The Netflix/Hulu/Prime Thread

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: The Netflix/Hulu/Prime Thread

Postby Sonaboy » Thu Nov 15, 2018 11:18 pm

behndy wrote:sooooo.... Legion is hellza good. ignored it because kinda burnt on super heroes and Logan was okay, but besides that..... when was the last good X-Anything?

Deadpool?
Sonaboy

committed
committed

Postby jrfox92 » Sat Nov 17, 2018 12:25 am

The Eristic wrote:New season of Patriot up on Prime. Not a show for everyone, going by S1's reception, but the it pressed all the right buttons in exactly the right ways for me, so I can't wait.

This show is still the weirdest fucking show I've ever seen.
I still don't really have any idea what's happening but I can't help but watch it.
Since I always forget:

Inconuucl wrote:You can't kill Strymon, it'll just resurrect 3 days later.

BitchPudding wrote:Despite all my rage, I am still just eating tacos in a cage.

Inconuucl wrote:Welcome to ilf, we have three jokes and twelve posters. <3
jrfox92

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby behndy » Sat Nov 17, 2018 2:19 am

Sonaboy wrote:
behndy wrote:sooooo.... Legion is hellza good. ignored it because kinda burnt on super heroes and Logan was okay, but besides that..... when was the last good X-Anything?

Deadpool?

lol. like. Deadpool 1 WAS awesome? and 2 was.... good? but it never feels like an X-Film to me.

and that is GOOD.
Eric! wrote:YOU'RE like having two pedals in one
with your...momentary fuck switch and all..

theactionindex wrote:QUADRACOCK BEHNDERFUCK

music, videos, in progress - http://www.youtube.com/c/behndy

okay, Plan B - PANICImage
behndy

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Sonaboy » Sat Nov 17, 2018 10:58 am

behndy wrote:
Sonaboy wrote:

Deadpool?

lol. like. Deadpool 1 WAS awesome? and 2 was.... good? but it never feels like an X-Film to me.

and that is GOOD.

Neither did Logan, but that movie was pretty good and it was X-men.
Sonaboy

committed
committed

Postby behndy » Sat Nov 17, 2018 1:51 pm

i liked Logan okay. got annoyed at the constant cursy times. i don't mind foul language, just felt forced and infantile. but it was well made. and a good send off to the character.

murrrrrr. hurm. to me, it was like the Post Apocalyptic Devastated Worldview version of the X-Movie end times, so wayyyyy at the end of a possible X-Timeline? but still felt inside that world.

Deadpool is so adorably silly it feels like it's not really connected to anything else.

behndy

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Achtane » Sun Nov 18, 2018 10:36 am

Annihilation was an awesome movie! Very Roadside Picnic-y.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Louy7zH9guw
sonidero wrote:Roll a plus 13 for fire and with my immunity to wack I dodge the cough and pass a turn to chill and look at these rocks...

kbithecrowing wrote:Making out with my girl friday night, I couldn't stop thinking about flangers.

Achtane

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby gnomethrone » Sun Nov 18, 2018 4:21 pm

I loved Annihilation! It just oozes off the screen with psychdelic mutant death vibes and thats really all i want from a movie. I started watching The Ballad of Buster Scruggs last night and it was super cool but I had been up early working and fell asleep. Gonna try again tonight.
good dealings here:
NSFW: show
Ancient Astronaught, fuzzlord!, onyxrhino, lordgalvar, JoeTheStache, kbit, BoatRich, oscillateur, grindonomicon, doommeow, fever606, Bearstripes, Casavettes, Faldoe, jellyfishfuzz, morange, Teej212, MEC, ianmarks, JWAR, Raj007
gnomethrone

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby behndy » Sun Nov 18, 2018 7:38 pm

yurps. Annihilation was GREAT. i liked the ways it varied from the book.

is it up streaming somewhere? in the US?

behndy

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Dapper Bandit » Mon Nov 19, 2018 5:08 am

I felt that the Annihilation movie did a better job of trying to explain what happened than Jeff Vandermeer did. Ex Machina was great as well, so Alex Garland is 2 for 2 directorially.

I get the Roadside Picnic comparison (need to watch that copy of Stalker ASAP), why aren't more of the Strugatsky Brother's works adapted? Netflix should do a version of Monday Begins on Saturday and it would be better than all the contemporary magic/fantasy bilge currently out there.

Anyhoo, currently working my way through The Walking Dead years after the fact and it's resoundingly meh. Just got up to series 7 and Negan is the most interesting character in the whole damn franchise. Except for Carol. I could tolerate the 16 episodes of not much happening if it was just Carol getting shit done.
Bringing Brought the noise in Whitechapel Murders
Bandcamp
Facebook
Dapper Bandit

committed
committed

Postby Eivind August » Mon Nov 19, 2018 6:25 pm

but loving it. on episode 4 of season 1. hoping season 2 hits Netflix soon, but the wifey REALLY wants to watch the last season of Sunny, so might pay for a month of FX.

Yessss. People seem to overlook this show, but it's really good, even disregarding the whole Marvel/X-Men-thing. Just really inventive. End of season two actually gave me an emotional response, looking forward to see where they go next. Hoping they make it a 3/4 season thing instead of dragging the plot to infinity.
https://irerror.bandcamp.com/

friendship wrote:You motherfuckers think I won't fuck up a couple octoroks and assemble the Triforce?

Deals:
NSFW: show
succor, UncleBBQ, jerms, marco.desan, jwar, robapov, Tom Dalton, Gigahearts_FX, frigid midget, K2000, Tristan, untilshewokeme, backwardsvoyager, Strange Tales, brandsmannen, Ugly Casanova, goroth, Abanoise, Casavettes, multi_s, oldangelmidnight, Jero, Inconuucl, Dungus, christianatl, doralin, Wittgenstein, worra, D.o.S, rfurtkamp, blankfield, sillyfabe
Eivind August

HERO
HERO

Postby Achtane » Mon Nov 19, 2018 7:41 pm

Dapper Bandit wrote:Anyhoo, currently working my way through The Walking Dead years after the fact and it's resoundingly meh. Just got up to series 7 and Negan is the most interesting character in the whole damn franchise. Except for Carol. I could tolerate the 16 episodes of not much happening if it was just Carol getting shit done.

The first two seasons were my favorite. I liked The Governor's arc too, but yeah, after that it just drags. Season 7 is the worst about that. Negan singlehandedly carried the show for 7 and 8 but it's picked up a little with the newer episodes. I feel like the show won't last beyond maybe one more season.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Louy7zH9guw
sonidero wrote:Roll a plus 13 for fire and with my immunity to wack I dodge the cough and pass a turn to chill and look at these rocks...

kbithecrowing wrote:Making out with my girl friday night, I couldn't stop thinking about flangers.

Achtane

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Dapper Bandit » Tue Nov 20, 2018 6:28 am

Achtane wrote:The first two seasons were my favorite. I liked The Governor's arc too, but yeah, after that it just drags. Season 7 is the worst about that. Negan singlehandedly carried the show for 7 and 8 but it's picked up a little with the newer episodes. I feel like the show won't last beyond maybe one more season.

The first season has to be my favourite. Watched it when it first came out and found it tasty. Season 2 was very slow for my taste and Dale died so boo.

The Governor arc kind of annoyed me and season 3 actually made me nope out for a few years. The Governor basically achieved what Rick was trying to do so it was almost like the writers had to make him bonkers in the nut so the viewers don't question why they've been watching Rick bumble around on a farm for what felt like 100 years. My fiance has been watching the show when I'm at work so I get to hear the highlights which works out great because season 7 was indeed starting to drag. I think Negan is a great character because it was so damn refreshing to have a character with some actual charisma and presence on screen after 2 seasons where the most exciting thing that happened was Rick growing an admittedly nice beard.

Thanks for the heads up on season 8 by the way, might see if I can get away with watching 7 finale and then 8 premiere and go from there.

I heard that the next season will be the last one, not sure whether that initiative has come from cast or writers though.

Z Nation is like a fun version of Walking Dead and I would recommend that to anyone that likes zombies.
Bandcamp
Facebook
Dapper Bandit

committed
committed

Postby ck3 » Wed Nov 21, 2018 3:01 pm

Z Nation is a hoot and a half. So many gratuitously campy elements, I couldn't get enough. Liberty Bell or cheese wheel scenes, anyone? What about Zuggalos?

I wrapped up the Netflix Marvel offerings a few days ago and, though all had entertaining elements (some moreso in season 2), am still dealing with a toss-up in terms of Daredevil vs. Punisher being my fave of the lot.

My main focus at the moment has been alternating between the remainder of Ash vs. Evil Dead and (a new additon) Pushing Daisies, the latter of which is a nice balance of quirky, cute, morbid, and bizarre. Almost Burtonesque in some respects.

The missus and I are also slowly digesting The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina, which is almost painful to watch at times (in a laughable way), and Haunting of Hill House with its perpetual timeline shifts that sometimes leave us befuddled.
ck3

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Dapper Bandit » Wed Nov 21, 2018 4:48 pm

We were nowhere near the Grand Canyon!

Season 5 is just airing over here so looking forward to getting caught up on that.

Never caught Ash vs Evil Dead, worth a watch?
Bandcamp
Facebook
Dapper Bandit

committed
committed

Postby ck3 » Wed Nov 21, 2018 10:12 pm

Dapper Bandit wrote:Never caught Ash vs Evil Dead, worth a watch?

If you dig the Evil Dead franchise, it's the next chapter, complete with the same type of graphic, slapstic violence and loads of bawdy one liners. I got distracted by other shows early on, but am getting back into the story now.
ck3

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion