· Gen · Guit · · Bldrs · B/S/T ·

Switch to full style
General discussion at the Wang Bar.
Post a reply

Re: Worst Holidays, Ranked

Wed Oct 31, 2018 1:11 pm

Bassist_Diver wrote:
We've had Christmas shit out for 3 weeks now. Get your commercialized holly-jolly garbage out of my spookies! #MakeChristmasPaganAgain

speaking as a small biz online retailer that has to procure things from US factories and overseas; Xmas starts early because factories give you a window, not a specific arrival date + the online shopping w/shipping season is six to seven weeks.
people comparison shop for two weeks
then it's a frenzy for three weeks where you make 60% of your total yearly revenue, no joke
then it's two weeks of customer service hell where things get returned, people test your reserve, you bend over backwards and still get shit on in social media
then it's a few days of FUCK IT, trying to price everything at or under cost to get those last few pennies profit with expedited shipping losses
then online retail drops through the floor from about Dec 19th on, depending on what day of the week Xmas falls on.

If you don't get near your sales plan, you are gone because everyone goes right back to Amazon and Wal-mart.

Wed Oct 31, 2018 1:46 pm

Might as well just leave it out and have a Christmas 2 in mid June or something.

Wed Oct 31, 2018 1:54 pm

BetterOffShred wrote:Might as well just leave it out and have a Christmas 2 in mid June or something.

Close. It's called Mother's Day.

Wed Oct 31, 2018 1:58 pm

BetterOffShred wrote:Now international talk like a pirate day, legit!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sF-sQa_TVR8

Chankgeez wrote:Why don't we have a holiday commemorating Seward's Folly? :snax:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d6ouUie_Ac8

Sonaboy wrote:frenzy for three weeks
a few days of FUCK IT
you are gone

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mtf6TKifYHU

Wed Oct 31, 2018 1:59 pm

I don't like Thanksgiving. I don't like turkey or cranberry sauce or greenbeans or creamed onions. I kinda like stuffing but not really. The holiday is stuffy in itself. Christmas is ok if you insulate yourself from popular culture/TV/media.

Wed Oct 31, 2018 4:49 pm

Sonaboy wrote:
Bassist_Diver wrote:
We've had Christmas shit out for 3 weeks now. Get your commercialized holly-jolly garbage out of my spookies! #MakeChristmasPaganAgain

speaking as a small biz online retailer that has to procure things from US factories and overseas; Xmas starts early because factories give you a window, not a specific arrival date + the online shopping w/shipping season is six to seven weeks.
people comparison shop for two weeks
then it's a frenzy for three weeks where you make 60% of your total yearly revenue, no joke
then it's two weeks of customer service hell where things get returned, people test your reserve, you bend over backwards and still get shit on in social media
then it's a few days of FUCK IT, trying to price everything at or under cost to get those last few pennies profit with expedited shipping losses
then online retail drops through the floor from about Dec 19th on, depending on what day of the week Xmas falls on.

If you don't get near your sales plan, you are gone because everyone goes right back to Amazon and Wal-mart.

Dude, your explanation of small biz retail hell is just brutal. Sucks to go through that on a yearly basis. Not sure you want to post it on ILF but most of us will be Christmas shipping anyway, you should toss up some links gain some ILF biz.

Wed Oct 31, 2018 4:54 pm

May have said this before, but I flipping love turkey!
I think people who don't like turkey haven't had good turkey.

Wed Oct 31, 2018 5:27 pm

hbombgraphics wrote:

Dude, your explanation of small biz retail hell is just brutal. Sucks to go through that on a yearly basis. Not sure you want to post it on ILF but most of us will be Christmas shipping anyway, you should toss up some links gain some ILF biz.

Oh, I don't sell music gear. I sell baby clothes and toys. :thumb:

Wed Oct 31, 2018 7:11 pm

same thing imho

Wed Oct 31, 2018 7:21 pm

coupleonapkins wrote:
Chankgeez wrote:Why don't we have a holiday commemorating Seward's Folly? :snax:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d6ouUie_Ac8

I heard Boxhead Ensemble perform this live while projecting the film. :lol:

Wed Oct 31, 2018 9:13 pm

Sonaboy wrote:
hbombgraphics wrote:

Oh, I don't sell music gear. I sell baby clothes and toys. :thumb:

some of us has kids

Wed Oct 31, 2018 9:14 pm

The girls in accounting put up decorations in the entry of our building... Thanksgiving decorations... Who puts up thanksgiving decorations on Halloween?

Wed Oct 31, 2018 9:34 pm

Apparently accounting girls. :love:

Wed Oct 31, 2018 9:54 pm

Blackened Soul wrote:The girls in accounting put up decorations in the entry of our building... Thanksgiving decorations... Who puts up thanksgiving decorations on Halloween?

Middle-aged moms in the burbs?

Thu Nov 01, 2018 8:35 am

BetterOffShred wrote:Apparently accounting girls. :love:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Our inside accountants are both Chinese, so they don't really celebrate american holidays. I did get moon cakes a while back though which was cool.
Post a reply