ILF Secret Santa 2016

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: ILF Secret Santa 2016

Postby CyaNitrate » Sun Sep 04, 2016 10:04 pm

In! I am excite.
jwar wrote:BRO! There is only one order! Bass>fuzz>fuzz>fuzz>fuzz>overdriven amp. :)

goroth wrote:Come up here and fuzz party. Yes. Fuzz party. It is a legit verb.
CyaNitrate

experienced
experienced

Postby JonnyAngle » Sun Sep 04, 2016 10:24 pm

DRodriguez wrote:
D.o.S. wrote:Like you IIRC.

I think active participation is more important than post count.

Aye, that's why I'm making note of it and encouraging it again. Maybe lenient was the wrong word choice to make that clear though. :idk:
We're on the same page though :hug:

Yeah I got denied last year.

I'm kinda glad I was because I'm way more prepped this year
JonnyAngle

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Jwar » Sun Sep 04, 2016 10:33 pm

I agree with the active participation part as well. Post counts don't matter for shit usually.
"I do not have the ability to think rationally 90% of the time and I also change my mind at the drop of a hat".

-JWAR :)
Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Postby Iommic Pope » Sun Sep 04, 2016 10:37 pm

oldangelmidnight wrote:Way to blow the secret, D.o.S.
Rule #1: All participants must secrete Satan. Those without Satanic glands must provide medical documentation.

I believe I've passed the physical.

Don't know how I'm going to top my effort last year but, I'm keen to give it a burl.

Let's finalise this list so I can stalk a motherfucker.
WWPD?
fcknoise wrote:You are all fucking tryhard effort posting nerds

Invisible Man wrote:I'm probably the most humble person I know. I feel good about smelling my own butthole.

Jesus Was a Robot wrote:Did you just assume Billy Corgan's dildo preference??
Iommic Pope

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby foomanfat » Sun Sep 04, 2016 10:44 pm

Definitely in, this year.
Hey! Let's talk about serious thing. We're gonna talk about guitar, dude.
daseb wrote:sorry dude, I apologise, val kilmer was a great songwriter and truly understood the mystic ways of the native american.
foomanfat

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby goroth » Mon Sep 05, 2016 6:00 am

OAM you rule hard.
:hug:

I shall attempt to top last year.
I may fail a little.
But still.
Topping shall be attempted.

Did anyone flake or was their any bullshit from last year that we could like... learn from... this year?

I'm interested in Johnny's take on this, but I voluntarily sat out my first year here as I kind of wanted to do a good job and didn't really know what was expected. And you involuntarily sat out, but are psyched for this year. Instead of post counts is it worth considering a) active user. and b) not first Christmas?
I'm aware that requirement a is potentially synonymous with worms in a can.

But I do wish to reiterate that ILFSS has been run so fricking well previously I see no real need to change anything.
ALLisNOISE wrote:you can dial in some wonderfully smeared 12bit cascades of cicadas leveling a hail of rockets against an army of rusty box fans!

Latest album out on all streaming services and bandcamp and what not.
Spotify /// Apple Music
My band /// Instagram ///Bandcamp ///
goroth

HERO
HERO

Postby Iommic Pope » Mon Sep 05, 2016 6:26 am

:thumb:

Yeah, I'm glad I jumped in last year, shit was tight.
Neon killed it.

Lessons from last year: If you get involved in a three way love triangle, MAKE IT SEXY.
Seriously, it's a great way to get to know more ILFers.
THREE WAY BOND YO.

But, I think one of us had a problem with postage and shit going missing (goosekevin? Was that your package for Brandsmannen?)

ALSO: employ a local builder/DIY type.
Kaos did a rad job last year and although he's MIA (hope you're OK mate) he, and heaps of other dudes are an excellent resource.
Like, there is almost ZERO reason not to get your Satanic in-house.

My 2c. :snax:
WWPD?
fcknoise wrote:You are all fucking tryhard effort posting nerds

Invisible Man wrote:I'm probably the most humble person I know. I feel good about smelling my own butthole.

Jesus Was a Robot wrote:Did you just assume Billy Corgan's dildo preference??
Iommic Pope

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby resincum » Mon Sep 05, 2016 10:02 am

:hello:
i'm glad i can call you a friend. even if i'll never see you again
resincum

Supporter
Supporter

Postby JonnyAngle » Mon Sep 05, 2016 10:37 am

goroth wrote:Image

OAM you rule hard.
:hug:

I shall attempt to top last year.
I may fail a little.
But still.
Topping shall be attempted.

Did anyone flake or was their any bullshit from last year that we could like... learn from... this year?

I'm interested in Johnny's take on this, but I voluntarily sat out my first year here as I kind of wanted to do a good job and didn't really know what was expected. And you involuntarily sat out, but are psyched for this year. Instead of post counts is it worth considering a) active user. and b) not first Christmas?
I'm aware that requirement a is potentially synonymous with worms in a can.

But I do wish to reiterate that ILFSS has been run so fricking well previously I see no real need to change anything.

I think it's best to watch the first Christmas. Post count should be set at 500. Even if you're a lurker and just get active, there's no history to search for deeeep stalking, ya know?

I watched last years Saran live and it was still cool to watch. I'm glad I did because I feel like I know more of what is expected. Also I feel like I'm more of a member of the community than last year. If you're too new, you're not going to receive a great gift either and you'll prob fuck up the giving portion.
JonnyAngle

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby D.o.S. » Mon Sep 05, 2016 10:38 am

Alternatively it sucks having to stalk someone that doesn't post actively (although I got theactionindex last year and that was a lot of fun)
good deals are here.
escapecraft is here.
UglyCasanova wrote: It's not the expensive programs you use, it's the way you click and drag.

Achtane wrote:
comesect2.0 wrote:Michael Jackson king tut little Richard in your butt.

IT'S THE ENNNND OF THE WORRRLD AS WE KNOW IT
D.o.S.

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby JonnyAngle » Mon Sep 05, 2016 10:42 am

As far as the new vs used thing goes, I say used should be just fine. I'd rather get a better used pedal than a worse new pedal. I realize everyone's budget is different, so the new requirement seems unnecessary.

Also, this isn't TGP, so do we really need the newness sparkle?

OTOH, I think people need to use their best judgment. The SRV looking pedal is probably kind of rude to get someone when you could have spent $15 more to get one in better condition. Unless their Satan likes that stuff
JonnyAngle

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby JonnyAngle » Mon Sep 05, 2016 10:43 am

D.o.S. wrote:Alternatively it sucks having to stalk someone that doesn't post actively (although I got theactionindex last year and that was a lot of fun)

I agree with this too
JonnyAngle

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby crochambeau » Mon Sep 05, 2016 10:50 am

D.o.S. wrote:Alternatively it sucks having to stalk someone that doesn't post actively

I just scrolled a few pages of my own posting history and concluded I would be a terribly obtuse individual to shop for. Satan secretion.
I've got to get off my ass and bring to reality that what has been quoted through existence.

Rochambeau Musical Apparatus
Reverb storefront
Shark Tank
crochambeau

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby rustywire » Mon Sep 05, 2016 10:53 am

I try to gift what I think will be useful, enjoyable, unexpected...no less than 2 outta 3.
I also enjoy leading friends & fam to my fav watering holes, to see if they'll drink. No pressure.
Additionally getting the right gift can necessitate secondhand shopping. Other times it means regifting something you already own.
However I'm not about to dump a bunch of *my taste* on someone and say "that's that"

Agreed w/Jonny w/r/t use your best judgement
[B/S/T shoutouts] Shortlist: Hollow Earth|Ct5|856|Condor|Thermae|OP-1|half track reel2reel|Prophet6 ... :whoa:
rfurtkamp wrote:The only transparent thing I own is a set of drinking glasses.
rustywire

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby D.o.S. » Mon Sep 05, 2016 10:57 am

Yeah I mean you want to grab something that your stalkee will like, which may overlap with your tastes but it may not (I bought TAI a record, for example, and I definitely would not have spent money to own it personally). Used/New is a nonstarter within reason: No one is going to give a shit that something's used if you give them something that's rad/hard to come by, but, like, a used DS-1 is a little/lot lame.

crochambeau wrote:
D.o.S. wrote:Alternatively it sucks having to stalk someone that doesn't post actively

I just scrolled a few pages of my own posting history and concluded I would be a terribly obtuse individual to shop for. Satan secretion.

But you have a shark tank, etc. That's stalkable stuff. You can get a read on what you like from your post history, I think. I remember Schlatte stalked me in '14 and was like "dude you never post about gear I had no idea what to do except you like muffs" and he fucking killed it.
good deals are here.
escapecraft is here.
UglyCasanova wrote: It's not the expensive programs you use, it's the way you click and drag.

Achtane wrote:
comesect2.0 wrote:Michael Jackson king tut little Richard in your butt.

IT'S THE ENNNND OF THE WORRRLD AS WE KNOW IT
D.o.S.

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion