The Netflix/Hulu/Prime Thread

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: The Netflix/Hulu/Prime Thread

Postby MechaGodzilla » Sat Jun 23, 2018 6:36 pm

I got around to finishing off Barry. really great, really well done all around. not much else to say other than how good it is.

i kinda would like to see the alternate universe where the same people made the same thing but it was a 2~3hr film instead of a series but i guess these things end up on hbo and netflix coz of how the film industry is these days. it's like how david lynch says that tv is where the good stuff's at despite how much he prefers working with the format of films.
MechaGodzilla

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby calfzilla » Mon Jun 25, 2018 9:21 am

jrfox92 wrote:Luke Cage S2 was alright.
The season finale was both a bit of a let down and exactly what I was waiting for.

Still waiting for Luke Cage + Jessica Jones to finally happen. :poke:

Season 2 is out? Completely missed that....
I, myself, am a shit post
calfzilla

experienced
experienced

Postby comesect2.0 » Mon Jun 25, 2018 2:47 pm

any of yall seen annihilation, found it in dope quality last night on a super cool site and......first 30 min i was gonna say fuck it, but then it got weird..... horribly directed....horriblly, great premise tho!
watched 10 cloverfield before that...which was dope until the end....shes all clean and not dirty...pffffft
comesect2.0

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Davin » Mon Jun 25, 2018 3:05 pm

comesect2.0 wrote:any of yall seen annihilation, found it in dope quality last night on a super cool site and......first 30 min i was gonna say fuck it, but then it got weird..... horribly directed....horriblly, great premise tho!
watched 10 cloverfield before that...which was dope until the end....shes all clean and not dirty...pffffft

I was hoping the direction would be better. That guy also did Ex Machina which I liked and he wrote 28 Days Later among other things. Maybe that's why it got the direct-to-netflix treatment here in the states (or was it everywhere else, I forget). I did read that he wrote the whole thing based on his memories of reading the book ... maybe that's why is suffered.

EDIT: Haven't seen it yet but plan to.
llull1.bandcamp.com
Davin

committed
committed

Postby MrNovember » Mon Jun 25, 2018 5:32 pm

I actually really liked Annhilation. What did you dislike about the direction?

Also, I was talking about it earlier in the thread and probably mentioned that he based the screenplay on his memories of reading the book once. I honestly think that it made for a really interesting take on the book because it was similar, but still quite different so it kind of became it's own thing. I would love to see more movies written that way.

Also, also, it was in theatres in Canada and the States and direct to Netflix everywhere else
MrNovember

Modulae of BILF
Modulae of BILF

Postby comesect2.0 » Mon Jun 25, 2018 8:17 pm

when it started I did not expect to go threw this peep show into her love affairs and shit.....then her flashbacks, which are continuous until she starts finding video camera's everywhere which tells about her man then...I love what they got across......as a prism, which cascades all of the separate parts into a whole again which I understood was the other worldly lifeforms way of becoming familiar with something new which gets in the way of ours and how she threw out "I dont even know if it knew I was there" so....fuck yeah but the "im gonna tickle you eheheh and playin crosby steels n nash or som shit is not the way to get nerds hard....loved that bear.....
comesect2.0

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby MrNovember » Mon Jun 25, 2018 10:52 pm

comesect2.0 wrote:when it started I did not expect to go threw this peep show into her love affairs and shit.....then her flashbacks, which are continuous until she starts finding video camera's everywhere which tells about her man then...I love what they got across......as a prism, which cascades all of the separate parts into a whole again which I understood was the other worldly lifeforms way of becoming familiar with something new which gets in the way of ours and how she threw out "I dont even know if it knew I was there" so....fuck yeah but the "im gonna tickle you eheheh and playin crosby steels n nash or som shit is not the way to get nerds hard....loved that bear.....

Fair enough, I do remember a lot of that from the book though. Like I'm pretty sure they even mentioned Crosby, Stills, Nash, and Young. I could just be completely miss remembering too though :idk:
MrNovember

Modulae of BILF
Modulae of BILF

Postby Animal Rescue » Wed Jul 04, 2018 10:00 am

MrNovember wrote:I actually really liked Annhilation. What did you dislike about the direction?

Agreed, thought it was a very creative, well done movie. Never read the book though so opinion is just based on the movie. Really liked how it was a sc-fi based more on biology then hard sci-fi type spacecraft and ray guns. Pretty cool for a change.

Watched Hamilton's Pharmacopeia on Hulu (and youTube). Wow, highly recommended!
Animal Rescue (Mass Extinction)
https://soundcloud.com/animal-rescue-me
Animal Rescue

interested
interested

Postby Sonaboy » Mon Jul 16, 2018 12:54 pm

Be honest - some of you still dress like this.

Sonaboy

committed
committed

Postby ProCarsteNation » Mon Jul 16, 2018 4:06 pm

if you haven't checked out Michelle Wolf's The Break..
I think it is really starting to hit its stride
"segment time" on the current episode is the bomb
aural conjunctions on SC

I hate moodswings are awesome! Oh, and I usually post when I'm way too tired...
Invisible Man wrote:do something selfish and live a little.
ProCarsteNation

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby MechaGodzilla » Thu Jul 19, 2018 6:14 pm

the world needs sacha baron cohen more than ever
MechaGodzilla

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby behndy » Thu Jul 19, 2018 6:56 pm

so awesome that Blade Of The Samurai is on Hulu, so boring and meh and disappointing. about 2/3rds of the way through, hard to find the motivation/interest to finish it.

haven't watched any Takeshii Kitano stuff in forever, this is.... not how i remember him.

Annihilation was dope. beautiful, interesting, and DIFFERENT, which excuses any of it's faults.

and i reread the book a few weeks before i saw it in the theater, it's way different in quite a few parts, but that's not always a bad thing.
Eric! wrote:YOU'RE like having two pedals in one
with your...momentary fuck switch and all..

theactionindex wrote:QUADRACOCK BEHNDERFUCK

music, videos, in progress - http://www.youtube.com/c/behndy

okay, Plan B - PANICImage
behndy

Supporter
Supporter

Postby oscillateur » Fri Jul 20, 2018 1:05 am

I started watching Annihilation just after finishing reading the whole trilogy and it annoyed me enough that I still haven't finished watching it. I should probably somehow find some time to watch the end though. Just in case it's not completely garbage :). I'm being a bit harsh but I really liked the books and it somehow felt more like a "latest season of Game of Thrones" adaptation rather than "first seasons of Game of Thrones" adaptation to me... I.e. somehow similar settings and characters but without anything really feeling like it fits together instead or really smart adaptation of a story for a another medium.

Also, season 3 of Fargo was nice. A bit Twin Peaks-ish sometimes (unsurprisingly mostly the times when a character is played by Ray Wise).
oscillateur

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby The Eristic » Fri Jul 20, 2018 1:23 am

Watched Under the Skin on Netflix. Has some really cool and intense stuff going on, but kinda falls apart as it approaches the end.
Check out my live guitar streams @ http://www.twitch.tv/the_eristic!
The Eristic

experienced
experienced

Postby behndy » Fri Jul 20, 2018 1:36 am

i LOVE Under The Skin. there's something else i saw when i found that that i CAN NOT REMEMBER that was awesome that they had it.

they have the Gosling Boxes In Thailand thing from the guy that did Drive, Only God Forgives? it's..... worth watching? very slow burning. i liked it, but i get why some people hated it.

The Signal (2016/2017 version. the ORIGINAL The Signal, which is one of my favorite Not A Zombie Yeah It's Sorta Zombies movie ever isn't streaming anywhere i can find. or the semi-sequel You're Next, also amazeballs.) was surprisingly good. super engrossing, i had a bunch of theories that most where wrong. fun. sorta Gainax'y, but fun.

even though the main character looks almost exactly like an old friend so it was ALL THE DISTRACTINGS.
Eric! wrote:YOU'RE like having two pedals in one
with your...momentary fuck switch and all..

theactionindex wrote:QUADRACOCK BEHNDERFUCK

music, videos, in progress - http://www.youtube.com/c/behndy

okay, Plan B - PANICImage
behndy

Supporter
Supporter

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion