The Gear Page

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: The Gear Page

Postby raj007 » Fri Mar 31, 2017 7:39 pm

The Strictly Fuzz thread is pretty good. Beyond that, pretty meh.
popvulture wrote:Nothing is truer bypass than the void.

D.o.S wrote:Whenever I step on my tuner the shitty guitar playing stops.
raj007

experienced
experienced

Postby actual » Fri Mar 31, 2017 7:46 pm

Help a noob out..P&W?
Mixing and mastering? Makeshift Audio
actual

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby actual » Fri Mar 31, 2017 8:17 pm

Oh, is it praise and worship? DIDN'T EVEN NEED YOU LOT
Mixing and mastering? Makeshift Audio
actual

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Chankgeez » Fri Mar 31, 2017 8:20 pm

raj007 wrote:The Strictly Fuzz thread is pretty good. Beyond that, pretty meh.

yeah, pretty much this.

comesect2.0 wrote:OHHHH AND IT'S GONE! BAM!
Scott Peterson says it was inappropriate...I WAS LOOKING FOR HELP!
...cyberpunk2.0,
I wanted to alert you that your post (best P&W gear for Walpurgis.) breaks our rule regarding appropriate behavior.

''I'm looking for the right transparent drive to properly channel the spirits into our world. I need to know what happened to me.
this all started when I sold my ibanez echo shifter....im not sure but is it possible for tangible items to withhold energy from a previous owner?
Weird things had been happening since I purchased the ES2 and one night it would not turn off after I was done jamming out! .. I unplugged everything!
but the green and orange light seemed to just get brighter....
In all honesty I am not sure what happened, but I experienced a laps in time and space and suddenly snapped out of it and the lights were off!
We sold it on reverb with a disclaimer.
We used to play guitar at my church, and my pastor used to tell me wicked things were my fault alone for allowing myself to seek the devil...
was Robert Johnson for real? should I give up guitar?
I hear synthesizers are very meditative and may help clear the air with positive vibrations, not very clued in on the synthesizer world.....im not sure either if I should buy one just to try...I feel as if something is still here with me and im not experienced enough to deal with something from the otherworld.
Help.
sincerely, -Laura-''

...moving on. Heheh.

Not sure what you expected to happen. That's an obvious troll thread.

Also, your English is pretty good for a French lady.
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby comesect2.0 » Fri Mar 31, 2017 8:51 pm

:idk: Yeah, obviously bullshit..."tooo much time onnn myyy haaands" good for myself to get a giggle.
comesect2.0

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby repoman » Fri Mar 31, 2017 11:46 pm

I like browsing the guitar section, there are quite a few really nice guitars posted or interesting ones.

Lots of the posts in the pub seem to be people humble bragging in round about ways about how good they have it in life and how successful they are.

The classifieds section used to be AWESOME like 5 years ago. I got a bunch of really nice guitars and pedals off it for really cheap. Its all over priced 3000 dollar 5E3 clones and 5000 Gibson Les Pauls now though.

I got banned for a week recently for pointing out that minimum wage in Korea is close to minimum wage in the US so labor costs can't really account for how much more expensive a US mass produced guitar like a Gibson is compared to a Korean made guitar like a Reverend. That was too political. Lel.
F U T U R E G A M E R
repoman

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Mudfuzz » Sat Apr 01, 2017 3:00 am

repoman wrote:I like browsing the guitar section, there are quite a few really nice guitars posted or interesting ones.

Lots of the posts in the pub seem to be people humble bragging in round about ways about how good they have it in life and how successful they are.

The classifieds section used to be AWESOME like 5 years ago. I got a bunch of really nice guitars and pedals off it for really cheap. Its all over priced 3000 dollar 5E3 clones and 5000 Gibson Les Pauls now though.

I got banned for a week recently for pointing out that minimum wage in Korea is close to minimum wage in the US so labor costs can't really account for how much more expensive a US mass produced guitar like a Gibson is compared to a Korean made guitar like a Reverend. That was too political. Lel.

Well yeah :lol: Korean made factory guitars on average are better built and sound better than Gibson...
Mudfuzz

HERO
HERO

Postby Wittgenstein » Sat Apr 01, 2017 10:15 am

What if TGP's ban on irony and parody is an ironic parody...am I over thinking this?
This course, a perpetual alternation of determining what is true, and then setting aside this determining, constitutes, strictly speaking, the steady everyday life and activity of perpetual consciousness, a consciousness which fancies itself to be moving in the realm of truth.
Wittgenstein

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Wittgenstein » Sat Apr 01, 2017 10:29 am

For example, here's a post I was warned on. The thread is about lightweight vs heavyweight guitars, and some guy named Ron Kirn who apparently makes really bad Telecasters is going off about how back in his day everyone wanted heavy guitars and goddammit they had the best tone, etc. So I posted:

Back in my day, I played a boat anchor.

I mean literally.

I would go down to the boat docks, get myself a boat anchor, and string the g**d***** thing up right there on the spot.

Went and played gigs with em.

Keith Richards told me it was the best g**d***** tone he ever heard in his life.

Someone reported me for this. So strange...it's utterly harmless. What does it mean that so many musicians are hostile to irony? In the era of Trump, I'm concerned.
This course, a perpetual alternation of determining what is true, and then setting aside this determining, constitutes, strictly speaking, the steady everyday life and activity of perpetual consciousness, a consciousness which fancies itself to be moving in the realm of truth.
Wittgenstein

Supporter
Supporter

Postby popvulture » Sat Apr 01, 2017 10:56 am

The Eristic wrote:I once got an infraction there for posting Klimt in an art thread with the reason "Not even art."

Lolllllllllll. WHY ALL THE GOLD, BRO?
neonblack wrote:They say tone is in the hooks

D.o.S. wrote:I'm pretty sure moderation leads to Mustang Sally.

coldbrightsunlight wrote:Yes I am a soppy pop person at heart I think with noises round the edge

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JphJfwsUbT4
popvulture

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Chankgeez » Sat Apr 01, 2017 12:05 pm

Wittgenstein wrote: In the era of Trump, I'm concerned.

Well you can't even mention Trump over there.

Almost every time I do my post gets deleted. :lol:

I argue that it's a cultural reference and not a political one, but that always seems to fall on deaf ears. :idk:

Gear forums don't exist in a vacuum. :snax:
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby worra » Sat Apr 01, 2017 12:14 pm

D.o.S. wrote:Good thing worrying about the rest of the gear-related internet is a choice and you can ignore it as you please.

Yeah, this. Also not mentioned yet, their board/site design makes me wanna puke.
https://foldednote.bandcamp.com
https://sunbeamer.bandcamp.com
https://www.instagram.com/_sunbeamer/

DRodriguez wrote:home is where the noise is

aen wrote:I'm pretty much kicked out of hipster beverage town.
worra

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Invisible Man » Sat Apr 01, 2017 1:36 pm

Irony is the gaiety of reflection and the joy of wisdom.
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents.

https://soundcloud.com/invisible-man-music
https://bradromans.bandcamp.com/album/figures
Invisible Man

Zen of BILF
Zen of BILF

Postby repoman » Sat Apr 01, 2017 1:59 pm

Chankgeez wrote:
Wittgenstein wrote: In the era of Trump, I'm concerned.

Well you can't even mention Trump over there.

Almost every time I do my post gets deleted. :lol:

I argue that it's a cultural reference and not a political one, but that always seems to fall on deaf ears. :idk:

Gear forums don't exist in a vacuum. :snax:

If you make a pro-left post on TGP the post gets deleted.
If you make a pro-right post on TGP you get banned for a week or more.

That big mike dude luvs to ban.
F U T U R E G A M E R
repoman

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby culturejam » Sat Apr 01, 2017 3:35 pm

Chankgeez wrote:https://www.thegearpage.net/board/index.php?threads/lovepedal-kalamazoo-black-caucus.1811422/

I'd make an April Ryan joke, but I'd probably get banned. :idk:

I had to post something.

Sometimes I think Lovepedal just likes to prove that no matter what name he puts on the box, there is a line of people that will buy it without asking any questions or thinking.
Disclaimer #1: Co-Founder, Product Developer at Function f(x).
Disclaimer #3: I do sporadic, infrequent contract work for Black Arts Toneworks
Check out my photo gear on the cheap site: Tight Camera
culturejam

Supporter
Supporter

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion