Worst Holidays, Ranked

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: Worst Holidays, Ranked

Postby actual » Wed Nov 22, 2017 5:59 pm

hbombgraphics wrote:
actual wrote:So, my main grief with the Ramadhan is when children and young adolescents are forced to partake. Not eating right can cause major mood swings and inability to concentrate, memorize and learn properly, so school is rendered useless for some.

How often does that happen? Seem to be exceptions in place for people that can't physically handle fasting.

Depends on how strict the parents follow the religion of course, but I went to a school with 92% immigrants or bilingual kids and it was an issue at times.
Mixing and mastering? Makeshift Audio
actual

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby hbombgraphics » Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:01 pm

actual wrote:
hbombgraphics wrote:
actual wrote:So, my main grief with the Ramadhan is when children and young adolescents are forced to partake. Not eating right can cause major mood swings and inability to concentrate, memorize and learn properly, so school is rendered useless for some.

How often does that happen? Seem to be exceptions in place for people that can't physically handle fasting.

Depends on how strict the parents follow the religion of course, but I went to a school with 92% immigrants or bilingual kids and it was an issue at times.

That sucks, hate when kids are born into a religion and then have to suffer.
Gunner Recall wrote:This thread is bad and everyone in it should feel bad.

Iommic Pope wrote:This thread is mediocre at best, but I encourage everyone posting in it to feel as awesome as possible.

https://soundcloud.com/hbombgraphics
hbombgraphics

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby actual » Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:03 pm

Yup.
My father wanted me to become a muslim when I was around 10. Didn't want that at all.
actual

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby gnomethrone » Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:08 pm

hbombgraphics wrote:Best plan so far is coffee and bourbon in my contigo

This is the best plan for a lot of situations. When life gives you lemons, make irish coffee.
good dealings here:
NSFW: show
Ancient Astronaught, fuzzlord!, onyxrhino, lordgalvar, JoeTheStache, kbit, BoatRich, oscillateur, grindonomicon, doommeow, fever606, Bearstripes, Casavettes, Faldoe, jellyfishfuzz, morange, Teej212, MEC, ianmarks, JWAR, Raj007
gnomethrone

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Ugly Nora » Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:53 pm

Last edited by Ugly Nora on Sat Dec 21, 2019 3:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Ugly Nora

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Ugly Nora » Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:57 pm

Last edited by Ugly Nora on Sat Dec 21, 2019 3:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ugly Nora

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby BitchPudding » Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:10 pm

I want to like Halloween, but ever since I hit my 20's I stared having seasonal depression right on Halloween. Effectively ruined the holiday for me. :( IDK, maybe next year I need to be the one at home with the candy, so at least I can be away from people.
ummohyeah wrote:Godspeed rule and no amount of tape would make their pedalboards safe from my cum.

ImageImageImage
YO YO ITS YA BOI
The Eville Experience: http://www.rosegonzalesmusic.com/the-eville-experience
Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/artist/10Qbd3gcYrfIyZ89HCArCt?si=4KZfzqj5Qiq-rG0xFPjckA
BitchPudding

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Olin » Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:12 pm

hbombgraphics wrote:

I lived in Malaysia for a bit and this was enforced on everyone. It seemed to be kids past 8-10 were included. Foreigners weren't supposed to be, but I got stopped by police and threatened if they saw me again. I was out buying kfc for my Muslim friends because they said no one would serve them. It was questionable.
neonblack wrote:Do you ever just sit back and take a good look at yourself and realize all your riffs are shit and you're a garbage musician?

https://barewireson.bandcamp.com/album/off-black
Olin

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby actual » Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:32 pm

How many places have you lived man? And wtf were you doing in Malaysia? :whoa:
actual

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Olin » Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:39 pm

actual wrote:How many places have you lived man? And wtf were you doing in Malaysia? :whoa:

A few, mostly hanging out. Taught English for a bit while I was studying but my MIGHTY ENGLISH POUND went a long way so I didn't need to do much. It's apparently gotten much, much more conservative now what with all the church burnings and crusade against atheism etc.
neonblack wrote:Do you ever just sit back and take a good look at yourself and realize all your riffs are shit and you're a garbage musician?

https://barewireson.bandcamp.com/album/off-black
Olin

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby actual » Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:48 pm

Crazy.
actual

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby The Eristic » Thu Nov 23, 2017 2:07 am

Ideological underpinnings and whitewashed history aside, Thanksgiving used to be great. All my elderly relatives from the mountains would prepare so much amazing food they'd grown/raised/preserved themselves over the year, and while the conversation tended to be dull for a kid, it was earnest and kind. They're all dead now, and that sort of sincere tradition is gone. I'll probably wind up eating at the shittiest Steak 'n Shake in the country yet again because cooking anything is apparently not worth the effort and they'll all fuck off to look at Christmas lights at the mall.

(Valentine's Day is still worse because I always forget it's a thing and can't get a table for one *anywhere* when I go out for dinner.)
Check out my live guitar streams @ http://www.twitch.tv/the_eristic!
The Eristic

experienced
experienced

Postby D.o.S. » Thu Nov 23, 2017 6:31 am

Ugly Nora wrote:
D.o.S. wrote:
Ugly Nora wrote:
D.o.S. wrote:
Ugly Nora wrote:Not sure if you already covered this in a subsequent post, but what are your thoughts on/ranking of Ramadan?

Quick take: Worse than Halloween, better than Thanksgiving.

Ok but can you be funny and give us the long take?

Long take!

Pros: It's a month long, where you're expected to generally be a good person and give a lot to charity. A month of encouragement towards the betterment of man is probably better than not doing that!

Cons: It's a month long stint where, according to Wikipedia, you have to abstain from smoking, sex, drinking, and eating From Dawn To Dusk (presumably practitioners all head to Mexico to turn into lusty sinfilled vampires inside the Titty Twister after dark). All of this sounds like a lot of work, and is not really "Festive" in terms of heavy drinking and secular celebration, so I can't really rank it alongside the various pseduo-pagan or Hallmark holidays very easily.

I guess that's kinda funny, but not as funny as I was hoping.

V :no: V
good deals are here.
escapecraft is here.
UglyCasanova wrote: It's not the expensive programs you use, it's the way you click and drag.

Achtane wrote:
comesect2.0 wrote:Michael Jackson king tut little Richard in your butt.

IT'S THE ENNNND OF THE WORRRLD AS WE KNOW IT
D.o.S.

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Lurker13 » Thu Nov 23, 2017 10:29 am

The Eristic wrote:Ideological underpinnings and whitewashed history aside, Thanksgiving used to be great. All my elderly relatives from the mountains would prepare so much amazing food they'd grown/raised/preserved themselves over the year, and while the conversation tended to be dull for a kid, it was earnest and kind. They're all dead now, and that sort of sincere tradition is gone. I'll probably wind up eating at the shittiest Steak 'n Shake in the country yet again because cooking anything is apparently not worth the effort and they'll all fuck off to look at Christmas lights at the mall.

(Valentine's Day is still worse because I always forget it's a thing and can't get a table for one *anywhere* when I go out for dinner.)

Reading about your past Thanksgivings really made me happy, because that is what Thanksgiving should be. I'm sorry you will be eating alone this year, I remember how much it sucks. Hang in there. :hug:

My family was kind of like TE's, except for the homegrown part. Sometimes I think we've brainwashed ourselves into having bad holiday dinners by being inundated with movies and tv shows about them. Unfortunately, it's become a winning formula for holiday entertainment.
coldbrightsunlight wrote:Hey man, you can do what you want in this den of shame.
Lurker13

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Achtane » Thu Nov 23, 2017 3:32 pm

Achtane, even though you've worked in bakeries for, sadly, 4 years now, and have been doing this every single day, I JUST CAN'T RELINQUISH CONTROL OVER THESE ROLLS WE HAVE TO MAKE THEM ACCORDING TO GRANDMA'S OVERCOMPLICATED AND PEDANTIC RECIPE

IT WON'T TURN OUT UNLESS THE YEAST IS EXACTLY 112 DEGREES AND YOU PRAY TO THE MOON THREE TIMES BEFORE IT COOLS TO 111, THE HOLIEST OF BAKING NUMBERS

ARE YOU SURE? MAYBE IT'S TOO HOT. I KNOW THE YEAST ISN'T DOING ANYTHING AT ALL, BUT MAYBE A LITTLE WHILE LONG--
OH. WELL OK. IT'S LIKE CEMENT BUT I'M AFRAID TO ADD ANY MORE FLOU--
HUH. OK. BUT NOW WE HAVE TO COVER IT JUST LIKE THIS
DON'T TOUCH IT
I HOPE IT ISN'T TOO WARM
DOES IT LOOK LIKE IT'S RISING TOO MUCH? IS IT GONNA SPILL OVER? OH GOD I'VE RUINED IT HAVEN'T I
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Louy7zH9guw
sonidero wrote:Roll a plus 13 for fire and with my immunity to wack I dodge the cough and pass a turn to chill and look at these rocks...

kbithecrowing wrote:Making out with my girl friday night, I couldn't stop thinking about flangers.

Achtane

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion