The Video Game thread

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: The Video Game thread

Postby MrNovember » Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:26 pm

Fair enough, I wouldn't be interested either way. I'm solidly in the fuck EA camp. Those guys have ruined way too many games for me.
MrNovember

Modulae of BILF
Modulae of BILF

Postby Olin » Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:18 pm

Also v important to remember the removal is temporary. The game is built around microtransactions and doesn't play well without them. They'll come back and EA will keep being EA. A four hour campaign is disgraceful and it's such a shame this is the way we've gone in gaming.
Bitchpudding, you tried Titanfall 2?
neonblack wrote:Do you ever just sit back and take a good look at yourself and realize all your riffs are shit and you're a garbage musician?

https://barewireson.bandcamp.com/album/off-black
Olin

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby codetocontra » Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:01 pm

Sw Battlefront 1 wasnt a great shooter either. Had it in the looks and sound, but not in the feels or balance.
codetocontra

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Andrew » Tue Nov 21, 2017 7:43 am

I've stuck up for EA in the past, but fuck em, killing off Visceral was the absolute final nail in the coffin of me buying any Battlefront game. I'm still kind of interested in the new Bioware game considering that it has some of the original Mass Effect people working on it but even then I'm cautious about the shitty practices that goes with it. Hope Disney chews them out for sullying the Star Wars brand.

Finished RE5 & Rev. Now to Rev2 or RE6, I never stuck with either of them but i'm completely reinvested in the absolute batshit Resident Evil universe. Its so brilliant and fucking dreadful at the same time, I love it so much. :love:
Andrew

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby worra » Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:54 am

Olin wrote:Also v important to remember the removal is temporary. The game is built around microtransactions and doesn't play well without them. They'll come back and EA will keep being EA. A four hour campaign is disgraceful and it's such a shame this is the way we've gone in gaming.
Bitchpudding, you tried Titanfall 2?

Good advice here, titanfall 2 is awesome.

Also I just started WoW again as well (took a nine year break)
https://foldednote.bandcamp.com
https://sunbeamer.bandcamp.com
https://www.instagram.com/_sunbeamer/

DRodriguez wrote:home is where the noise is

aen wrote:I'm pretty much kicked out of hipster beverage town.
worra

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby GAS KING » Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:53 am

I started WoW for the first time. about 8 hrs in on a lvl 17 priest. (after destiny 2 ended up having a empty pointless end game. just hit the milestones week to week and done.)
I'm not sure priest was the best choice for me. should have went DPS for my first character.
GAS KING

experienced
experienced

Postby Achtane » Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:56 pm

I love being priest/medic/engineer type characters.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Louy7zH9guw
sonidero wrote:Roll a plus 13 for fire and with my immunity to wack I dodge the cough and pass a turn to chill and look at these rocks...

kbithecrowing wrote:Making out with my girl friday night, I couldn't stop thinking about flangers.

Achtane

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby SecretMachine » Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:25 am

GAS KING wrote:I started WoW for the first time. about 8 hrs in on a lvl 17 priest. (after destiny 2 ended up having a empty pointless end game. just hit the milestones week to week and done.)
I'm not sure priest was the best choice for me. should have went DPS for my first character.
Priests are difficult if you're playing the game for the first time as a priest (from what I remember about levelling a character 5+ years ago) is that it's difficult to solo due to the low damage output. Theoretically you have less downtime because you can heal yourself, but because most quests are "kill X to get Y amount of skins/mystical objects/venga boys albums", it can take longer to level up.

As a result, you often see Hunters being praised as the quick leveller as they have a tank, and they act as the DPS. I played as a Rogue on my first playthrough (the only character I ever got to max level because I like going outside), and that was quite difficult initially until you start really getting good abilities.

Having said all that WoW has changed so much now the game could just be a series of QTEs and all this advice is redundant.
My band: https://autosleeperband.bandcamp.com/
Influenced by Swervedriver, Sonic Youth, MBV and The Cure.
SecretMachine

committed
committed

Postby nogodsnobedtimes » Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:36 am

GAS KING wrote: (after destiny 2 ended up having a empty pointless end game. just hit the milestones week to week and done.)

Man I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels this way. It's a really fun game to play, but there's nothing there worth going back for. The milestones aren't fresh, it's just a (moderately fun) grind for loot and gear.

AND FUCK THE RAID.
nogodsnobedtimes

experienced
experienced

Postby Andrew » Sun Nov 26, 2017 6:51 am

Picked up Persona 5 on a Black Friday sale, about 4-5 hours into it and liking it waaaaaaaay more than I thought that I would after my first hour. Really wasn't expecting the story to be like what it is or the game actually having likeable characters.

This also finally makes sense:
Andrew

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby UglyCasanova » Sun Nov 26, 2017 5:16 pm

Just finished a L4D2 session with Vidret, Fcknoise and Worra. Shit's fuuuuuuuuuuuuun!

...well, they played L4D2, I played Starship Troopers.

UglyCasanova

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Olin » Sun Nov 26, 2017 5:18 pm

Maaaan I haven't played l4d2 for years. This is a good excuse to redownload it.
neonblack wrote:Do you ever just sit back and take a good look at yourself and realize all your riffs are shit and you're a garbage musician?

https://barewireson.bandcamp.com/album/off-black
Olin

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Andrew » Tue Nov 28, 2017 5:34 am

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2 ... bal-empire

Man, I really really want to see a new Deus Ex game in less than 4 years :hug:
Andrew

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Dapper Bandit » Tue Nov 28, 2017 5:55 am

Finished the Fractured But Whole. Made me want to play through Stick of Truth again, turns out I now like RPGs which was unexpected.

Now I need to finish some games on the Wii U and then I could kind of justify buying a Switch...
Bringing Brought the noise in Whitechapel Murders
Bandcamp
Facebook
Dapper Bandit

committed
committed

Postby reckon luck » Tue Nov 28, 2017 10:11 am

Made it through Black Friday without spending much. Ys Felghana on Steam, Ori on Xbox. Really liking both so far.
reckon luck

committed
committed

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion