonna shred 'em up too. But instead of throwing them in the shredder, I'd give one to each of you guys and we'd have a bitchin' mega delay jam right there at the junkyard. :group:
This is a very impressive collection of Roto Toms. That's 21 Roto Toms in all. That is only $33.00 a Roto Tom.
lost in music

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Location: Sorry but you cannot use search at this time. Please try again in a few minutes.

Postby MechaGodzilla » Tue Apr 02, 2019 11:45 am

lost in music wrote:Last week when the Powerball was getting up there, I started having this fantasy about lurking on Reverb and snapping up every Klon Centaur and King of Tone I could buy. I'd corner the market on those fuckers over the course of a year or two. Then I'd make a youtube video with them all hooked up together, slowly panning over the dozens of pedals. Then, at the last pedal, the instrument cord is fed into one of those industrial shredders and the pedlols are lowered in, one by one. Then just drop that link off at TGP bright and early on a Monday morning.

Then, I'd make another one, with old vintage tape delays. It would start out exactly the same and people were gonna think I was gonna shred 'em up too. But instead of throwing them in the shredder, I'd give one to each of you guys and we'd have a bitchin' mega delay jam right there at the junkyard. :group:

chaotic good
MechaGodzilla

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby jirodreamsofdank » Tue Apr 02, 2019 12:51 pm

I've had that fantasy but with a $500k Les Paul. Dress up in a black balaclava, light it like a hostage video, then smash the shit out of it, post on youtube.
jirodreamsofdank

experienced
experienced

Postby coldbrightsunlight » Tue Apr 02, 2019 1:06 pm

The KLF called and they want their bit back.
füzz lover. Friend. Quilter evangelist.

I make music sometimes:

https://nitrx.bandcamp.com/

https://mediocrisy.bandcamp.com/

https://fleshcouch.bandcamp.com
coldbrightsunlight

Supporter
Supporter

Postby lost in music » Fri Apr 05, 2019 1:56 pm

Acquiring "Dream" Guitars... Now What?

So this has happened in every aspect in my life so its an issue for me. But recently its happened in the guitar world and now I feel like Im over it. I always owned nice custom shop Fenders, R8-R8 Gibsons, Danocasters, built my own teles which came out great, Ron Ellis pickups (and whatever else is the new thing), Collings acoustics, Bourgious acoustics, Martin Authentics, etc...

Then I decided that I should just start getting the real stuff and thin down from 6-8 teles to 2-3, same with strats, same with acoustics. So I got a 68 tele, 69 sg, 68 es335, 64 strat, 54 tele, 43 j45 banner, 47 LG2, and whatever else. And you know what? Eh, nothing great here. My SG and 68 tele have some magic in them but it goes with the same idea on new guitars and some just have it. My point is that I understand the chase and the journey but when you get there, its not all that fun anymore. Im over it. I pick up a custom shop or my Collings over anything else. Do the old guitars sound good? Yes, but Im not a collector and for playing they all have their quirks, just like an old car. Do you really want old suspension, brakes, carborators, no power steering? Guitars havent improved like cars have but old is old. Yes its cool but dont think that if you get that 56 strat the seas will part and the tone and play ability will make you a 3x better player instantly. Its just wood.

Again, Im not bashing anyone who wants these guitars. I have them and I wanted and still like to have them. But just like chasing dumble tones or trainwreck tones (Ive been there too), its not magic. Same with pickups. Do Ellis pickups sound better? They sure sound great and I like them in my guitar because when I install them I stop searching. But Ive went back and forth on pickups in guitars just to change the smallest differences that nobody would notice. Im sure if I turned the mids down 1 notch, nobody would know.

Wise words for us all, TGPer.
This is a very impressive collection of Roto Toms. That's 21 Roto Toms in all. That is only $33.00 a Roto Tom.
lost in music

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Location: Sorry but you cannot use search at this time. Please try again in a few minutes.

Postby friendship » Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:19 pm

that's that hedonic treadmill baby
sound journal

actualidiot wrote:12-bit's almost analog, right?
friendship

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby BetterOffShred » Fri Apr 05, 2019 8:29 pm

:|:

Yawn
BetterOffShred

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby repoman » Fri Apr 05, 2019 9:17 pm

F U T U R E G A M E R
repoman

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Snufkino » Sun Apr 07, 2019 3:36 pm

It's almost like mindlessly buying things doesn't equate to any real emotional contentment or intellectual or creative development. See you in Church on Sunday!
Snufkino

experienced
experienced

Postby D.o.S. » Sun Apr 07, 2019 3:39 pm

Snufkino wrote:It's almost like mindlessly buying things doesn't equate to any real emotional contentment or intellectual or creative development.

Counterpoint: Modular thread.
good deals are here.
escapecraft is here.
UglyCasanova wrote: It's not the expensive programs you use, it's the way you click and drag.

Achtane wrote:
comesect2.0 wrote:Michael Jackson king tut little Richard in your butt.

IT'S THE ENNNND OF THE WORRRLD AS WE KNOW IT
D.o.S.

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby jirodreamsofdank » Mon Apr 08, 2019 2:14 am

Caveating that many people could say the same thing about me on a different level, I can never wrap my head around these people who just casually mention buying $80k worth of guitars (?) in the same way I'd talk about trying out a used $150 pedal.
jirodreamsofdank

experienced
experienced

Postby friendship » Tue Apr 09, 2019 11:28 am

Snufkino wrote:It's almost like mindlessly buying things doesn't equate to any real emotional contentment or intellectual or creative development.

:idea:
sound journal

actualidiot wrote:12-bit's almost analog, right?
friendship

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby dubkitty » Thu Apr 11, 2019 12:05 pm

In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

FIFTY YEARS OF SCARING THE CHILDREN 1970-2020--and i'm not done yet

DUBZ ÄLTER LOOPZ (2012-14): https://soundcloud.com/dubkitteh-1/sets/early-works-2012-14

DUBZ LOOPZ 2: Electronic Renaissance coming soon to a Soundcloud near you!
dubkitty

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: somewhere between Never-Never Land and Wonderland, in a place called Never Wonder Land

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion