· Gen · Guit · · Bldrs · B/S/T ·

Switch to full style
General discussion at the Wang Bar.
Post a reply

The Netflix/Hulu/Prime Thread

Sat Dec 10, 2016 12:19 am

Just finished the Spock/Leonard Nimoy doc (For the love of Spock by Adam Nimoy).
I don't know why, but I love these documentaries about TV shows and Movies.

What's everyone else watching?
Last edited by jrfox92 on Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Re: The Netflix Thread

Sat Dec 10, 2016 12:24 am

The Muscle Shoals doc is amazing. Also Tom Segura's comedy specials, particularly the second to most recent one. Those are just off the top of my head, will chime in with more as I think of em.

Sat Dec 10, 2016 12:37 am

Tom Segura is great. Lots of great stand up in there. John Mulaney, Gary Gulman, Hannibal Burress, Morgan Murphy, Wyatt Cenac, Myq Kaplan.
Been going to sleep to Futurama every night for the last couple months.

Sat Dec 10, 2016 12:51 am

Watched a little bit of The new Michael Che special the other night before bed, was great. Looking forward to finishing that one.

Sat Dec 10, 2016 1:41 am

I got into The Expanse after a few episodes.

Toast of London is also fucking great.
But I love Matt Berry.

Sat Dec 10, 2016 7:12 am

Iommic Pope wrote:I got into The Expanse after a few episodes.

But I love Matt Berry.

i wonder if the Expanse is on 'murica Netflix. Last i checked I didn't think it was.

Nooope. It's not.

Man -- feel like Netflix has been letting me down, lately.

Sat Dec 10, 2016 8:15 am

Watched the expanse as well and enjoyed it. I've also been working my way through Star Trek TOS for a couple of months in what will likely be a very long effort to watch all star trek eventually

Sat Dec 10, 2016 9:00 am

Mostly Netflix is in my house is just used by our kids. Usually I'll just put on Planet Earth or Cosmos or Wild Indochina or whatever to put myself to sleep. Sometimes I go with Star Trek TOS or Twilight Zone or Alfred Hitchcock. Old comfort shows though - not really paying attention.

The Android app just made downloads available in the last week, which means I can watch shows on the bus on the way to work now.

I've been going through Bojack Horseman over the past week and enjoying it. Watched A Christmas Horror Story last night, which was entertaining for a shitty horror movie.

Sat Dec 10, 2016 9:20 am

Watched Kung Fu Panda 3 five times this month.

Sat Dec 10, 2016 10:17 am

Let's see. I finished Daredevil (tight show), Black Mirrors, Marco Polo, Narcos (almost done), Penny Dreadful (OMFG so good), and then I randomly watch horror movies if they are good ones.

The shows I listed are all exceptionally good IMO. Marco Polo is a must watch. That's probably my favorite out of anything I've seen in recent years.

I alternate between Netflix and HBO Now. Currently watching The Night Of, which is killer as well. Finished Westworld and that was fucking great. So many there as well.

So basically the movies are all hit or miss these days and we are stuck with shows. Luckily most of them are really fucking good.

Sat Dec 10, 2016 10:18 am

odontophobia wrote:
Iommic Pope wrote:I got into The Expanse after a few episodes.

But I love Matt Berry.

i wonder if the Expanse is on 'murica Netflix. Last i checked I didn't think it was.

Nooope. It's not.

Man -- feel like Netflix has been letting me down, lately.

There's a PC plugin you can download to view Netflix in other regions. I'll google it and find out what it's called. I've done it many times. Not sure if it's against Netflix's rules, but fuck them. LOL. It works.

Sat Dec 10, 2016 10:21 am

Whelp apparently the plug in is broke and there's a lot more to that now then that used to be. Fucking bastards. Google it sometime though. You may find a solution. Looks sketchier than it used to though.

Sat Dec 10, 2016 10:47 am

Any VPN, commercial or not will do the trick. I think browser extensions such as Hola advertise themselves on this.

Sat Dec 10, 2016 10:53 am

I need to keep watching the Expanse...I watched a few episodes and thought it was pretty good, but it hasn't really grabbed me just yet. LOVE the books though.

Also, definitely check out Jessica Jones if you haven't yet.

Sat Dec 10, 2016 11:42 am

popvulture wrote:I need to keep watching the Expanse...I watched a few episodes and thought it was pretty good, but it hasn't really grabbed me just yet. LOVE the books though.

Also, definitely check out Jessica Jones if you haven't yet.

Watched Daredevil season one, Jessica Jones and Luke Cage. All great. Some reason I haven't gotten to Daredevil season two.

Need to finish up Penny Dreadful. I'm in season 2.

Also have a huge list of anime to watch. Sadly most not on Netflix. Some on Hulu.
Post a reply