Stranger Things

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: Stranger Things

Postby BetterOffShred » Tue Oct 31, 2017 12:16 am

Bassist_Diver wrote:Finished it yesterday. Overall extremely good except for Episode 7 - I get the point of it but it was obviously a bottle episode and a backdoor pilot to a series I hope doesn't come into fruition. Obviously not as good as season 1 but most things aren't.

NSFW: show
"So Jonathan, how was the pull-out?"

Faldoe wrote:I think it was pretty damn good. Had just rewatched Season 1 with my gf prior to this and I think 2 holds up well. The ending is a little vague/ didn’t leave too much in terms of what could be the basis for the next season. There is supposed to be 4 seasons, right?

Correct - the Duffer brothers said they have the story's skeleton completed and want to get to the end in 4 seasons. As for the ending....

SPOILER : show
... the idea is that Eleven/Jane just CLOSED the gate, which cut off the Mind Flayer's connection to the DemoDogs, hence why they all dropped dead when the deed was done. However, at the end you can see that the MF is still alive and keeping an eye on the kids/Eleven to plan for a future potential attack in S3/4.

Also, Netflix and the Duffer Bros said S3 probably won't come out until 2019, so look for the gang to be entering high school in the mid-80s, AKA the release of this overplayed piece:

Yeah episode 7 sucked ass. I hated it honestly. The rest was cool though.
BetterOffShred

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby PanicProne » Tue Oct 31, 2017 8:59 am

Agree on episode 7. Absolutely useless and very shallow/thin. Simply a waste of time.
PanicProne

experienced
experienced

Postby resincum » Tue Oct 31, 2017 10:09 am

that. waz. AWESOME. the only thing that bugged me
was when they were running out of the hospital with bob and everyone gets away except the doctor?? (and bob) and the next time they showed him he was on the stairs wounded. not a big deal but I was like ????

coolest thing about watching this is my partner has professed her love of synthesizers :love: we've been talking about them a lot, I'm going to get her a m32 for xmas :rock: beautiful thing about it is I get to play with it too muahah
i'm glad i can call you a friend. even if i'll never see you again
resincum

Supporter
Supporter

Postby MrNovember » Tue Oct 31, 2017 11:52 am

Ducking spoilers! Not you guys, you're good at hiding things behind NSFW or spoiler tags, but I've seen three articles posted by various news agencies/online magazine companies that literally had spoilers in the captions and titles. WTF
MrNovember

Modulae of BILF
Modulae of BILF

Postby weebles » Tue Oct 31, 2017 4:03 pm

Not really a spoiler but...
Episode 7 has left a bad taste in my mouth for the season as a whole - not because of what it was attempting to do, but because of how incredibly poorly it was done. Reminded me of the Alf episode from Mr Robot.

Also, my new found love for Steve is almost barely enough to cover for how much I grew to dislike Mike’s character over the course of the season.
weebles

experienced
experienced

Postby jrfox92 » Tue Oct 31, 2017 4:25 pm

I didn't mind E7. I didn't hate it, didn't love it. Granted, punk 11 is probably the main reason I didn't hate it :idk: .

Steve's still a bitch, he's not as much of a dick as before, but I think most of that is based on him getting rejected by Nancy, so.
Since I always forget:

Inconuucl wrote:You can't kill Strymon, it'll just resurrect 3 days later.

BitchPudding wrote:Despite all my rage, I am still just eating tacos in a cage.

Inconuucl wrote:Welcome to ilf, we have three jokes and twelve posters. <3
jrfox92

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby resincum » Tue Oct 31, 2017 5:08 pm

did anyone else notice the sexual tension between billy and steve
i'm glad i can call you a friend. even if i'll never see you again
resincum

Supporter
Supporter

Postby futuresailors » Tue Oct 31, 2017 5:26 pm

#TeamSteve

Also, Billie,
Tom Dalton wrote:You're a dumbass for making this thread to begin with. :hello:

magiclawnchair wrote:fuck that bitter old man

smile_man wrote:
ifeellikeatourist wrote:Pedals aren't everything, yada, yada, yeah I know.

fuck you.

McSpunckle wrote:I ctrl+f'd mountain goats and decided we aren't friends anymore.
futuresailors

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby jrfox92 » Tue Oct 31, 2017 5:27 pm

futuresailors wrote:#TeamSteve

Also, Billie,

Based on what his dad said, everyone else probably does too.
Since I always forget:

Inconuucl wrote:You can't kill Strymon, it'll just resurrect 3 days later.

BitchPudding wrote:Despite all my rage, I am still just eating tacos in a cage.

Inconuucl wrote:Welcome to ilf, we have three jokes and twelve posters. <3
jrfox92

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby $harkToootth » Tue Oct 31, 2017 5:46 pm

I got my friend very upset when I asked her if the kids had a gang bang like in the book IT.
"SWIPE LEFT ASSHOLE!" -retinal orbita
"Whatever ASSHOLE here’s my pedal that makes humpback whale noises and also it has a built in sequencer so stick it in your craw! -retinal orbita
"Patty Mullen takes me from a ball peen to a sledge" -The Great Velvet Hammer
"...at this exact moment Divine has learned of your jealous scheme from the local town gossip. She also has your address, ASS HOLE!" -Narrator (Mr. J) PINK FLAMINGOS
1 bird per post please
$harkToootth

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Bassist_Diver » Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:44 pm

jrfox92 wrote:
Watching Beyond Stranger Things and it's so funny because Jim is constantly bringing up Bobwise's death and I think the creators/cast are realizing it was a bad idea to kill that character off.

Bassist_Diver wrote:Also, Netflix and the Duffer Bros said S3 probably won't come out until 2019, so look for the gang to be entering high school in the mid-80s, AKA the release of this overplayed piece:

Hopefully they go even farther with "punk 11" because, in my opinion, Millie echoing Edward Furlong was one the best decisions in the show as far as character development is concerned.
Since they already started pushing forward with emo Mike, maybe they'll go completely off the deep end with his character, too. :idk:

Only if they keep it era appropriate:

futuresailors wrote:#TeamSteve

Also, Billie,

He certainly knows how to plant his feet
The sea, once it casts its spell, holds one in its net of wonder forever. - Jacques Cousteau
Good dealings with: Vrom, Conky

Yamaha / Gallien-Krueger / Pedals
Bassist_Diver

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby BetterOffShred » Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:56 pm

I guess 2 episodes left. Hope they are good. I am disliking Mike a lot in this season. I got sick as hell and pile drived the whole first season in a day a last year. I've managed to space this out to 3 days
BetterOffShred

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Bassist_Diver » Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:59 pm

BetterOffShred wrote:I guess 2 episodes left. Hope they are good. I am disliking Mike a lot in this season. I got sick as hell and pile drived the whole first season in a day a last year. I've managed to space this out to 3 days

Mike is better during the last episode, but that doesn't make up for it. IMO Steve was hands down the most improved character.

He and Dustin's pseudo-big/little brother relationship was a breath of fresh air and I hope they bring him back next season (read: he doesn't go off to college)
The sea, once it casts its spell, holds one in its net of wonder forever. - Jacques Cousteau
Good dealings with: Vrom, Conky

Yamaha / Gallien-Krueger / Pedals
Bassist_Diver

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby MrNovember » Tue Oct 31, 2017 10:40 pm

BetterOffShred wrote:I guess 2 episodes left. Hope they are good. I am disliking Mike a lot in this season. I got sick as hell and pile drived the whole first season in a day a last year. I've managed to space this out to 3 days

Mike has been pissing me off this season. We're 6 episodes in:
and he's just been a whiny, jealous bitch the whole time. The drama with the new girl and missing 11 is driving me up the wall. Steve and Dustin have been my favourites so far. Steve is so much better this season; such a badass with his baseball bat full of nails!
MrNovember

Modulae of BILF
Modulae of BILF

Postby BetterOffShred » Tue Oct 31, 2017 10:43 pm

Fo real
BetterOffShred

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion