The Netflix/Hulu/Prime Thread

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: The Netflix/Hulu/Prime Thread

Postby MrNovember » Tue May 01, 2018 9:39 am

oscillateur wrote:Netflix highlighted a show called "Happy" for me and when I looked at the details it said written by Grant Morrison. I quickly checked that it's indeed THE Grant Morrison and started watching it. 3 or 4 episodes in so far and it's great, in a Grant Morrison way. Apparently adapted from one of his comics I didn't know.

It'a about an alcoholic ex-cop turned hitman who seems to somehow not be able to die despite an apparent death-wish and who ends up seeing and interacting with a blue flying cartoon unicorn who is a kid's imaginary friend. Can't say more without spoilers. It's very violent and over the top in an almost silly way, weird as fuck and so far I love it.

This sounds really cool, but it doesn't appear to be on Canada Netflix
MrNovember

Modulae of BILF
Modulae of BILF

Postby behndy » Tue May 01, 2018 10:32 am

that sounds AWESOME, but it doesna seem to be on US Netflix either.

durn it. i LOVE Grant Morrison.
Eric! wrote:YOU'RE like having two pedals in one
with your...momentary fuck switch and all..

theactionindex wrote:QUADRACOCK BEHNDERFUCK

music, videos, in progress - http://www.youtube.com/c/behndy

okay, Plan B - PANICImage
behndy

Supporter
Supporter

Postby oscillateur » Tue May 01, 2018 11:04 am

Damn, is that the one time when Japanese Netflix has something the others don't instead of the opposite ?
oscillateur

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby calfzilla » Tue May 01, 2018 12:05 pm

Looks like Happy should be streamable in the US on the SyFy website, no idea if you have to register or anything though (at work, crummy cell service).

And season 2 is coming out :dance:
I, myself, am a shit post
calfzilla

experienced
experienced

Postby infamousalien » Tue May 01, 2018 1:13 pm

adamajah wrote:Yeah I think it stays very balanced between the two sides all the way through. I don't think it's a spoiler to say ....

NSFW: show
...that I wish it depicted more of the everyday life of the Rajneeshees living in the commune, and not solely on the elite circle... but I see why it did.

I agree. I also wish it would have gone into more about Osho. Like his background and life. More about his teachings too. For some context.
infamousalien

experienced
experienced

Postby MrNovember » Tue May 01, 2018 1:27 pm

infamousalien wrote:
adamajah wrote:Yeah I think it stays very balanced between the two sides all the way through. I don't think it's a spoiler to say ....

...that I wish it depicted more of the everyday life of the Rajneeshees living in the commune, and not solely on the elite circle... but I see why it did.

I agree. I also wish it would have gone into more about Osho. Like his background and life. More about his teachings too. For some context.

that could almost be a show in itself. I mean maybe they go deeper into it in later episodes, but I really want to know what leads a man to amass so many followers. The series kind of starts in the middle of that story when he already has thousands of followers in India. But why?
MrNovember

Modulae of BILF
Modulae of BILF

Postby adamajah » Tue May 01, 2018 3:07 pm

MrNovember wrote:
infamousalien wrote:

that could almost be a show in itself. I mean maybe they go deeper into it in later episodes, but I really want to know what leads a man to amass so many followers. The series kind of starts in the middle of that story when he already has thousands of followers in India. But why?

Yeah there's enough there for two more documentaries practically.
adamajah

experienced
experienced

Postby calfzilla » Thu May 03, 2018 8:21 am

Finished up Big Mouth and Lost in Space...

Big Mouth - raunchy, diverse cast of characters... I loved it. Supporting cast stole the show.

Lost in Space - enjoyable, but a little formulaic. I'll still watch Season 2.
calfzilla

experienced
experienced

Re: The Netflix Thread

Postby codetocontra » Thu May 03, 2018 9:48 pm

Bloodhammer wrote:GLOW is damn entertaining. It's a completely fictional take on the Gorgeous Ladies of Wrestling, but there are details that are like small homages to the real GLOW. You'd think that would ruin it, but it's probably genius. Instead of trying to portray reality while embellishing the shit out of it until it's no longer true to history (Marco Polo, for instance), the people behind it just threw history out the window right from the start, so it's not a potential problem.

Marc Maron totally makes the show. I literally LOL'ed several times.

Yeah, this is exactly how I feel. Started and ended strong. Middle got a little slow and cringey but it pays off.
codetocontra

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby BetterOffShred » Thu May 03, 2018 10:40 pm

calfzilla wrote:Lost in Space - enjoyable, but a little formulaic. I'll still watch Season 2.

Same. It was better than I thought it would be.. the last episode had some cheese but it was totally ok.
BetterOffShred

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby calfzilla » Fri May 04, 2018 10:42 am

Finished watching Kodachrome. Sudekis plays the same basic character he is usually cast (seems like something Hollywood can't overcome these days). Ed Harris does an awesome job though. Thought the writing and dialogue were pretty good. Nothing groundbreaking, but I thought a few of the insights were nice.

Quote of the movie, condensed; "Let me tell you something; happiness is bullshit".
calfzilla

experienced
experienced

Postby oscillateur » Sat May 05, 2018 11:10 am

Wow. Netflix Japan now has Monty Python's Flying Circus. :animal: :excellent:

Damn, I never though that would happen. I guess I'll have to re-watch everything before it somehow disappears...
oscillateur

IAMILF
IAMILF

Re: The Netflix Thread

Postby coldbrightsunlight » Sat May 05, 2018 6:13 pm

codetocontra wrote:
Bloodhammer wrote:GLOW is damn entertaining. It's a completely fictional take on the Gorgeous Ladies of Wrestling, but there are details that are like small homages to the real GLOW. You'd think that would ruin it, but it's probably genius. Instead of trying to portray reality while embellishing the shit out of it until it's no longer true to history (Marco Polo, for instance), the people behind it just threw history out the window right from the start, so it's not a potential problem.

Marc Maron totally makes the show. I literally LOL'ed several times.

Yeah, this is exactly how I feel. Started and ended strong. Middle got a little slow and cringey but it pays off.

Fantastic show overall. I knew zero about the source material to start with so :idk: but I loved it.

I just started Mindhunters, I'm enjoying it so far.
füzz lover. Friend. Quilter evangelist.

I make music sometimes:

https://nitrx.bandcamp.com/

https://mediocrisy.bandcamp.com/

https://fleshcouch.bandcamp.com
coldbrightsunlight

Supporter
Supporter

Postby calfzilla » Mon May 07, 2018 7:48 am

Watched Anon... can't really recommend it. It was like parts of Black Mirror, but a lite version.
calfzilla

experienced
experienced

Postby behndy » Mon May 07, 2018 12:03 pm

oscillateur wrote:Wow. Netflix Japan now has Monty Python's Flying Circus. :animal: :excellent:

Damn, I never though that would happen. I guess I'll have to re-watch everything before it somehow disappears...

does Netflix Japan get way less Euro and United Statian produced content?
Eric! wrote:YOU'RE like having two pedals in one
with your...momentary fuck switch and all..

theactionindex wrote:QUADRACOCK BEHNDERFUCK

music, videos, in progress - http://www.youtube.com/c/behndy

okay, Plan B - PANICImage
behndy

Supporter
Supporter

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion