The Video Game thread

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: The Video Game thread

Postby Dapper Bandit » Thu Nov 16, 2017 1:44 pm

MechaGodzilla wrote: :lol: :lol: that game had the same engine as Turok i think, made by the same studio, so had the same philosophy towards weapons (the widest, wackiest variety possible). With cheats on, 12-yr-old me had some fun afternoons with south park 64!

It was, wasn't it? Midway? I think the Turok thing played a role in me getting it as well. Really disappointing even to a young me. At least Turok 2 was amazing enough to make up for it!
Bringing Brought the noise in Whitechapel Murders
Bandcamp
Facebook
Dapper Bandit

committed
committed

Postby codetocontra » Thu Nov 16, 2017 5:09 pm

Cerebral bore!
codetocontra

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Andrew » Sat Nov 18, 2017 6:49 am

Resident Evil: Revelations is still a super rad game. It's not remotely scary, but it has that wonderful cheesy charm. It looks like a HD PS2 game, considering that it was for 3DS. But plays super tight and does the looping level design thing.

Plus Jill's ass in HD. :lol:
Andrew

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby MechaGodzilla » Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:32 am

codetocontra wrote:Cerebral bore!

the cerebral bore wins the craziest concept category but for sheer destructive bliss I gotta mention the boomerang sawblade thing and the nuke
MechaGodzilla

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Achtane » Sat Nov 18, 2017 5:16 pm

Smacking someone's head off with the war blade was satisfying.

That Xbox Turok suuuucked. But at least the final boss was ridiculous (gold rush miner looking guy riding a T-rex)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Louy7zH9guw
sonidero wrote:Roll a plus 13 for fire and with my immunity to wack I dodge the cough and pass a turn to chill and look at these rocks...

kbithecrowing wrote:Making out with my girl friday night, I couldn't stop thinking about flangers.

Achtane

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby codetocontra » Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:32 pm

Replaying Left4Dead. Great game concept but the game surprisingly doesn't hold up 9 years later. Its loose and floaty. Firing guns doesn't have an impact like what I have grown used to. Something feels off between the sound, visual and controller rumble when firing guns. Really hoping for a L4D3 someday.
codetocontra

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Iommic Pope » Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:48 pm

So I didn’t buy Civ 6 when it was on sale. I did finally play the demo this week though and I really like it.
Steam retail is back up to bullshit expensive, but EB have physical copies on sale for $56AU. Should probably get a copy?
WWPD?
fcknoise wrote:You are all fucking tryhard effort posting nerds

Invisible Man wrote:I'm probably the most humble person I know. I feel good about smelling my own butthole.

Jesus Was a Robot wrote:Did you just assume Billy Corgan's dildo preference??
Iommic Pope

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Olin » Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:50 pm

Every year, usually twice, I try to play Victoria 2. I want to play it, I love the idea, watching other people play it and reading about it gets me really fucking excited, then I try to play, a few weeks pass, two months go by, I'm trying every day and I just can't do it. It's impenetrable. It's makes Dwarf Fortress feel like fucking Lemmings. I don't know if it's because it's just very, very complex and deep and just takes a long time to really get into, or if because it's obtuse, poorly laid out, has bizarre, unexplained rules that you have no real way of knowing and that it isn't my fault. I'm riled by it, I want to rule an absolute monarchy but I can't. I just can't. I hate you, Victoria 2, but I want to love you, you just won't let me.

Iommic Pope, I would wait until they finish adding all their little bullshit $10 individual civilisation packs into it, that's when it will actually be a finished game and they'll drop the price a bit.
neonblack wrote:Do you ever just sit back and take a good look at yourself and realize all your riffs are shit and you're a garbage musician?

https://barewireson.bandcamp.com/album/off-black
Olin

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Iommic Pope » Sun Nov 19, 2017 6:18 am

Yeah that's kinda what I was thinking, but that demo got its hooks in.
Ah well.
Plus yeah, its been a year, you think we'd be seeing a complete game by this point. Developers get away with murder these days. Finish a fucking product, douchers!
That's like putting out a record without drums or bass and charging people to download them as "extra content".
"This record is great, we spent years labouring over it and are so happy with the result, but the expansion pack is gonna blow your mind when it comes out in another year or two."
WWPD?
fcknoise wrote:You are all fucking tryhard effort posting nerds

Invisible Man wrote:I'm probably the most humble person I know. I feel good about smelling my own butthole.

Jesus Was a Robot wrote:Did you just assume Billy Corgan's dildo preference??
Iommic Pope

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Olin » Sun Nov 19, 2017 7:04 am

I keep waiting for there to be an equivalent to the Gods & Kings expansion for Civ V, because that completely changed the game and made it even greater than it already was, but I'm starting to get a bit skeptical this time round. It took a while for me to enjoy Civ VI, the AI are aggressive but in a really stupid way and it makes the early game not very enjoyable, but all the other changes (thank Christ unit stacking is back) are pretty wonderful.
neonblack wrote:Do you ever just sit back and take a good look at yourself and realize all your riffs are shit and you're a garbage musician?

https://barewireson.bandcamp.com/album/off-black
Olin

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby GAS KING » Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:09 am

I just started WoW. I don't get it.
GAS KING

experienced
experienced

Postby MrNovember » Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:17 pm

Brutal Legend is free on Humble. So I guess I'm going to play that.

I'm also going to finally play Borderlands the Pre-Sequel, and then maybe go back to BL2 after. Been really wanting to get into some of that nonsense again, but I have to wait for a new mouse in the mail. Mine finally got to a point where it is impossible to play any game with reaction time.
MrNovember

Modulae of BILF
Modulae of BILF

Postby BitchPudding » Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:13 pm

Well I was considering Battlefront II butttttt
ummohyeah wrote:Godspeed rule and no amount of tape would make their pedalboards safe from my cum.

ImageImageImage
YO YO ITS YA BOI
The Eville Experience: http://www.rosegonzalesmusic.com/the-eville-experience
Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/artist/10Qbd3gcYrfIyZ89HCArCt?si=4KZfzqj5Qiq-rG0xFPjckA
BitchPudding

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby MrNovember » Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:17 pm

BitchPudding wrote:Well I was considering Battlefront II butttttt

They removed all micro transactions didn't they?
MrNovember

Modulae of BILF
Modulae of BILF

Postby BitchPudding » Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:23 pm

Eh, even still. Its like with the old xbone marketing back when that was gonna be online only. Sure you reversed your statement, but you still were dicks and dont get my money.

And even without the micro transactions, theres still little things with the game that make it dumb.

Idk, I just wanna a solid shooter thats not Overwatch.
ummohyeah wrote:Godspeed rule and no amount of tape would make their pedalboards safe from my cum.

ImageImageImage
YO YO ITS YA BOI
The Eville Experience: http://www.rosegonzalesmusic.com/the-eville-experience
Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/artist/10Qbd3gcYrfIyZ89HCArCt?si=4KZfzqj5Qiq-rG0xFPjckA
BitchPudding

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion