Brush with the law thread

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: Brush with the law thread

Postby jrfox92 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:41 pm

Those are definitely the best cop stories.
Every time I deal with shit like that, it seems that the cops have completely left town. :whateva:
Since I always forget:

Inconuucl wrote:You can't kill Strymon, it'll just resurrect 3 days later.

BitchPudding wrote:Despite all my rage, I am still just eating tacos in a cage.

Inconuucl wrote:Welcome to ilf, we have three jokes and twelve posters. <3
jrfox92

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby jrfox92 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:41 pm

Those are definitely the best cop stories.
Every time I deal with shit like that, it seems that the cops have completely left town. :whateva:
Since I always forget:

jrfox92

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby fcknoise » Tue Dec 05, 2017 5:47 pm

$harkToootth wrote:Not that exciting but, until recently, I held the superlative for having "never been pulled over" by a police officer . I pride myself on being a really safe and defensive driver...(I mean, I speed like everyone else but when I drive, I am so focused on avoiding death at all costs.)
...that said...for the once a week I actually have to go to my office I make an illegal U-Turn coming off a highway exit into town. I have been doing this for years because my office is in Newark, NJ and the police have MUCH more important things to worry about than pull over people making minor traffic violations. Well the other day, I make my illegal uturn and an NJ State Trooper is a couple cars behind me. I just know...his siren lights aren't even on yet and I start to pull over. The lights go on. He pulls up beside me, I already have my window lowered.

The office actually looked like a more muscular version of me (same haircut and facial mannerisms) and he gave me the smiling, chin down "...dude..." look I give people when I'm a little irritated but still good-humored. All I say is, "I know, I'm sorry" and he drives off. I was/am grateful I didn't a get a ticket of fined.

Part of me thinks there was a breach in a parallel universe where I became a police office and he came to warn me for my out of character instances of haphazard driving (this is clearly the most logical explanation). I since adjusted my course and it added a whole 55 seconds to my trip.

haha first time I ever drove in the US I got pulled over actually. ran a stop sign

u guyses have too many stop signs im being honest
Cydonia wrote: Too bad no one here is interested in talking about "gear"

BossMann73 wrote:I didn't insult it......I "curated" a "different aesthetic.".

DRodriguez wrote:All pedalboards are beer themed if you gig enough.

Drones/noises: http://www.soundcloud.com/fcknoise
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/fcknoise/
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCp8cSA ... BCtQ8M56hg

fuck pink floyd anyway

Also, you may still call me Brands
fcknoise

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby waltdogg » Tue Dec 05, 2017 6:07 pm

somehow got a $260 ticket from the local transit agency even though i was parked in what was for all intents and purposes a legal space
D.o.S. wrote:Why do people eat steak that shit is gross

behndy wrote:lol. she thinks Brazil is wayyyy too unsafe. but i got PLANS.

MechaGodzilla wrote:man, fuck those big neutrik plugs
waltdogg

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby fcknoise » Tue Dec 05, 2017 6:17 pm

waltdogg wrote:somehow got a $260 ticket from the local transit agency even though i was parked in what was for all intents and purposes a legal space

maybe the police officer person just hated u
Cydonia wrote: Too bad no one here is interested in talking about "gear"

BossMann73 wrote:I didn't insult it......I "curated" a "different aesthetic.".

DRodriguez wrote:All pedalboards are beer themed if you gig enough.

Drones/noises: http://www.soundcloud.com/fcknoise
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/fcknoise/
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCp8cSA ... BCtQ8M56hg

fuck pink floyd anyway

Also, you may still call me Brands
fcknoise

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby waltdogg » Tue Dec 05, 2017 6:25 pm

there were two other cars in the spaces ahead of me that were ticketed too. so wtf. maybe they just needed to make a quota. the ticket is damn near illegible

waltdogg

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby BetterOffShred » Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:32 pm

That's full on balls man. I'm sorry.

I got a red light camera ticket.. but I was pretty sure it was bullshit, went to the website and watched the video clip.. Yeah I stop. So now I have to contest it and go through the hassle. Fuck
BetterOffShred

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby vidret » Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:30 pm

BetterOffShred wrote:That's full on balls man. I'm sorry.

I got a red light camera ticket.. but I was pretty sure it was bullshit, went to the website and watched the video clip.. Yeah I stop. So now I have to contest it and go through the hassle. Fuck

what? that's insane. what a fucking waste of time for everyone involved :/
vidret

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby BetterOffShred » Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:41 pm

Red light camera tickets are the birth of skynet man. They say an actual traffic officer examines each one, but obviously not. I just get really freaked out when I see stuff like this becoming automated. I saw a police cruiser going through a grocery store parking lot the other day with the license plate scanners hanging off the side, scanning for warrants. It's just a slippery slope you know? Get people used to a robot sending you tickets and it won't be such an outrage when the police-bots come the fuck in and retina scan everyone like in minority report. It's not even like the automated tickets are making the streets safer, it's just a straight up money extraction device.
BetterOffShred

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby codetocontra » Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:12 am

You forgot to mention how people are paying money for products that are essentially wiretapping their own homes. Have we learned nothing from science fiction? :facepalm:
codetocontra

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Achtane » Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:41 pm

In August I got hit by a speed trap in Bluff City, Tennessee. Which is not a city, but a shitty little town of 1000; it's only a city in that area if there are at least three dollar stores and I only spotted one.

Anyway, the speed limit on the highway was 55, and it suddenly dropped down to 45 for about a mile. I didn't see any signs posted otherwise, but the crazy bright UFO abduction light hit me at 10 PM going 60 in a 45.

A month later I got a ticket in the mail amounting to $50. If I wanted to contest it, I'd have to show up in person, and if it was upheld they'd fine me an extra $100.
I googled it and found an article written by the state representative of TN explaining that the speed trap tickets are total bullshit, won't harm your credit or record and can't result in collections coming after you, so his advice was to throw it away. There was a video showing him burning one.

So I tossed it. In September I got a "delinquent notice" and it's been silent since.

Fuck you, Bluff Shitty.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Louy7zH9guw
sonidero wrote:Roll a plus 13 for fire and with my immunity to wack I dodge the cough and pass a turn to chill and look at these rocks...

kbithecrowing wrote:Making out with my girl friday night, I couldn't stop thinking about flangers.

Dr. Sherman Sticks M.D. wrote:Und jetzt lass uns ein paar Bäume abfackeln und Beats machen!

Achtane

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Achtane » Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:45 pm

The town has a police department.[10] On January 1, 2010 the department installed a speed camera on US Highway 11E that reportedly issued 1,662 tickets in its first six months. The town splits the revenue with the operator of the camera.[11] In 2014, the town expected to gain less than $100,000 from the cameras.[12] However the town's budget for FY 2017 reports expected "Speed Cameras" revenue of $600,000. This represents the largest single income line item for the city at 35% of total operating revenue.

In 2010, Gray City Tennessee resident Brian McCrary bought the former police department website after police failed to renew it. He used it to post information about fighting camera tickets. Police, lacking education on website matters, assumed they had been hacked. Negotiations to regain control of the domain name were unsuccessful.

:lol:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Louy7zH9guw
sonidero wrote:Roll a plus 13 for fire and with my immunity to wack I dodge the cough and pass a turn to chill and look at these rocks...

kbithecrowing wrote:Making out with my girl friday night, I couldn't stop thinking about flangers.

Dr. Sherman Sticks M.D. wrote:Und jetzt lass uns ein paar Bäume abfackeln und Beats machen!

Achtane

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby BetterOffShred » Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:51 pm

Yeah camera tickets are actually pretty shady the more you look into them. Some states have really robust laws and they can bend you over pretty hard. In Washington they don't take a picture of the drivers face so you just send in an affidavit saying you weren't driving. And yeah, they are a parking ticket here basically and they can't even go after your credit. They can however prevent you from renewing your tabs.

My ticket is actually in my ex wife's name because she hasn't transferred the title to me yet. So technically she wasn't driving so she mailed the affidavit off. Hopefully that will be sufficient and I won't have to pay.

I read a bunch of studies where it's shown they don't help reduce traffic accidents, actually increase rear end accidents and that some cities actually reduce the yellow time on lights that have them to bump up infractions. Totally bananas.
BetterOffShred

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby jrfox92 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:42 pm

I'm so glad they don't exist where I live.
Back in Plano, shit was crazy.
I saw plenty of accidents caused by those cameras.
Since I always forget:

jrfox92

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby waltdogg » Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:11 pm

if your face is blurred, if any part of the photo is doctored, for anonymity of the passengers, etc. fight it. as evidence it is inadmissible because it has been edited/altered in some way the court can’t use it against you. and then you say it wasn’t you driving.

waltdogg

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion