Thinking playing in a band again after half a decade of not

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: Thinking playing in a band again after half a decade of

Postby Eivind August » Tue Nov 22, 2016 1:36 pm

D.o.S. wrote:
Iommic Pope wrote:
Eivind August wrote:
Iommic Pope wrote:Are they an Elven Goth Sage?
I'm pretty much not starting a band until I can find one.

DUDE! :hello: You play doomy riffs, I play broken-Nintendo-solos?

I want to get set up for recording sometime within the next 6 months, so Internet band?
I would be all about a bleak Zelda/Final Fantasy soundtrack.

:!!!:
https://irerror.bandcamp.com/

friendship wrote:You motherfuckers think I won't fuck up a couple octoroks and assemble the Triforce?

Deals:
NSFW: show
succor, UncleBBQ, jerms, marco.desan, jwar, robapov, Tom Dalton, Gigahearts_FX, frigid midget, K2000, Tristan, untilshewokeme, backwardsvoyager, Strange Tales, brandsmannen, Ugly Casanova, goroth, Abanoise, Casavettes, multi_s, oldangelmidnight, Jero, Inconuucl, Dungus, christianatl, doralin, Wittgenstein, worra, D.o.S, rfurtkamp, blankfield, sillyfabe
Eivind August

HERO
HERO

Postby Disarm D'arcy » Tue Nov 22, 2016 1:55 pm

Disarm D'arcy wrote:I have a lead on a cool new bandmate :!!!: We've exchanged emails and things looked good so we're meeting this week to discuss things further.

We're meeting Thursday. :cool:

To give you guys a little more detail, he's primarily a saxophone and bass player who started playing with synth too. He has a main project like I do, in the form of a duet and they're making electronic music. He's got cool gear from what he listed (Microkorg, Novation Bass Station...). He sent some music from his main projet so he clearly is creative, it sounds cool and it's actual music that you can listen to, not shitty demos of boring poorly composed and executed songs. It seems he sees the process similarly as well, the point being to get in a room, make music together, see what happens, keep what is cool, trash what we don't like, rinse and repeat until satisfied. Outside of music, the age gap is non existent, he's okay with renting a space and splitting the cost, and okay with the1 session every 2 weeks thing.

On paper it's cool, just have to see if we gel I guess. :snax:
Good deals: OsbornKT, Phantasmagorovich, UglyCasanova, DarkAxel, Skip, D.o.S, ColdBrightSunlight, Eivind August, Goroth

https://linktr.ee/disarmdarcy

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Disarm D'arcy

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Iommic Pope » Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:22 pm

Dude, he sounds like a natural ILFer.
Well done.
WWPD?
fcknoise wrote:You are all fucking tryhard effort posting nerds

Invisible Man wrote:I'm probably the most humble person I know. I feel good about smelling my own butthole.

Jesus Was a Robot wrote:Did you just assume Billy Corgan's dildo preference??
Iommic Pope

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Disarm D'arcy » Thu Nov 24, 2016 12:24 pm

Had a pleasant drink with new bandmate today. Seems like a cool guy. We're trying it out in a few weeks :!!!:
Good deals: OsbornKT, Phantasmagorovich, UglyCasanova, DarkAxel, Skip, D.o.S, ColdBrightSunlight, Eivind August, Goroth

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Disarm D'arcy

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Disarm D'arcy » Mon Dec 19, 2016 8:17 am

Trying it out tomorrow. :zen:

Disarm D'arcy

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Iommic Pope » Mon Dec 19, 2016 8:49 am

:thumb:
WWPD?
fcknoise wrote:You are all fucking tryhard effort posting nerds

Invisible Man wrote:I'm probably the most humble person I know. I feel good about smelling my own butthole.

Jesus Was a Robot wrote:Did you just assume Billy Corgan's dildo preference??
Iommic Pope

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby odontophobia » Mon Dec 19, 2016 9:15 am

Disarm D'arcy wrote:Trying it out tomorrow. :zen:

Good luck dude. Hope everything goes well and that this works out for you.
odontophobia

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Invisible Man » Mon Dec 19, 2016 10:34 am

Bring a condom.
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents.

https://soundcloud.com/invisible-man-music
https://bradromans.bandcamp.com/album/figures
Invisible Man

Zen of BILF
Zen of BILF

Postby Disarm D'arcy » Mon Dec 19, 2016 11:59 am

Yeah. Never know when you might need emergency waterproofing.

Disarm D'arcy

Supporter
Supporter

Postby comesect2.0 » Fri Dec 23, 2016 2:54 am

last time I played in a rehearsal rented room was in san antonio...the place was old as can be all black with padded walls like an insane asylum in the movies, ...& covers are lame when your trying out with some new folk and they start up with some radio crap and you improvise.. awkward...or best one, you try out with some new people.. you never met.. and every ones snorting coke with amps cranked to where its just vibrations and impossible to distinguish what the hell is going on. much better when i was sitting in a little smoke filled room mixing/recording/printing/sending my own stuff out to radio stations and small record stores...which worked so good like a magikcurse. Its nice now though to take it easy and just have religious experiences by yourself playing for yourself....but its been so long i'd like to do somthing/record somthing "serious" ...goodluck D!
comesect2.0

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby PeteeBee » Fri Dec 23, 2016 11:23 pm

Disarm D'arcy wrote:Trying it out tomorrow. :zen:

How did it go? Hopefully a grand time was had?
Iommic Pope wrote:This is the best you've been.
Suffering suits you.

BitchPudding wrote:Let this be written in our history as proof that ILoveFuzz is one tight knit internet family.
PeteeBee

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby PeteeBee » Sun Jul 23, 2017 3:08 am

Bumping this up because I have my first jam in too long. I mean, it hasn't even been a year but it feels like forever. Im real excited about the group of people, everyone is real nice and will jive. Only weird thing is the other guitar player doesn't use any effects. I'm a little confused by it tbh. I'm hoping it works out that we both do pretty different stuff, but we will see!
Iommic Pope wrote:This is the best you've been.
Suffering suits you.

BitchPudding wrote:Let this be written in our history as proof that ILoveFuzz is one tight knit internet family.
PeteeBee

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Disarm D'arcy » Sun Jul 23, 2017 4:35 am

No way to know without trying :thumb:

Disarm D'arcy

Supporter
Supporter

Postby JereFuzz » Wed Aug 02, 2017 8:09 pm

Disarm D'arcy wrote:Hey guys,

It's been a few days now that I've been thinking about starting a band. I love what we do with my main projet but I guess I'd like to spend more time making music and also maybe use this as an opportunity to go out of my comfort zone and meeting new people and stuff.

I've looked at ads and everything seems meeeeeeeeeeh. So if I want to pull this off, I'm gonna have to go from scratch.

What do I have to consider? What am I getting into? What are the logistics of creating and operating a band these days? What are your tips for cheap rehearsal spaces and stuff?

I remember the good old days of trying to recruit a certain number of musicians and bringing them into a place that was also hard to book which never amounted to much music making because well people will be flakes especially around age 15, but I'm hoping I could make it work out in the adult world. What are your horror stories of bands gone nightmarishly wrong?

TELL ME. :excellent:

Some storage companies will let you jam in their units ...
“We learn from history that we do not learn from history.”
― Georg Wilhelm Friedrich Hegel
JereFuzz

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby JereFuzz » Wed Aug 02, 2017 8:19 pm

Get a drum machine for your drummer. I read the first drummer for Iha and Corgan was a machine! And I read somewhere that Corgan used a dm later in his career. Bassist/Guitarist/Drum Machine ... A power 2.5uo ...
“We learn from history that we do not learn from history.”
― Georg Wilhelm Friedrich Hegel
JereFuzz

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion