USPS SUCKS. Sometimes

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: USPS SUCKS. Sometimes

Postby BetterOffShred » Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:52 am

So.. I'm going to order a guitar. I haven't bought a new guitar in, well I bought one for $150 last summer, but a REAL guitar, in like 13 years. So I'm hoping I can just have them hold it at the office and I'll come get it :P
BetterOffShred

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby benjuro » Fri Oct 13, 2017 3:30 pm

rfurtkamp wrote:The DHL/FedEx handoff to USPS sucks, I pay extra to not go "SmartPost" whenever possible.

THIS.
Special low-frequency version.
benjuro

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby BetterOffShred » Mon Oct 16, 2017 4:14 pm

Well shit. My new guitar is coming FedEx.. They will probably leave it on the porch with the case open.
BetterOffShred

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby megamaeng » Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:35 pm

i think with fedex you can tell them to just hold it at a location. Check the options with your tracking number.
megamaeng

committed
committed

Postby rfurtkamp » Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:43 pm

My last two Gibson purchases were FedEx and just left at the door without as much as a knock (given I don't leave the house except in rare events as a housebound sick person)....both in factory Gibson boxes.....

They have no thought or sanity.
==
My pedalboard costs approximately 191 Metal Zones.

rfurtkamp

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby BetterOffShred » Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:52 pm

I requested they hold it up the street at the FedEx depot. Hopefully it works
BetterOffShred

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby UglyCasanova » Tue May 28, 2019 4:48 pm

Topping this because I've had my first bad experience with USPS. They shipped my package containing a DOD Rubberneck, Catrina Corazòn and Sonic Crayon Moth to Portugal instead of Norway. It's been 17 days since the tracking stopped updating. Called the postal service in Portugal. It has never been registered there at all. $700ish vanished into thin air. I'm relatively pissed the fuck off.
UglyCasanova

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby dubkitty » Wed May 29, 2019 8:23 am

i recently had a package incoming from Italy with a rare CD which mysteriously disappeared somewhere between "Out For Delivery" and "Delivered." i wrote it off as one more illustration that Buddha was right, but it eventually showed up. like three weeks later.

the other really irritating thing for me is when a package mysteriously takes a little journey of its own...e.g. i've had more than one parcel take off from DC or Richmond on its way to me and go for a jaunt up to New York or over to somewhere in bumfuck Arkansas.
In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

FIFTY YEARS OF SCARING THE CHILDREN 1970-2020--and i'm not done yet

DUBZ ÄLTER LOOPZ (2012-14): https://soundcloud.com/dubkitteh-1/sets/early-works-2012-14

DUBZ LOOPZ 2: Electronic Renaissance coming soon to a Soundcloud near you!
dubkitty

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: somewhere between Never-Never Land and Wonderland, in a place called Never Wonder Land

Postby Dowi » Wed May 29, 2019 8:26 am

UglyCasanova wrote:Topping this because I've had my first bad experience with USPS. They shipped my package containing a DOD Rubberneck, Catrina Corazòn and Sonic Crayon Moth to Portugal instead of Norway. It's been 17 days since the tracking stopped updating. Called the postal service in Portugal. It has never been registered there at all. $700ish vanished into thin air. I'm relatively pissed the fuck off.

What? Vanished? Hope you had some sort of insurance.

Got a similar problem with DHL PAKET, nobody knew where it was until last saturday, then the package I sent the 20th of April showed back to my place two days ago with a sticker saying "lack of shipping infos".
Hope you get back yours or at least that it reappears at the sender's place.
BIRCH BARK | Solo stuff | Bandcamp - Youtube
HIBAGON | Polyrhythmic Heavy Duo | Bandcamp - Spotyshit
Dowi

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Benn Roe » Wed May 29, 2019 12:05 pm

I'm still waiting for resolution on a custom RM-1N, which was sent signature-required, and was delivered to my workplace, 20 minutes before we open, with a totally-not-fake scribble signature belonging to H.H.H.F., whoever that is. This was back at the end of March.
Former Bands: Lazy Gaga, Kadis-kot, Pyramids, In First Person, the Holy Fucking Spirit, Take Down Your Art, A Petal Fallen
Benn Roe

experienced
experienced

Postby UglyCasanova » Wed May 29, 2019 1:17 pm

Dowi wrote:
UglyCasanova wrote:Topping this because I've had my first bad experience with USPS. They shipped my package containing a DOD Rubberneck, Catrina Corazòn and Sonic Crayon Moth to Portugal instead of Norway. It's been 17 days since the tracking stopped updating. Called the postal service in Portugal. It has never been registered there at all. $700ish vanished into thin air. I'm relatively pissed the fuck off.

Due to extreme import taxes I asked DRod to put a low value on the invoice papers, so... I won't get much at all. :picard: :lol:
UglyCasanova

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby lost in music » Thu May 30, 2019 10:32 am

Huh, just submitted a post to this thread and it disappeared. Trying again:

I recently learned - FAR TOO LATE as I think that my days of pedal-flipping are waning - that it is a lot cheaper to ship a single pedal Priority Mail if I just buy a smallish-sized box from USPS for a couple bucks rather than using their Medium Flat Rate Priority Mail box. I would have saved a couple hundred bucks over time if I had known.
This is a very impressive collection of Roto Toms. That's 21 Roto Toms in all. That is only $33.00 a Roto Tom.
lost in music

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Location: Sorry but you cannot use search at this time. Please try again in a few minutes.

Postby UglyCasanova » Fri May 31, 2019 11:56 am

UglyCasanova wrote:
Dowi wrote:

Due to extreme import taxes I asked DRod to put a low value on the invoice papers, so... I won't get much at all. :picard: :lol:

Day 20 update: it's in Oslo!! I have no idea what it's been up to for almost 3 weeks, but this is good shit!
UglyCasanova

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby lordgalvar » Fri May 31, 2019 11:59 am

I had a package go from Philly to New York to Puerto Rico to New York to California recently haha. All bulk scanning in a pallette taht went from regional center to regional center until being pulled off the crate at my regional center.

I talked to my carrier and he was like, "Once it's in a crate, it's part of the bulk scan in that crate until they begin scanning and delivering that crate. If it gets put in the wrong crate, it will go there and then wait until it's put in a new crate." Hold up was probably the Portuguese customs office pulling apart the crate and just scanning the bulk tracking instead of individuals. They probably also waited until they had a full crate to send to Norway. The full crate thing is what a lot of countries do (like it could be 1 day or 4 weeks to make a load bug enough for then to ship to the final country. Japan does this a lot with Japan Mail. EMS skips this)

Bulk scanning!
-Ring Mods!
"I make you chocolate"
    -comesect69-via-Majin Buu-by-way-of-Dirge/mtl.asm and special consideration from CA Anderton
lordgalvar

Supporter
Supporter

Postby BetterOffShred » Fri May 31, 2019 12:38 pm

UglyCasanova wrote:
UglyCasanova wrote:
Dowi wrote:

Day 20 update: it's in Oslo!! I have no idea what it's been up to for almost 3 weeks, but this is good shit!

:!!!:
It was chilling in customs being accused of international terroism. :no:

Good to know you're getting it. Sonic crayon stuff being lost to the void is unacceptable
BetterOffShred

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion