The Netflix/Hulu/Prime Thread

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: The Netflix Thread

Postby jrfox92 » Sat Aug 19, 2017 12:20 am

Finished Defender.

It was pretty good but the end confused me.
Since I always forget:

Inconuucl wrote:You can't kill Strymon, it'll just resurrect 3 days later.

BitchPudding wrote:Despite all my rage, I am still just eating tacos in a cage.

Inconuucl wrote:Welcome to ilf, we have three jokes and twelve posters. <3
jrfox92

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Kacey Y » Sat Aug 19, 2017 12:31 am

jrfox92 wrote:Yeah, see, I can get over the morally complicated bit in most circumstances, but it really seemed like they're just beating you over the head with "she's a mom and now she don't know what to do cuz her kids don't need her so she's gonna have weird secret sex with a bartender then we're gonna make it seem like it's kinda okay because the dad left for eight months a few years ago but actually it's not okay because he's a good person and wants to be a good dad/husband so really she's kinda shitty if you think about it". :wha?:
Maybe if it was something that was done in a much more subtle fashion (you knew it was gonna happen eventually the instant she went into the bar :whateva: ) it would've gone over better in my view, but I still thing it's such an overdone trope that really only serves to be controversial and not much else.

If a Season 2 eventually arrives, it's gonna be that much more annoying because her infidelity is gonna be a force that pushes the entire plot of the show, and, to me, that's just lazy storytelling.

Yeah, I agree. I don't like that the direction they took it sort of necessitates it take over the entire plot in the future. Unless they just drop it or time jump to them being already divorced, which would be weird. I would be ok with just following the character of Sam and getting the effect of having a special needs kid on the rest of the family be background and b-plot, which some highlight episodes for each supporting character. I just got the feeling that the mom was supposed to be some kind of badass, when she just seemed like a toxic person to me. I'm a biased to noticing characters like that, because there's a lot of experience with toxic, perpetually self martyred parents between me and my wife lol.
Appalachian Queer Punk Moms Local 138
Kacey Y

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby ck3 » Sat Aug 19, 2017 9:16 pm

Space Precinct 2040 (Amazon Prime Video) is a cheesytastic hoot. It depicts the distant future as imagined through the lens of 1989 from the vantage point of 1994 with creature designs shamelessly borrowed from Star Wars, etc. and anachronisms aplenty. If nothing else, it has been an okay alternative to Fortitude. I can't wait until The Tick is released later this month.

Freaks and Geeks (Netflix) has also been a guilty pleasure as of late. I wasn't quite in kindergarten during the early 80's, but recall the majority of the music and fashion. All of the adolescent actors are probably in their 30's now.
ck3

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Gone Fission » Sun Aug 20, 2017 9:50 am

Re: The Defenders, I'm almost done binging. Danny becomes more palatable when at least one of the others is present (the talks with Luke are pretty fun), and Colleen remains a more compelling figure than Danny. How did I forget how much I liked Jessica?
D.o.S. wrote:Broadly speaking, if we at ILF are dropping 300 bucks on a pedal it probably sounds like an SNES holocaust.
friendship wrote:death to false bleep-blop
UglyCasanova wrote:brb gonna slap my dick on my stomp boxes
Gone Fission

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby $harkToootth » Sun Aug 20, 2017 12:32 pm

ck3 wrote:Space Precinct 2040 (Amazon Prime Video) is a cheesytastic hoot. It depicts the distant future as imagined through the lens of 1989 from the vantage point of 1994 with creature designs shamelessly borrowed from Star Wars, etc. and anachronisms aplenty. If nothing else, it has been an okay alternative to Fortitude. I can't wait until The Tick is released later this month.

That sounds right up my alley! Thank you for posting! I loved THE TICK pilot as well. I use Prime Streaming all the time.

Lately, I've been watching a lot off SHUDDER. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone unless you absolutely love exploitation and sleez like me. The only reason I got it was to watch FLYING LOTUS' movie and then I saw the total for the year after a free trial and was like 'Fuck it, cheap enough'. Re-watched CANNIBAL FEROX last night and it is still as shitty, stupid, yet oddly compelling (as many Italian Cannibal movies are) as I remember it. :picard:
"SWIPE LEFT ASSHOLE!" -retinal orbita
"Whatever ASSHOLE here’s my pedal that makes humpback whale noises and also it has a built in sequencer so stick it in your craw! -retinal orbita
"Patty Mullen takes me from a ball peen to a sledge" -The Great Velvet Hammer
"...at this exact moment Divine has learned of your jealous scheme from the local town gossip. She also has your address, ASS HOLE!" -Narrator (Mr. J) PINK FLAMINGOS
1 bird per post please
$harkToootth

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Invisible Man » Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:58 pm

I'm enjoying The Defenders as of episode three...getting together should have happened earlier, but...eh. I only have two gripes, which I will spend more time on than praise because I am a human being and human beings are shit:

1) I can't stand this 'I'm an ethereal immortal' affect. Thousand-yard stare, slow rate of speech, corny lines. Sigourney Weaver should fucken know better.
2) Danny Rand is a little bitch, and I kinda wish the Hand had killed him and taken his arm to use as a key (no idea if that would have worked). His main contribution is to quiver with rage and growl threatentingly while incapacitated. If you were so great, you wouldn't constantly be getting one-upped, you sniveling mooncalf.
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents.

https://soundcloud.com/invisible-man-music
https://bradromans.bandcamp.com/album/figures
Invisible Man

Zen of BILF
Zen of BILF

Postby oscillateur » Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:12 pm

Invisible Man wrote:2) Danny Rand is a little bitch, and I kinda wish the Hand had killed him and taken his arm to use as a key (no idea if that would have worked). His main contribution is to quiver with rage and growl threatentingly while incapacitated. If you were so great, you wouldn't constantly be getting one-upped, you sniveling mooncalf.

Yes. Very yes.
If the writers intended him to be such an annoying asshole then they succeeded but why would they want that ?
And if they didn't then urrrrr, some people should try to get another job.
oscillateur

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Kacey Y » Mon Aug 21, 2017 11:46 pm

I started watching The Defenders and then...I don't know. I guess I stopped, but I honestly can't remember.
Appalachian Queer Punk Moms Local 138
Kacey Y

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby MechaGodzilla » Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:25 pm

Invisible Man wrote:2) Danny Rand is a little bitch.

I just finished ep2 and I wish Luke had just pulled Danny's fucking head off before he could charge up his super meter enough and do the input for the handbulb punch

my goooddddd when did they forget how to pace these shows??? by the start of ep3 we know that
NSFW: show
elektra is back, she's friends with siggy and that she's doing the silent badass thing like darth maul
so why the FUCK did I just watch 13mins of ninja training???
MechaGodzilla

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby MechaGodzilla » Wed Aug 23, 2017 5:29 pm

NSFW: show
stick
remains my favourite character in the mcu
MechaGodzilla

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Iommic Pope » Thu Aug 24, 2017 7:10 pm

Danny is a lot easier to take in context with the others.
Plus they already established he's te eternal man-child in the Iron Fist series.
I think he may deliberately be a character that will not show growth until hes pushed to the brink.

I'm watchin ep4 now. The group dynamic is well done.
Matt is still my favourite.
And yes, Stick is badass.
WWPD?
fcknoise wrote:You are all fucking tryhard effort posting nerds

Invisible Man wrote:I'm probably the most humble person I know. I feel good about smelling my own butthole.

Jesus Was a Robot wrote:Did you just assume Billy Corgan's dildo preference??
Iommic Pope

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby MrNovember » Tue Aug 29, 2017 7:54 pm

So I'm a little late, but the Expanse is fucking awesome! :snax:
MrNovember

Modulae of BILF
Modulae of BILF

Postby samzadgan » Tue Aug 29, 2017 9:45 pm

Defenders is on the list...but I need to finish Grimm first...then watch Luke Cage...and Jessica Jones...then get on to Defenders...too much catching up to do!
AxAxSxS wrote:...if its a loud tube amp.... :doom:

Iommic Pope wrote:Amps first, makeup sex later.
samzadgan

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Iommic Pope » Tue Aug 29, 2017 10:54 pm

Watch Jess Jones first.
Shit makes more sense in order.

Also, Expanse is great.
Im hoping we get a new season down here soon.
WWPD?
fcknoise wrote:You are all fucking tryhard effort posting nerds

Invisible Man wrote:I'm probably the most humble person I know. I feel good about smelling my own butthole.

Jesus Was a Robot wrote:Did you just assume Billy Corgan's dildo preference??
Iommic Pope

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Gone Fission » Tue Aug 29, 2017 11:46 pm

Ozark was really fucking good.
D.o.S. wrote:Broadly speaking, if we at ILF are dropping 300 bucks on a pedal it probably sounds like an SNES holocaust.
friendship wrote:death to false bleep-blop
UglyCasanova wrote:brb gonna slap my dick on my stomp boxes
Gone Fission

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion