Stranger Things

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: Stranger Things

Postby PeteeBee » Tue Jul 24, 2018 7:23 pm

Jero wrote:
jrfox92 wrote:
Jero wrote:The only other song I've heard is this one, and it's pretty good. I like the video :idk: ...Finn's vocals leave something to be desired, but he's what, 16? I imagine they will do well in years to come.

Yeah, but there's still that, "are you fucking kidding me" gut reaction when you think about the probability that if he wasn't already famous, they just would be some unknown garage band no one gives a shit about.

Very true :lol: (but I'm trying to be nice cause they are doing more musically than me currently :facepalm: )

I got that gut reaction as well, but I don’t see it as categorically different from how I go about trying to do a band. I leverage whatever connections I can muster to secure a practice space and recruit members, hit up acquaintances trying to get on shows and whatnot. This band seems in some sense more genuine than that insofar as they are all actually friends, or at least that’s how it seemed from watching them on Kexp.
There is obviously some difference in the meteoric popularity, but why would someone deny another person the opportunity to pursue an art form simply because they have been successful in a different art form?
Iommic Pope wrote:This is the best you've been.
Suffering suits you.

BitchPudding wrote:Let this be written in our history as proof that ILoveFuzz is one tight knit internet family.
PeteeBee

IAMILF
IAMILF

Previous

Return to General Discussion