The Netflix/Hulu/Prime Thread

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: The Netflix/Hulu/Prime Thread

Postby odontophobia » Fri Mar 02, 2018 8:54 am

anybody start the Looking Tower yet? Really digging it (save for the infidelity sub plot).
odontophobia

Supporter
Supporter

Postby calfzilla » Fri Mar 02, 2018 9:45 am

Oh, the monster from The Ritual was sweet. I actually wish they had showed more of it. The whole thing felt like.... That other movie where the three kids stay in a haunted shrine and shit gets real weird.
I, myself, am a shit post
calfzilla

experienced
experienced

Postby Animal Rescue » Fri Mar 02, 2018 10:09 am

weebles wrote:Recently got into Broadchurch. First three episodes are great. Hoping it keeps up the momentum.

Also - is every British television actor required to appear on Doctor Who at some point?

Broadchurch was a great drama. It does not disappoint as the seasons go on.

Really, REALLY waiting for Gomorrah season 3 to hit Netflix or Amazon or anywhere in the US. The first two seasons of Gomorrah were instant classics. One brutal, dark and unrelenting show.
Animal Rescue (Mass Extinction)
https://soundcloud.com/animal-rescue-me
Animal Rescue

interested
interested

Re: The Netflix Thread

Postby JonnyAngle » Fri Mar 02, 2018 11:45 am

ck3 wrote:The wife and I have been yucking it up with season 3 of Schitt$ Creek. The chemistry between the characters is priceless, especially for a shitcom

We're half way through season 1. Best show ever!
JonnyAngle

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby UglyCasanova » Fri Mar 02, 2018 11:50 am

The Eristic wrote:
UglyCasanova wrote:It might be my Norse mythological genes talking, but that movie had one of my favorite looking creatures in a horror movie.

SPOILER : show
Mayhap I've played too many video games, but all I could see was a Fiend from Witcher 3 that had taken a wrong turn through the world of Bloodborne... so yeah, it was pretty cool.

Nice! I haven't played that game, but I've been meaning to, so here's to that happening in the near future. :joy:

calfzilla wrote:Oh, the monster from The Ritual was sweet. I actually wish they had showed more of it.

I'm trying to think of a movie where you never really see the entire moster/beast. The less you see, the scarier it gets, imo. The only one I can think of is The Blair Witch Project, which was scary at the time because you never saw what the witch looked like. The original Alien movie did a good job of showing as little as possible while building tension as well, or the devil in Rosemary's Baby (which I think is only a close up of his eyes..?). Anyways, the unknown is more scary, unless the creature is really disturbing or uncanny in other ways (sound, movement/demeanor etc). Your own imagination is often a more effective tool for scaring you than someone else's imagination, I find. It's like slowly sticking your hand into a dark room through the crack of a door at night. Your mind starts creating all sorts of hellish images and scenarios. :lol:
UglyCasanova

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby calfzilla » Fri Mar 02, 2018 1:19 pm

UglyCasanova wrote:
The Eristic wrote:
UglyCasanova wrote:It might be my Norse mythological genes talking, but that movie had one of my favorite looking creatures in a horror movie.

SPOILER : show
Mayhap I've played too many video games, but all I could see was a Fiend from Witcher 3 that had taken a wrong turn through the world of Bloodborne... so yeah, it was pretty cool.

Nice! I haven't played that game, but I've been meaning to, so here's to that happening in the near future. :joy:

calfzilla wrote:Oh, the monster from The Ritual was sweet. I actually wish they had showed more of it.

I'm trying to think of a movie where you never really see the entire moster/beast. The less you see, the scarier it gets, imo. The only one I can think of is The Blair Witch Project, which was scary at the time because you never saw what the witch looked like. The original Alien movie did a good job of showing as little as possible while building tension as well, or the devil in Rosemary's Baby (which I think is only a close up of his eyes..?). Anyways, the unknown is more scary, unless the creature is really disturbing or uncanny in other ways (sound, movement/demeanor etc). Your own imagination is often a more effective tool for scaring you than someone else's imagination, I find. It's like slowly sticking your hand into a dark room through the crack of a door at night. Your mind starts creating all sorts of hellish images and scenarios. :lol:

Yeah, I understand that to a point... But picking people out of the woods was just kinda... pedestrian? Like ok, maybe it's a frost giant. Not that scary. The monster they chose was really cool. I wish there was just more creative stuff like that. Not Cloverfield horse shit.
calfzilla

experienced
experienced

Postby jrfox92 » Fri Mar 02, 2018 1:41 pm

odontophobia wrote:anybody start The Looming Tower yet? Really digging it (save for the infidelity sub plot).

Yes, I like it so far.
I'd have an issue with the infidelity thing if it wasn't for the fact that the whole show is based in reality.
John O'Neill had several girlfriends.
At his funeral his "lover"/mistress and two other girlfriends were there.
Also, he was reprimanded by the bureau because he compromised a safe house by letting his mistress in to use the bathroom.
Since I always forget:

Inconuucl wrote:You can't kill Strymon, it'll just resurrect 3 days later.

BitchPudding wrote:Despite all my rage, I am still just eating tacos in a cage.

Inconuucl wrote:Welcome to ilf, we have three jokes and twelve posters. <3
jrfox92

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby PeteeBee » Fri Mar 02, 2018 3:25 pm

I started Z-Nation last night based purely on this thread. Excited to continue tonight! :snax: I didn't even make it through a whole episode because I was too tired, but that's just because I'm bad at binging and my 5:30AM bus always feels so early.
Iommic Pope wrote:This is the best you've been.
Suffering suits you.

BitchPudding wrote:Let this be written in our history as proof that ILoveFuzz is one tight knit internet family.
PeteeBee

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby MrNovember » Fri Mar 02, 2018 5:12 pm

Finally watching Daredevil. Been putting it off because I had no interest in the character, but I wanted to watch it before Defenders and before Punisher. Been a lot better than expected
MrNovember

Modulae of BILF
Modulae of BILF

Postby odontophobia » Sat Mar 03, 2018 9:20 am

jrfox92 wrote:
odontophobia wrote:anybody start The Looming Tower yet? Really digging it (save for the infidelity sub plot).

Yes, I like it so far.
I'd have an issue with the infidelity thing if it wasn't for the fact that the whole show is based in reality.
John O'Neill had several girlfriends.
At his funeral his "lover"/mistress and two other girlfriends were there.
Also, he was reprimanded by the bureau because he compromised a safe house by letting his mistress in to use the bathroom.

I assumed it was accurate to the reality of things... I just don’t care about it. Doesn’t do it for me, is all. But maybe it has an impact on the narrative further in that will help it feel more relevant.
odontophobia

Supporter
Supporter

Postby friendship » Sat Mar 03, 2018 12:14 pm

the new Queer Eye is giving me hope that I could really turn my life around with the help of five skilled, enthusiastic men and about $100,000.
sound journal

actualidiot wrote:12-bit's almost analog, right?
friendship

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby calfzilla » Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:14 am

Newest season of Z Nation on Netflix has not disappointed. Just need some chipped beef to go into the cheeseball.
calfzilla

experienced
experienced

Postby calfzilla » Thu Mar 08, 2018 10:59 am

And B:The Beginning feels a little "inspired by" Death Note.... Maybe throw in some Darker than Black or Tokyo Ghoul.
calfzilla

experienced
experienced

Postby MrNovember » Mon Mar 12, 2018 11:04 pm

International peeps, go hit up Annihilation on Netflix! Just got back from the theatres and it was amazing! Really cool sci-fi thing. Think like Arrival, but with crazy genetic mutations and a bit more action.

Non-international peeps (Canada, US, and China I think), check it out in theatres :idk:
MrNovember

Modulae of BILF
Modulae of BILF

Postby BetterOffShred » Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:23 am

Started the Penny Dreadful thing.. Josh Harnett is pretty generic, but Timmy Dalton is always a BA .. he literally looks like maybe 5 years older than he did in the Rocketeer.. man Jennifer Connely was so fine in that movie. .. anyway.. I hope penny dreadful is good
BetterOffShred

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion