The Netflix/Hulu/Prime Thread

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: The Netflix/Hulu/Prime Thread

Postby Sonaboy » Fri Jul 20, 2018 8:49 am

I think Seinfeld is intentionally tanking CCGC, because something seems really OFF these days.
The guy could get literally ANYONE from comedy and TV to play ball, but so many of his guests seem like they don't really want to be doing this.
Sonaboy

committed
committed

Postby jrfox92 » Thu Jul 26, 2018 2:11 am

Anyone else hyped about S2 of Discovery?
I let my CBS Access lasp, but I guess I can go another round.
Since I always forget:

Inconuucl wrote:You can't kill Strymon, it'll just resurrect 3 days later.

BitchPudding wrote:Despite all my rage, I am still just eating tacos in a cage.

Inconuucl wrote:Welcome to ilf, we have three jokes and twelve posters. <3
jrfox92

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby comesect2.0 » Thu Jul 26, 2018 3:14 am

watched battlefield earth for the first time tonight since theaters...and yeah....so figured nothing else could bother me after that, so Im trying out stranger things on netflix...and so far so good woohoo! :!!!: gotta get the taste of quarks outa my mouth, need new movie/shows... banning myself from bingetrekking, unhealthy it feels.
Man this show(strangerthings)is great so far...
comesect2.0

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby MrNovember » Thu Jul 26, 2018 10:49 pm

I've been watching a lot of stuff on Netflix lately:

- Swiss Army Man, was much, MUCH better than I anticipated. Don't let "Daniel Radcliff plays a farting corpse" prevent you from watching it. It was actually really good and not nearly as stupid or immature as I was anticipating.
- Sausage Party: another one I really wasn't thinking I'd like. I thought it was going to be another stupid comedy, but it was actually pretty smart and really fun to watch
- Wind River was amazing. I absolutely loved it; poignant and timely murder mystery with a great cast, great acting and a really amazing setting
- Safe was a pretty interesting mystery, nothing groundbreaking, but I liked it. Honestly, there were probably too many twists in this one, but it keeps you guessing and I really liked the cast.
- I watched the Staircase with the girlfriend. Essentially, a well-known(?) author finds his wife dead at the bottom of a staircase and is subsequently charged with her murder. It was very similar to Making a Murderer; equally interesting and infuriating.
- Also, anyone watching Final Space? It's...alright. Kind of feels like an attempt to cash in on the recent surge of sci-fi and adult animation, but it's enjoyable, I think...
MrNovember

Modulae of BILF
Modulae of BILF

Postby BetterOffShred » Thu Jul 26, 2018 11:28 pm

Dude read up on the Wikipedia article on that author from staircase. There's totally an owl conspiracy theory .. It's nuts.
BetterOffShred

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby oscillateur » Fri Jul 27, 2018 6:28 am

MrNovember wrote:I've been watching a lot of stuff on Netflix lately:
- Also, anyone watching Final Space? It's...alright. Kind of feels like an attempt to cash in on the recent surge of sci-fi and adult animation, but it's enjoyable, I think...

Yeah, I watched a few episodes mostly because Fred Armisen does one of the voices and while it's not terrible it's trying far too hard to be a bit Rick and Morty-esque (not in terms of settings or characters but more in terms of being "kinda weird but likable"). I'm probably not going to watch more as I really don't have much free time and to be fair one of the main appeals was that it's short episodes and thus easier for me to find time for :).
oscillateur

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Sonaboy » Fri Jul 27, 2018 11:02 am

- Wind River was amazing. I absolutely loved it; poignant and timely murder mystery with a great cast, great acting and a really amazing setting

Ah yes - the White Samurai Savior trope visits the northwestern high plains.

"Every year, hundreds of native american women are sexually abused and then disappear without a trace." Next panel "A Weinstein Company film"

Sonaboy

committed
committed

Postby MrNovember » Fri Jul 27, 2018 11:23 am

BetterOffShred wrote:Dude read up on the Wikipedia article on that author from staircase. There's totally an owl conspiracy theory .. It's nuts.

That was nuts and fairly convincing. I'm pretty sure I remember them talking about owls a couple times throughout the show.

Sonaboy wrote:

Ah yes - the White Samurai Savior trope visits the northwestern high plains.

"Every year, hundreds of native american women are sexually abused and then disappear without a trace." Next panel "A Weinstein Company film"

Fair enough, it definitely falls into the White Saviour trope. There is no denying that. I still enjoyed it though and it wasn't as bad as Tom Cruise in samurai armour. I did not catch the Weinstein irony.
MrNovember

Modulae of BILF
Modulae of BILF

Postby jrfox92 » Fri Jul 27, 2018 12:29 pm

The show's been in development since 2010, so I don't think I'd describe it as a cash-in.
Since I always forget:

jrfox92

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby jirodreamsofdank » Fri Jul 27, 2018 1:56 pm

Dark Tourist is kind of a poor man's Louis Theroux but that's still better than 90% of the reality/travel shows on Netflix.
jirodreamsofdank

experienced
experienced

Postby jrfox92 » Mon Aug 13, 2018 4:47 am

Just finished the first season of Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency in one night and now I'm mad that they fucking canceled it after just 2 seasons because it's the greatest.
Since I always forget:

jrfox92

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby MechaGodzilla » Mon Aug 13, 2018 7:41 am

has anyone watched Final Space on netflix? It's majorly ok, but my god it's a complete ripoff of Space Dandy!! I mean, maybe they bought the rights to Dandy so they *could* rip it off (like Aronofsky did with Perfect Blue) but... it's weird!
MechaGodzilla

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby MrNovember » Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:44 am

jirodreamsofdank wrote:Dark Tourist is kind of a poor man's Louis Theroux but that's still better than 90% of the reality/travel shows on Netflix.

Just finished watching that last week. I really enjoyed it. He goes to some pretty crazy places. I need to check out some Louis Theroux now though.

jrfox92 wrote:Just finished the first season of Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency in one night and now I'm mad that they fucking canceled it after just 2 seasons because it's the greatest.

They cancelled it?! Fuck that sucks, it was so good
MrNovember

Modulae of BILF
Modulae of BILF

Postby behndy » Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:00 am

yah. word on the street is they're still trying to shop it around and get it picked up again but no luck. UNOFFICIAL word on the streets is that it got dropped so BBC didn't have to take a side on series creator/i think head writer being #MeToo'd.

suckkkkkkkkks. that's my favorite thing in forever, and just got WAY better in season 2.

and season 1 was AWESOME.
Eric! wrote:YOU'RE like having two pedals in one
with your...momentary fuck switch and all..

theactionindex wrote:QUADRACOCK BEHNDERFUCK

music, videos, in progress - http://www.youtube.com/c/behndy

okay, Plan B - PANICImage
behndy

Supporter
Supporter

Postby MrNovember » Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:03 am

Yeah season 2 really upped the ante, I was excited to see where they were going to go with it. I should just pick up the books
MrNovember

Modulae of BILF
Modulae of BILF

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion