Worst Holidays, Ranked

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: Worst Holidays, Ranked

Postby D.o.S. » Wed Nov 23, 2016 6:13 pm

Eivind August wrote:
goroth wrote:Father's Day and Mother's Day are fucking stupid.

Get better kids?

:lol: I fucking died.
NSFW: show
for easy reference:

good deals are here.
escapecraft is here.
Achtane wrote:
comesect2.0 wrote:Michael Jackson king tut little Richard in your butt.

IT'S THE ENNNND OF THE WORRRLD AS WE KNOW IT
D.o.S.

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby D.o.S. » Wed Nov 23, 2016 6:14 pm

But it's worth noting that I hate Thanksgiving because A) it's passively celebrating genocide and B) it's a food-centric holiday with fucking terrible food.

Also weddings are a ton of fun. Free booze! Friends! Hooking up with bridesmaids! The only time I wear my one suit ever! Literally no downside.
for easy reference:

good deals are here.
escapecraft is here.
Achtane wrote:

D.o.S.

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Eivind August » Wed Nov 23, 2016 6:18 pm

But wait, Turkey is awesome? Do you want to come over for new years and taste the fucking delicious turkey I'm cooking? :poke:
https://irerror.bandcamp.com/

friendship wrote:You motherfuckers think I won't fuck up a couple octoroks and assemble the Triforce?

Deals:
succor, UncleBBQ, jerms, marco.desan, jwar, robapov, Tom Dalton, Gigahearts_FX, frigid midget, K2000, Tristan, untilshewokeme, backwardsvoyager, Strange Tales, brandsmannen, Ugly Casanova, goroth, Abanoise, Casavettes, multi_s, oldangelmidnight, Jero, Inconuucl, Dungus, christianatl, doralin, Wittgenstein, worra, D.o.S, rfurtkamp, blankfield, sillyfabe
Eivind August

HERO
HERO

Postby Eivind August » Wed Nov 23, 2016 6:19 pm

And yes, I just spelt turkey with a capital T, and no. No.

friendship wrote:You motherfuckers think I won't fuck up a couple octoroks and assemble the Triforce?

Deals:
succor, UncleBBQ, jerms, marco.desan, jwar, robapov, Tom Dalton, Gigahearts_FX, frigid midget, K2000, Tristan, untilshewokeme, backwardsvoyager, Strange Tales, brandsmannen, Ugly Casanova, goroth, Abanoise, Casavettes, multi_s, oldangelmidnight, Jero, Inconuucl, Dungus, christianatl, doralin, Wittgenstein, worra, D.o.S, rfurtkamp, blankfield, sillyfabe
Eivind August

HERO
HERO

Postby D.o.S. » Wed Nov 23, 2016 6:21 pm

Turkey, the bird, is kind of bleh.

And I would love to come over for New Years but I've already got plans (read: prior financial obligations), unfortunately.
for easy reference:

good deals are here.
escapecraft is here.
Achtane wrote:

D.o.S.

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby UglyCasanova » Wed Nov 23, 2016 6:30 pm

Great:
Christmas (that shit's cosy as fuck as a tradition, despite religion being what it is)
Halloween (dress up as stuff? fuck yeah!)

Terrible:
The rest of them

The worst:
New Years. Such a stupid premise. Mistakes are made.
:facepalm:
UglyCasanova

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Eivind August » Wed Nov 23, 2016 6:38 pm

NOOOO, new years is the one time of the year that we just get drunk because we took another turn around the sun. It's the ULTIMATE DRINKING GAME.

And D.o.S, turkey is great, obviously your family does not know how to cook/get bad turkey. Duck is better, though. Any of you guys wanna celebrate Ducksgiving? I cook a meeeeaaaaan fucking duck.

Deals:
Eivind August

HERO
HERO

Postby Disarm D'arcy » Wed Nov 23, 2016 6:46 pm

Yeah if I managed to convince my closed ones to do Xmas like you do UC, I'd enjoy it. It seems that we will skip the larger family reunions for the second time this year and it makes the process much more tolerable. Otherwise I guess it gets stressy with organizing gifts/food/travel. And there's always a weird moment with a family member you're not too found of to dread.

My previous comments were more on a macro/societal point of view. I've been blessed enough to not feel particularly excluded (I had my parents around at the age it's mandatory to craft gifts and stuff), but I can't help but think that many must feel shitty when crafting a pasta jewelry box for a deceased mother or that the kid won't know which dad to give it to.
Holidays, religious or not, allow a certain form of cultural intrusion into the private life of others. You assume they're the same as you and practice the same rituals. And I think that more often than not, it can hurt. Have the rituals you want in private, craft your own (for exemple when I was a kid we had Friday night pizza, or we would celebrate the end of school by staying up late for a movie night) and remain excellent to your fellow humans but not being too in your face about what you embrace and what you don't?

Also, roasted birds, no matter the occasion are unimpeachable. Duck > Turkey > Chicken > other meats.
Good deals: OsbornKT, Phantasmagorovich, UglyCasanova, DarkAxel, Skip, D.o.S, ColdBrightSunlight, Eivind August, Goroth

http://instagram.com/disarmdarcy
http://youtube.com/channel/UCkZCZc7w0QdhKnsrEenyGRg
http://barragemusic.eu/

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Disarm D'arcy

Supporter
Supporter

Postby D.o.S. » Wed Nov 23, 2016 6:52 pm

Pretty sure eating birds is not so good. It is the opposite of New Years, which is (as noted) rad: Let's get hammered because one day is over and we have a different numeral on our calendars. One of the best holidays, IMO.
for easy reference:

good deals are here.
escapecraft is here.
Achtane wrote:

D.o.S.

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Eivind August » Wed Nov 23, 2016 6:55 pm

Yeah, but DUCKSGIVING 2017.

Deals:
Eivind August

HERO
HERO

Postby Blackened Soul » Wed Nov 23, 2016 6:58 pm

I hate most things that are things that are expected of you because.

I am not a big fan of thanksgiving and xmas because of the imposed religious via the government, same with easter. Valentine's day for me will always be off putting because of grade school and the ways schools and mainstream culture kind'a force everyone to play along which for me always made it creepy. I'm not saying it isn't nice to try and have every one to be nice to each other but a forced thing isn't real, if you need a day of time of year to not be an asshole and to think of others maybe you need to take a look at yourself. Also fuck the 4th of July, celebrating with fireworks and barbecues the victory of one group of rich assholes over another and calling it freedom is insulting. Also I think we need more actual holidays you know you don't have to go to work on, we need more of those... so fuck black friday it's just a exercise in mass insanity.
http://koorikuma.bandcamp.com/
look, it's not me, it's you, it's all you
Blackened Soul

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby D.o.S. » Wed Nov 23, 2016 6:59 pm

Eivind August wrote:Yeah, but DUCKSGIVING 2017.

Yeah I can get behind this.

Blackened Soul wrote:fuck black friday

and weekly multicultural relations holidays ftw.
for easy reference:

good deals are here.
escapecraft is here.
Achtane wrote:

D.o.S.

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Disarm D'arcy » Wed Nov 23, 2016 7:00 pm

@Eivind: The south-west Frenchie in me feels aroused by your love of duck. If you ever make your way down there, I'll treat you to mother's home recipe foie gras. :drool:

@BlackenedSoul: I like you.
Good deals: OsbornKT, Phantasmagorovich, UglyCasanova, DarkAxel, Skip, D.o.S, ColdBrightSunlight, Eivind August, Goroth

http://instagram.com/disarmdarcy
http://youtube.com/channel/UCkZCZc7w0QdhKnsrEenyGRg
http://barragemusic.eu/

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Disarm D'arcy

Supporter
Supporter

Postby UglyCasanova » Wed Nov 23, 2016 7:44 pm

Eivind August wrote:NOOOO, new years is the one time of the year that we just get drunk because we took another turn around the sun. It's the ULTIMATE DRINKING GAME.

The astronomy part is cool and all, but I don't care much for being drunk or being around drunk people in general (exceptions exist). Resolutions are lame. Fireworks are overrated. I tend to watch a movie, read a book or play music/videogames when the clock strikes midnight on new years eve. But then again, I'm not big on birthdays either. Celebrating the passing of time seems counterintuitive somehow. :lol:

HATE :zen:
UglyCasanova

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Ugly Nora » Wed Nov 23, 2016 7:54 pm

D.o.S. wrote:But it's worth noting that I hate Thanksgiving because A) it's passively celebrating genocide

If you live in America or buy any American products or consume any American culture, you are actively celebrating/benefiting from that genocide every other day of the year. No need to hate on Thanksgiving. Relax and enjoy the day off. :joy:
Ugly Nora

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion