The Netflix/Hulu/Prime Thread

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: The Netflix Thread

Postby Achtane » Mon May 22, 2017 10:37 am

It's good that a show addressed all the random cruel shit that really does happen to kids.
I don't think it's the show to watch if you're already terribly depressed, but I also kinda feel that if a show is what pushes you over the edge, then you were pretty much done anyway...
I didn't like any of the characters. Well, the main guy was okay. Listen to the fucking tapes instead of storming off every time you finish one, dude. And no high schoolers have that many tattoos.
It's not something to binge watch, the only tone it has is unrelenting dreariness. Every episode felt overly long to me and I was just waiting for it to be over with by the second half.
I think it's a good thing that someone made a popular show about such grim subject matter, and I believe that it could be useful for showing people who haven't had to deal with these sorts of issues a glimpse into it. But I didn't think it was that good of a show, viewing wise.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Louy7zH9guw
sonidero wrote:Roll a plus 13 for fire and with my immunity to wack I dodge the cough and pass a turn to chill and look at these rocks...

kbithecrowing wrote:Making out with my girl friday night, I couldn't stop thinking about flangers.

Achtane

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby $harkToootth » Mon May 22, 2017 11:22 am

I'm going to watch this now. Thanks guys!
"SWIPE LEFT ASSHOLE!" -retinal orbita
"Whatever ASSHOLE here’s my pedal that makes humpback whale noises and also it has a built in sequencer so stick it in your craw! -retinal orbita
"Patty Mullen takes me from a ball peen to a sledge" -The Great Velvet Hammer
"...at this exact moment Divine has learned of your jealous scheme from the local town gossip. She also has your address, ASS HOLE!" -Narrator (Mr. J) PINK FLAMINGOS
1 bird per post please
$harkToootth

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Disarm D'arcy » Mon May 22, 2017 2:54 pm

popvulture wrote:Interestingly enough though, I've heard several friends who've directly been affected by suicide say very good things about it. Apparently it's also been praised for addressing the kind of social media pressure and bullying that kids deal with today (which honestly terrifies me when I think about having kids). With that in mind, I do plan on bucking up and giving it a shot at some point...

Achtane wrote:It's good that a show addressed all the random cruel shit that really does happen to kids.
I don't think it's the show to watch if you're already terribly depressed, but I also kinda feel that if a show is what pushes you over the edge, then you were pretty much done anyway...
I didn't like any of the characters. Well, the main guy was okay. Listen to the fucking tapes instead of storming off every time you finish one, dude. And no high schoolers have that many tattoos.
It's not something to binge watch, the only tone it has is unrelenting dreariness. Every episode felt overly long to me and I was just waiting for it to be over with by the second half.
I think it's a good thing that someone made a popular show about such grim subject matter, and I believe that it could be useful for showing people who haven't had to deal with these sorts of issues a glimpse into it. But I didn't think it was that good of a show, viewing wise.

Loved it - thought it was really well done, good music, and rather honest about what suicide is, what high school is, what bullying is and such I think.
Good deals: OsbornKT, Phantasmagorovich, UglyCasanova, DarkAxel, Skip, D.o.S, ColdBrightSunlight, Eivind August, Goroth

https://linktr.ee/disarmdarcy

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Disarm D'arcy

Supporter
Supporter

Postby $harkToootth » Mon May 22, 2017 4:58 pm

I'm really into it. I'll probably be done by tomorrow. It gets an automatic curve of one letter grade up, cause Josh Hamilton is in it and he is one of my favorite working actors.
"Whatever ASSHOLE here’s my pedal that makes humpback whale noises and also it has a built in sequencer so stick it in your craw! -retinal orbita
"...at this exact moment Divine has learned of your jealous scheme from the local town gossip. She also has your address, ASS HOLE!" -Narrator (Mr. J) PINK FLAMINGOS
1 bird per post please
$harkToootth

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Jwar » Mon May 22, 2017 9:37 pm

You guys are crazy. That show is terrible. Glad you like it though. ;)
"I do not have the ability to think rationally 90% of the time and I also change my mind at the drop of a hat".

-JWAR :)
Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Postby The Eristic » Tue May 23, 2017 12:00 am

I'm trying to watch Riverdale, but everyone is too hot. I can't focus. Also, hilariously edgy.
Check out my live guitar streams @ http://www.twitch.tv/the_eristic!
The Eristic

experienced
experienced

Postby jrfox92 » Tue May 23, 2017 1:20 am

So, The 100 is an absolutely awful show, but I can't stop watching it. :facepalm:

I'm pretty sure the writers started off with the idea that the entire show would be nothing but twists.
Since I always forget:

Inconuucl wrote:You can't kill Strymon, it'll just resurrect 3 days later.

BitchPudding wrote:Despite all my rage, I am still just eating tacos in a cage.

Inconuucl wrote:Welcome to ilf, we have three jokes and twelve posters. <3
jrfox92

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby The Eristic » Tue May 23, 2017 2:34 am

The second season is actually pretty good. It's still over the top and silly, but it's eminently watchable.
Check out my live guitar streams @ http://www.twitch.tv/the_eristic!
The Eristic

experienced
experienced

Postby Warpsmasher » Tue May 23, 2017 3:07 pm

I got caught up on reading the Powers comics, which led to finding out that there is a Powers TV series from the Sony Playstation Network, with two seasons already done (found both seasons on Soulseek).
It is campy-low budget with shamelessly crappy fx, but I don't seem to mind at all, probably in part because Powers is still one of my favorite comics, and I like the writing so far (I'm 8 episodes into the first season). Kind of reminds me of old Dr. Who and such. There is actually some good casting too. Johnny Royale was actually a great part to get for the guy who cut off Jamie Lannister's hand on Game of Thrones.
Warpsmasher

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby MrNovember » Tue May 23, 2017 10:19 pm

jrfox92 wrote:So, The 100 is an absolutely awful show, but I can't stop watching it. :facepalm:

I'm pretty sure the writers started off with the idea that the entire show would be nothing but twists.

I've still only watched the first two episodes, which were awful, but for some reason I still want to watch more
MrNovember

Modulae of BILF
Modulae of BILF

Postby $harkToootth » Tue May 23, 2017 11:31 pm

jwar wrote:I could see it being praised that way, but at the same time, it offers up more excuses for suicide to be an option and how to make it not seem like a bad thing to do. Let me know what you think. I was disgusted by it honestly.

I didn't read the film (I'm considering this one long movie) that way jwar (no disrespect). This was pretty brutal. I haven't seen a movie this intense about kids being cruel since THE WHITE RIBBON.

My opinion aligns with D'Arcy (quotes included). My only criticism is I'm starting to feel most Netflix Original have the same tone (and can sometimes come off as contrived or manufactured).

All in all I loved it. Highly recommended (for those into this sort of thing). One thing I learned (I already knew this lol) is that I am so happy I will never be that age again. I am also grateful I went to High School before the social media boom (I got my first cell phone my junior year lol).
1 bird per post please
$harkToootth

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby jrfox92 » Wed May 24, 2017 12:48 am

$harkToootth wrote:I am also grateful I went to High School before the social media boom (I got my first cell phone my junior year lol).

Yeah, I got into social media in middle school. :facepalm:
The cringe behind some of the shit I wrote when my brain was underdeveloped (don't you say a fucking word Invis).
Thank god I moved away and pretty much whitewashed everything about my past.
Since I always forget:

Inconuucl wrote:You can't kill Strymon, it'll just resurrect 3 days later.

BitchPudding wrote:Despite all my rage, I am still just eating tacos in a cage.

Inconuucl wrote:Welcome to ilf, we have three jokes and twelve posters. <3
jrfox92

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Invisible Man » Wed May 24, 2017 6:41 am

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents.

https://soundcloud.com/invisible-man-music
https://bradromans.bandcamp.com/album/figures
Invisible Man

Zen of BILF
Zen of BILF

Postby Iommic Pope » Wed May 24, 2017 8:26 am

The Eristic wrote:I'm trying to watch Riverdale, but everyone is too hot. I can't focus. Also, hilariously edgy.

How the fuck do you make Archie edgy?
WWPD?
fcknoise wrote:You are all fucking tryhard effort posting nerds

Invisible Man wrote:I'm probably the most humble person I know. I feel good about smelling my own butthole.

Jesus Was a Robot wrote:Did you just assume Billy Corgan's dildo preference??
Iommic Pope

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby raj007 » Wed May 24, 2017 9:13 am

Wife and I finished The Keepers...a Doc series about the heinous Catholic Church.

If you feel like getting really pissed off this one will do the trick.
popvulture wrote:Nothing is truer bypass than the void.

D.o.S wrote:Whenever I step on my tuner the shitty guitar playing stops.
raj007

experienced
experienced

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion