The Netflix/Hulu/Prime Thread

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: The Netflix/Hulu/Prime Thread

Postby Kacey Y » Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:21 am

I watched the first episode of Altered Carbon with my wife. I had already added it to my queue and then she heard something about it and wanted to watch it. I dunno if it was just because it was late and we were both tired, but our impression of it was both sort of "Eh...ok". It's a sci-fi thing of a particular style. I kind of felt like I was ahead of the story while watching it. Not ahead of the characters, ahead of the show. Which I don't particularly like, because it makes me feel like the people making it were really impressed with what they did, then never thought about it after that. A lot of the plot felt like it happened because it needed to happen for the story and not because it made sense for anyone to be doing what they were. I will probably get around to watching more of it sometime soon, I'm open to having my mind changed about it.
Appalachian Queer Punk Moms Local 138
Kacey Y

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby behndy » Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:34 pm

it's not the BEST, and i do feel they let the source down as butts, but yeah. it gets better. i liked some of the characters as it progressed.
Eric! wrote:YOU'RE like having two pedals in one
with your...momentary fuck switch and all..

theactionindex wrote:QUADRACOCK BEHNDERFUCK

music, videos, in progress - http://www.youtube.com/c/behndy

okay, Plan B - PANICImage
behndy

Supporter
Supporter

Postby calfzilla » Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:46 pm

Finally finished the first two episodes of Altered Carbon... I'll probably watch to see more hookers.

Oh yeah, Big Mouth is hilarious.
I, myself, am a shit post
calfzilla

experienced
experienced

Postby coldbrightsunlight » Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:03 pm

calfzilla wrote:Oh yeah, Big Mouth is hilarious.

Yeah I watched the first 3 episodes last weekend, unexpectedly absolutely loved it. :lol:
füzz lover. Friend. Quilter evangelist.

I make music sometimes:

https://nitrx.bandcamp.com/

https://mediocrisy.bandcamp.com/

https://fleshcouch.bandcamp.com
coldbrightsunlight

Supporter
Supporter

Postby jrfox92 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:27 pm

behndy wrote:it's not the BEST, and i do feel they let the source down as butts, but yeah. it gets better. i liked some of the characters as it progressed.

Yeah, I'd say it really starts going about half-way through the season.
Since I always forget:

Inconuucl wrote:You can't kill Strymon, it'll just resurrect 3 days later.

BitchPudding wrote:Despite all my rage, I am still just eating tacos in a cage.

Inconuucl wrote:Welcome to ilf, we have three jokes and twelve posters. <3
jrfox92

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby MrNovember » Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:24 pm

I just finished Altered Carbon. It was alright. Not bad, but not great. I agree with Corey some of the plot felt way too manufactured and not quite natural. Some of the deus ex machina moments were a little too much for me. I also kind of wish the pace was a bit slower and focused a little more on the world (I was kind of hoping for Blade Runner the TV show...) But still, overall I enjoyed it.

Also, just starting Dark finally. How did you guys watch it? My Netflix defaulted to English subs, but I think I'd rather watch the original German with subtitles?
MrNovember

Modulae of BILF
Modulae of BILF

Postby oscillateur » Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:56 pm

MrNovember wrote:Also, just starting Dark finally. How did you guys watch it? My Netflix defaulted to English subs, but I think I'd rather watch the original German with subtitles?

German with subtitles. I haven't watched a dubbed version of anything in probably decades now...
oscillateur

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby The Eristic » Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:44 pm

Animal Rescue wrote:About halfway through and it's an awesome show. Very complex story with great production values. Same as you, took a couple episodes but hooked now. Berlin in '29 was definitely a partying town.

Finished River on Netflix. British miniseries about a detective who sees and talks to "ghosts". Way better than it sounds. Freaking hilarious when he's speaking to ghosts in public and you see it from the public's eyes ... this detective freaking out screaming at a wall. Needless to say he ends up at a shrink.

I *loved* River. It was not what I expected at all and was really emotionally impactful.
Check out my live guitar streams @ http://www.twitch.tv/the_eristic!
The Eristic

experienced
experienced

Postby jrfox92 » Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:43 am

Yeah, River was great.
I wish it lasted more than a Season, though. It was kinda like a UK version of Perception.
Since I always forget:

Inconuucl wrote:You can't kill Strymon, it'll just resurrect 3 days later.

BitchPudding wrote:Despite all my rage, I am still just eating tacos in a cage.

Inconuucl wrote:Welcome to ilf, we have three jokes and twelve posters. <3
jrfox92

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby BetterOffShred » Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:50 am

Well I watched the first bit of Altered Carbon today during soldering iron time .. and I really enjoyed it. I like that it's just straight up violence and tits and cursing .. you know like I'm 14 again. The story seems interesting enough and I really like that main actor dude.. he was Robocop in the new one.. and in the Killing.. can't remember his name, I'm a dick.

I'll watch the rest for sure :)
BetterOffShred

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby MrNovember » Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:49 am

oscillateur wrote:
MrNovember wrote:Also, just starting Dark finally. How did you guys watch it? My Netflix defaulted to English subs, but I think I'd rather watch the original German with subtitles?

German with subtitles. I haven't watched a dubbed version of anything in probably decades now...

Yeah after watching the first 10 minutes or so with dubs and then switching over to subtitles, I can definitely say subtitles are just better. Dubs are just wrong. It's like watching a movie where the audio doesn't sync to the video. The soundtrack has been amazing so far
MrNovember

Modulae of BILF
Modulae of BILF

Postby oscillateur » Thu Feb 15, 2018 3:24 am

Yeah, the soundtrack for Dark is one of the best I've heard in a movie or series. Ben Frost's compositions are excellent and the use of all the other music is basically perfect. The opening music is also wonderful...
oscillateur

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby calfzilla » Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:40 am

Sooooo Eli Roth felt his 2002 directing debut (Cabin Fever) deserved a remake? WTF? Deja Vu the whole damn time...
I, myself, am a shit post
calfzilla

experienced
experienced

Postby comesect2.0 » Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:45 am

Is south park not as popular as it used to be? Stumbled apon free seasons on some site.. havent watched it in 3 yrs or so..been checking out the new episodes lately and I haven't laughed like this in a while.
comesect2.0

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby MrNovember » Thu Feb 15, 2018 5:25 pm

So Dark is amazing. I'm about 4 episodes in now. It does have a bit of a Stranger Things vibe but much darker. The soundtrack is amazing. I love the song at the start and the song during the credits.
MrNovember

Modulae of BILF
Modulae of BILF

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion