· Gen · Guit · · Bldrs · B/S/T ·

Switch to full style
General discussion at the Wang Bar.
Post a reply

Re: The Video Game thread

Wed Jan 24, 2018 8:01 pm

MechaGodzilla wrote:I just finished Wolfesntein:TNO and man, how did they turn the MechaHitler game into one of those genuinely good this-is-why-we-should-take-videogames-seriously games?

It was such a shame they completely butchered it with the sequel. The New Colossus was 7 hours of unenjoyable garbage, with absolutely no boss fights at any point (what good is a Wolfenstein game without boss fights?), dire pacing, no real enemy variety, no new weapons and environments recycled from Bethesda's other games like some cheap trick to lure in the Fallout fans. TNO was fun as shit because it was so camp and ridiculous, one minute you're in Poland the next you're on a moon discovering new weapons real late into the game and it stays interesting, the same cannot be said for TNC. The most egregious thing I found, was that it ended in such a blatant "We're not going to finish this game so you have to pay for a season pass" manner that I absolutely refuse to even bother with anything they do with the franchise again.

Thu Jan 25, 2018 2:48 am

Ugh Dragon's Dogma for sub $10 on Steam. I've got a huge backlog though - buying anything more at this point is idiotic.

Thu Jan 25, 2018 4:13 am

reckon luck wrote:Ugh Dragon's Dogma for sub $10 on Steam. I've got a huge backlog though - buying anything more at this point is idiotic.

But... but haven't you heard?
SPOILER : show
Wolves hunt in packs!

Sat Jan 27, 2018 5:56 am

32 hours into Rainbow Six. Unlocked Caviera and my 130 hours of Metal Gear Online finally paid off. Jesus, so much fun and her suppressed pistol is OP as hell.

Plus, you just get to hide for half the round and run back to the objective when half your team died and save the day like Batman.

Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:17 am

Monster Hunter World has got me. Prepping for hours to stress hunt one monster for half an hour with my buddy is a very good time.

Thu Feb 01, 2018 1:56 am

Been working a shit tonne of overtime at work so I bought Dragon Ball FighterZ. Still learning everything after about 2 hours. Its cute and charming as hell, but I think that it's a little bit overhyped. Defiantly worth a digital copy since it's only like 4gb and would be great to dip in and out casually.

Thu Feb 01, 2018 7:32 am

Andrew wrote: great to dip in and out casually.

Hehehehe

Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:06 am

Andrew wrote:Been working a shit tonne of overtime at work so I bought Dragon Ball FighterZ. Still learning everything after about 2 hours. Its cute and charming as hell, but I think that it's a little bit overhyped. Defiantly worth a digital copy since it's only like 4gb and would be great to dip in and out casually.

Been debating this one....only because I was gung ho to play and learn street fighter IV & V.......but has been mostly a disappointment (in myself). It's so impossibly complex and difficult that I fear I won't be able to learn it....or at least be better than a scrub.

So debating because I'm not sure if I want to put myself through that type of disappointment in myself again. lol

Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:10 am

foomanfat wrote:Monster Hunter World has got me. Prepping for hours to stress hunt one monster for half an hour with my buddy is a very good time.

Waiting for the PC release like :poke: :mope:

I'm very late to playing it but man Nier:Automata is so much fun.

Thu Feb 01, 2018 6:25 pm

PUBG all day every day.

And Slay The Spire.

Thu Feb 01, 2018 7:01 pm

The Eristic wrote:
reckon luck wrote:Ugh Dragon's Dogma for sub $10 on Steam. I've got a huge backlog though - buying anything more at this point is idiotic.

Wolves hunt in packs!

They're human bones that move on their own!

Fri Feb 02, 2018 1:13 pm

Beat the main storyline in Mario Odyssey with my roommate a couple days back, and I'm quite delighted at the ludicrous amount of post-game content.
I also decided to cop a few more games since payday rolled around. I got Marrio+Rabbids, Celeste, Overcooked, Super Meat Boy, and World of Goo, and playing the first stages of WoG I also discovered that the Switch has a mfin' touch screen!?!? I hadn't the faintest clue, but this console continues to impress me.
One of my roommates almost talked me into getting LA Noire on the eShop sale, but I read that the open world parts of it are pretty empty, which is a major turnoff. Plus as a third party title so I'm sure it'll end up in $10 bins within a year or two, and I'm in no rush to play a port of a 2011 game, though I have heard it's a pretty good one.

Fri Feb 02, 2018 2:16 pm

I'm so bored of my videogames lately I'm inching ever closer to that Switch purchase. It's gonna be like £400 in one go so probs sell some peds first

Fri Feb 02, 2018 5:42 pm

MechaGodzilla wrote:I'm so bored of my videogames lately I'm inching ever closer to that Switch purchase. It's gonna be like £400 in one go so probs sell some peds first

Yeah the Switch is like my third major priority this year behind a Digitakt (which I just bought) and a 3D printer (which I'll probably buy in the next month or two). I'm also incredibly bored of the games I have and am really not that interested in anything that's out right now.

Sat Feb 03, 2018 4:21 am

Achtane wrote:
The Eristic wrote:

Wolves hunt in packs!

They're human bones that move on their own!

Soaked to the bone!
Post a reply