Brush with the law thread

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Brush with the law thread

Postby TraceItalian » Fri Aug 19, 2016 10:02 pm

Today two cars pulled across the yard of my workplace, barely skirting the pole and the wires enough to actually see contact sparks, instead of doing anything with the color, make, and license plates I gave them, the sheriff gave me hell for having a pint of whiskey under the desk for my weekly drink with a friend. What about y'all? Any fun brushes with the law lately?
TraceItalian

committed
committed

Re: Brush with the law thread

Postby Chankgeez » Fri Aug 19, 2016 10:14 pm

Do you live in Hazzard County?
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby TraceItalian » Fri Aug 19, 2016 10:21 pm

Worse, I don't get to drive a badass car.
TraceItalian

committed
committed

Postby Chankgeez » Fri Aug 19, 2016 10:56 pm

:lol:

I will have to think about some of my brushes with the law. I must have had some, but I can't remember any offhand. :idk:
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby Hyphen Nation » Fri Aug 19, 2016 11:03 pm

TraceItalian wrote:Today two cars pulled across the yard of my workplace, barely skirting the pole and the wires enough to actually see contact sparks, instead of doing anything with the color, make, and license plates I gave them, the sheriff gave me hell for having a pint of whiskey under the desk for my weekly drink with a friend. What about y'all? Any fun brushes with the law lately?

Wait, why would this be a problem? I have no less than three bottles of whiskey on my desk.
Hyphen Nation

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Jwar » Sat Aug 20, 2016 7:30 pm

Which brush with the law would you like? :)

I've had several but not for years, and years.

The worst one was when I got pulled over for cutting off a cop when I was 17. I had two ounces of weed on me, a loaded pipe that we had just hit and about 60 pills in baggies that I was going to be selling. It was also 2 am, and I'd been doing coke the entire night...

So I cut the cop off and got pulled over. The smelled the weed, pulled my buddy and I out of the car, hand cuffed us and searched the car. They of course found everything. They read us our rights and stuck us in the back of separate cars. The cops asked both of us separately who's stuff it was and we both tried to claim it, which ended up saving our asses. One cop called the other over with my buddy and they asked us while we were together and we still both tried to claim the stuff. They said that that never happens and we both seem like good guys so they are going to let us go with a ticket. My buddy ended up taking the ticket and the cops even gave me back the pills because I told them they were prescription meds, which they were, but I was going to sell them. We left and it was over. I don't even know how long I would have been sitting in jail for that shit. I know I would have been charged with intent to sell and one of the meds was an amphetamine, soooooooooooo...probably would have been there a long fucking time.

Another time I got pulled over in Lawrence, KS for a sobriety check. I was 18 I believe and I had been drinking. I had tequila, and some beers, I wasn't piss drunk, but I wasn't sober. The offer asked me if I'd been drinking and I said yes. He asked me how many and I said I had two beers officer. He asked me to get out of my car, I did and was given a sobriety test. At this time I'd already done them several times, so I knew the drill. I got threw it no issues. He let me go. BUT! A friend of mine had an open container in the car and the cop gave him a fucking ticket! hahahahaha!

So I'm a lucky fucker. I've got many, many others.
"I do not have the ability to think rationally 90% of the time and I also change my mind at the drop of a hat".

-JWAR :)
Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Postby JonnyAngle » Sun Aug 21, 2016 11:36 am

My initial thought was, " I haven't had that many."
I can think of 6 times that I was busted
JonnyAngle

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Chankgeez » Sun Aug 21, 2016 1:14 pm

#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby rustywire » Sun Aug 21, 2016 2:10 pm

Basically my 17th-18th years. I aint gonna spoil the stories here cept for 1 which actually happened at 19, after those fast years.

Had just left a house party with 2 friends in their hometown, about 10 min away from where I lived & grew up. Was about to light up a doob as I stepped into the street & peripherally saw the blue & white car come into view about 4 houses down the block.
Stepped across the street to the adjacent yard & low key threw the J, quick grabbed a cig & lit that as I dropped my lighter on purpose and walked back into view to pick it up. Cop pulls up and questions us, looks around, finds the J and I'm thinking FUUUUUU. "What's this?"
As this is happening, 2 squad cars are rolling down the block, some dude who was at the shindig (likely durnk) tries to do a casual K-turn in a neighboring driveway and winds up backing into the lead vehicle. Cop looks over his shoulder, looks at us, and with a smirk says "have a safe evening" then walks over to the scene of the accident.
Commence /dippin :whoa:
[B/S/T shoutouts] Shortlist: Hollow Earth|Ct5|856|Condor|Thermae|OP-1|half track reel2reel|Prophet6 ... :whoa:
rfurtkamp wrote:The only transparent thing I own is a set of drinking glasses.
rustywire

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Disarm D'arcy » Sun Aug 21, 2016 3:03 pm

Flagged for my entertainment. Law enforcement and I have been chill.
Good deals: OsbornKT, Phantasmagorovich, UglyCasanova, DarkAxel, Skip, D.o.S, ColdBrightSunlight, Eivind August, Goroth

https://linktr.ee/disarmdarcy

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Disarm D'arcy

Supporter
Supporter

Postby lost in music » Sun Aug 21, 2016 3:24 pm

My friend Jeremy had a college buddy coming into town - in the middle of grad school for astronomy at a prestigious university - and we all dropped acid in the middle of the night and drove out to a reservoir way out in the sticks. It was a perfect setting and we'd been there 100 times before. We roll up to the parking lot, get out of the car and we all spark cigarettes. It was the beginning to a peaceful night and the doses were just starting to kick in. *VWOOP VWOOP* We're standing there in the flashing lights. We are fucked. The cop asks us what we're doing there and Jeremy launches into the most wholesome sounding bullshit about how we were just out there because it was the best place around for skywatching at night, we had this really smart friend here from out of town. A real smart friend who (like me) was trying to deal with an acid trip that had just been given a shot of adrenaline and could barely fucking mumble a word. Like there were huge paisley dragons coming off the cop car lights for me. Somehow Jeremy managed to keep up his "just a couple of schoolboys" routine despite all this. We didn't smell like weed or booze. So the cop let us go, warning us to stay away from the reservoir at night because "gang members were stealing cars and going for joyrides and dumping them in the reservoir" and rolled off. We take a second, look around, and Jer says "my acid turned off for a few minutes there, but it REALLY kicked back in right now and one of you guys should probably drive."

That was one of the good times, at least.
This is a very impressive collection of Roto Toms. That's 21 Roto Toms in all. That is only $33.00 a Roto Tom.
lost in music

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Location: Sorry but you cannot use search at this time. Please try again in a few minutes.

Postby gnomethrone » Sun Aug 21, 2016 9:56 pm

I've had lots of dumb ones, but one pretty fun situation was at the first place I moved into as a teenager. Sketchy a-frame shack surrounded by chain link and razorwire fences in the mountains north of San Diego. There's a border patrol checkpoint on the freeway on the northern edge of the county where everybody has to stop so they can they harass people with the wrong complexion, look for drugs, etc. I lived off the last exit before this so sometimes another checkpoint would be setup on my street like right in front of my trashy compound to try and get people who attempted to go around the main one. The neat part was they weren't allowed to bother folks who lived in the little town. So me and my gf would roll up to the checkpoint in my chevy el camino, they would eye us up, their search dogs would get whiff of us and start barking, the stooge behind his mirrored aviators would ask "AND WHERE ARE YOU HEADED TODAY?"

and I would smile a big stoney grin and just point at my residence. Pure satisfaction every time.
good dealings here:
NSFW: show
Ancient Astronaught, fuzzlord!, onyxrhino, lordgalvar, JoeTheStache, kbit, BoatRich, oscillateur, grindonomicon, doommeow, fever606, Bearstripes, Casavettes, Faldoe, jellyfishfuzz, morange, Teej212, MEC, ianmarks, JWAR, Raj007
gnomethrone

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Invisible Man » Mon Aug 22, 2016 7:09 pm

So much dumb stuff. Literally fled the country once to avoid a false felony charge; lived in Taiwan for a while.

Worth noting that I have never done a drug or had a drink in my life.
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents.

https://soundcloud.com/invisible-man-music
https://bradromans.bandcamp.com/album/figures
Invisible Man

Zen of BILF
Zen of BILF

Postby D.o.S. » Mon Aug 22, 2016 8:18 pm

That's because you went to Taiwan instead of Thailand, bro.
good deals are here.
escapecraft is here.
UglyCasanova wrote: It's not the expensive programs you use, it's the way you click and drag.

Achtane wrote:
comesect2.0 wrote:Michael Jackson king tut little Richard in your butt.

IT'S THE ENNNND OF THE WORRRLD AS WE KNOW IT
D.o.S.

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby fcknoise » Tue Aug 23, 2016 8:08 am

Just a few weeks ago I drove for the first time in the US and I rolled through a stop sign and got pulled over. I expected the police dude to shoot me but it was chill. Didn't even get a fine
Cydonia wrote: Too bad no one here is interested in talking about "gear"

BossMann73 wrote:I didn't insult it......I "curated" a "different aesthetic.".

John wrote:I love how this forum has the GDP of Switzerland in pedals but the collective value of everyone's patch cables is less than the change in my couch cushions. And I don't have a couch.

Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/sharkmovieappriciator
Bandcamp: https://fcknoise.bandcamp.com/
fcknoise

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Next

Return to General Discussion