· Gen · Guit · · Bldrs · B/S/T ·

Switch to full style
General discussion at the Wang Bar.
Post a reply

Re: ILF Secret Santa 2016

Thu Dec 29, 2016 1:26 pm

Strange Tales wrote:I don't remember us being secretive with neonblack about it last year, but maybe I'm misremembering. Only Drod was with his (admittedly) very awesome gift idea.

We were not secretive the year before with jwar.

Thu Dec 29, 2016 1:27 pm

Yeah, but how could you possibly hide a boner that huge?

Thu Dec 29, 2016 1:28 pm

Haha no don't worry about it it was always only going to be the most open secret ever if everyone used spoiler tags constantly. I just thought it was funny to start it off that way. As long as the present itself is kept a surprise :joy:

Thu Dec 29, 2016 1:42 pm

Also China Miéville is the shit, and I'm going to hunt down The City & The City soon.

Thu Dec 29, 2016 2:18 pm

D.o.S. wrote:Also China Miéville is the shit, and I'm going to hunt down The City & The City soon.

Fuck yes. I have a copy of The City and The City I can send to you if you'd like. I am currently readying The Last Days of New Paris and like it even better. Incredible writer...

Thu Dec 29, 2016 2:30 pm

Yeah I'm in the midst of New Paris too. Very rad book.

PM'ing you about TC&TC :)

Thu Dec 29, 2016 3:29 pm

:hug:
:hug: :hug:
:hug: :hug: :hug: :love: :snax: :idk:
:hug: :hug:
:hug:

You guys all made this thing go so well. It's been so dramatic to see all the behind-the-scenes stuff.

I'll stay out of the NSFW zone. :)*

I spent some time last night rereading back through the thread. If you've got a couple of hours to kill, it's a really neat way to see the forethought and the joy coming together.
I was mostly making notes about who shared the opening of their gifts. Anyone who hasn't posted, I'll send out an email maybe after new year.

Thu Dec 29, 2016 10:02 pm

Ugh. It's been another great ILFSS for me, and feel like a heel for not being able to post sooner.

Before even seeing the address on the box, it was the regular complaints about how his mark didn't post very often made me KNOW Popvulture was going to be my Satan.

PV - while I didn't open open everything until the 24th, I had cracked open the box the day or so after it arrived.

So I saw some of the edible gifts and started making guesses on what was wrapped - two possible guesses for the larger box, 3 for the smaller.

My hopes (and fears) were answered!!!

BoredBrain Patchulator! I've been lusting for one since day one and it's the kind of utility doodad I rarely pickup. Awesome. Adding to the awesome - DOD Meatbox!!! The only one of the DOD so-called noise boxes I'd never owned back in the day and that I've been eyefucking ever since news of the RI leaked.

( Of course, a retailer made me an offer I couldn't refuse on Black Friday and I picked one up. Knowing me I'll end up running both on the same board. I've done two feedback loops, two Ineko’s, two SAS’s - maybe 2017 is the year of dual Meatbox?! )

Huck and Rosie dig their gifts - H is already beating the hell out of the green mouse. Icing on the Yule log - the German pink garage noise comp. Mrs Satan and I had just been talking about her irrational socio-hereditary psychosomatic reactions to the sound of the German language - so this was a well timed laugh. And knowing me I'll be on a hot sauce kick next week - I always am after a trip to Montreal, so looking forward to trying out what's in the bottles.

All props and love to Popvulture for the swag, jrfox92 for the fun of having someone to buy for, Scott @ MTL.ASM for the sexy seasonal custom work, Oldangelmidnight for making sure the sausage got made, and everyone that took part in making ILFSS one of the best parts of the capitalist season - and the entire damn year.

Thu Dec 29, 2016 10:40 pm

I'm happy to see all the hot sauce going around. Dual Meatbox needs to happen.

Thu Dec 29, 2016 10:40 pm

Hey Louise! I want to see that skull!
aens_wife wrote:I promise I'll post a pic of my haul tomorrow! I got two amazing pedals and a few other rad gifts in there, including a skull (which is the fucking coolest).

Hey Space6oy!
nieh wrote:
jrfox92 wrote:Image

Thu Dec 29, 2016 10:43 pm

Tristan wrote:I don't think I ever posted a picture on this here website, how do you do that?

I typically upload to Flickr then use the direct image link from the download page.

Fri Dec 30, 2016 9:23 am

China Mieville! Patchulator! Wonderful gifts keep pouring in.

And yours will, too sweet Santee. I am happy to report the three-tiered unpacking-experience I packed for you
has become unstuck from Germany and is now in transit to your country.
Albeit at a pace that makes me wonder if Kevin Costner himself is delivering that thing :lol:

I'm not sure how secret I still am at this point, but I'm clearly still satan :animal:
so let'S not worry, let patience flow through us & celebrate the love that is this thread!
To help with that, here'S a version of Oh How Joyful i did with my son like 8 years ago:

https://soundcloud.com/malutki/oh-du-frohliche

IMG_0951.jpg
none of my relatives ever commented for some reason
IMG_0951.jpg (236.42 KiB) Viewed 2064 times

Fri Dec 30, 2016 10:18 am

Glad you dug the stuff, Doommeow! Also love seeing the cat having fun getting into it :love:

I did notice your post about picking up a Meatbox during Black Friday right after I sent the box. No big deal—I was kinda afraid someone was going to get me an AD4096 because I had it in my sig for a while, but couldn't resist picking one up when Eivind tipped me off on a deal for a good one :D . Anyway, I say DOUBLE MEAT ADVENTURE! Or certainly don't feel bad about flipping it...

And yep, that East German comp is really cool and fucking weird in the best way. All made on pretty primitive / lofi gear. Reverb, hiss, yay. :!!!:

Fri Dec 30, 2016 8:07 pm

ThurberMingus wrote:Sharing my photos on mobile has become such a chore, but here's a linky:

https://instagram.com/p/BOis4_Fjx61/

xrleroyx (I presume?) you killed it man! The Acapulco Gold is such a cool pedal and one I probably never would have picked out myself. It's so good! Now I just want to tune my guitar down to dirty drop A and doom out! The licorice is soo good and the scarf has successfully kept my face warm on my walks to work. Now I just need a CD player and a coffee grinder...

Glad you like it. The A.C is just such a dope pedal. I'm glad you like it. I never wouldve bought it myself either, but I'm glad I did.

Totes followed you on instagram by the way.

Sat Dec 31, 2016 2:12 pm

been back from holidays since yesterday and finally opened my ilfss mail, power is out at my apt is seems since returning which has made pictures a bit difficult.

imagine: many delicious cookies and home baked goods (many = 3 or 4 tupperwares fl, mega), many interesting looking books, a nice card and apparently i will get one of the next round of lightning wave pedals which i am super stoked for, they look dope.

thank you ss down under!

ps. to my ss i also got the "hint post cards" , but actually they arrived after the gift box (:
Post a reply