The Video Game thread

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: The Video Game thread

Postby Andrew » Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:09 am

Believe me, i've tried - other people have had similar issues but they seemed to have been resolved with a simple restart. Neither of my 3DS's had this problem or my PS3/4 or iPhone/iPads. Tried hovering over my router while smashing the y button after resetting and disabling the wifi connection on everything else. Everything else works, I don't know. My internet is terrible, but even my PS4 connects decently and that's with the PSN.

I'm going to bring it to work tomorrow, if it doesn't work there then i'm sending it back for a return. :idk:
Andrew

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby UglyCasanova » Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:11 am

Mine connected right away. Have you checked which ports it requires to be open? I remember having to do that with the 360, even though my ps3 connected just fine.
UglyCasanova

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby blakestree » Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:33 am

worra wrote:I'm getting into Wolfenstein 2 and I can say it is definitely my favorite in the series so far.

Looks really good. Just not my kinda gameplay.

My wife wants Gang Beasts and keeps talking about VR...
While leaves shall fall, do branches intertwine, that we remain bound.

Blake's Tree
blakestree

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby MechaGodzilla » Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:30 am

Andrew wrote:Believe me, i've tried - other people have had similar issues but they seemed to have been resolved with a simple restart. Neither of my 3DS's had this problem or my PS3/4 or iPhone/iPads. Tried hovering over my router while smashing the y button after resetting and disabling the wifi connection on everything else. Everything else works, I don't know. My internet is terrible, but even my PS4 connects decently and that's with the PSN.

I'm going to bring it to work tomorrow, if it doesn't work there then i'm sending it back for a return. :idk:

Man, I had a real headache connecting my grandmother's alexa to her router. My parents gave it her as a gift and she is the least technically literate of all the world's grandparents. Basically, her router had a single connection for both 5ghz and 2.4 bands that I had to split into separate connections so that alexa wouldn't get confused or something??? I don't think she's ever used that dystopian totem since that day.

I'm not assuming you haven't tried that already but it might be worth looking into?
MechaGodzilla

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby MechaGodzilla » Thu Dec 14, 2017 6:19 pm

MechaGodzilla wrote:wheyyy I just beat the boost guardian boss on Metroid Prime 2

could never do it when i was younger. look at me nowwwww

now i can finally see what else this ugly, ugly game has to offer

motherfucking spider guardian FUCK
MechaGodzilla

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby adamajah » Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:00 pm

It's weird to me that they called it Wolfenstein II, since it's the 11th one or something. I guess II works then actually... hah

Super solid re-boot though.
adamajah

experienced
experienced

Postby Achtane » Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:51 pm

I wanna play Doom but my PC probably sucks compared to modern ones. And I don't have Windows 10.
My PC was the shit when Guild Wars 2 came out!!
Which was...uhh....like 6 years ago...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Louy7zH9guw
sonidero wrote:Roll a plus 13 for fire and with my immunity to wack I dodge the cough and pass a turn to chill and look at these rocks...

kbithecrowing wrote:Making out with my girl friday night, I couldn't stop thinking about flangers.

Achtane

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Andrew » Fri Dec 15, 2017 2:08 am

Updated the Switch on the Wi-fi at work. My Home wifi is now shown on the switch but is greyed out. Again, nothing else has this problem and i'm using WPA2. I'm tempted to just steal work's internet bandwidth and not bother with this shit. :idk:

Maybe it will sort itself out.
Andrew

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Snufkino » Sat Dec 16, 2017 6:44 pm

Achtane wrote:I wanna play Doom but my PC probably sucks compared to modern ones. And I don't have Windows 10.
My PC was the shit when Guild Wars 2 came out!!
Which was...uhh....like 6 years ago...

I love the Brutal Doom mod.
I get the feeling they based a few features of the new Doom on it. Quick glance says it's up to v.20. I have no idea which one I'm using, but it'll be an older version but it's fine. Really balanced changes to the weapons/monsters and just enough extra features to make it more interesting. The "Hell on Earth" pack is great and the whole thing can run on a dinosaur computer.

There are plenty of other great level sets ("WADS") here that really exploit what the old Doom engine can do, or make some yourself with Doom Builder
Snufkino

experienced
experienced

Postby vallaton » Sat Dec 16, 2017 7:36 pm

watched someone play the homestuck videogame thingy on youtube. started reading homestuck again.
vallaton

committed
committed

Postby reckon luck » Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:00 pm

Battlefront II (2005) has been tempting me for ages. Seems like a fun game to just screw around in against a huge army of bots. Like I used to do in Timesplitters.
reckon luck

committed
committed

Postby lordgalvar » Thu Dec 21, 2017 1:45 pm

Any tips on playing video games after eye damage? I can't look too long at a screen before it gives me a headache (just had to get steel dug outta it).

I was already bothered by modern tv refresh rates...they are wrong and are too big to really focus (well my wife's Samsung is). Should I bust out the old cathode Ray?
).
-Ring Mods!
"I make you chocolate"
    -comesect69-via-Majin Buu-by-way-of-Dirge/mtl.asm and special consideration from CA Anderton
lordgalvar

Supporter
Supporter

Postby reckon luck » Thu Dec 21, 2017 2:31 pm

I don't know much about this, but you could try messing with your TV settings - brightness, zoom, resolution, etc.. Modern TV's even have specific modes for games. These may or may not help you.
reckon luck

committed
committed

Postby bloatedsack » Thu Dec 21, 2017 3:54 pm

I could resist no longer and bought a PSVR last night.

It's blurry, it's lacking support, after 15 minutes I break out in a hot sweat and want to roll over and vomit but holy shit I've seen the fucking future.
bloatedsack

committed
committed

Postby lordgalvar » Thu Dec 21, 2017 4:42 pm

reckon luck wrote:I don't know much about this, but you could try messing with your TV settings - brightness, zoom, resolution, etc.. Modern TV's even have specific modes for games. These may or may not help you.

I'm going to mess around with my tv and see if there is anything to kinda fix it.

I was trying to play my Saturn and it's just too big I think. I can't see the whole screen at the right distance and stuff. In shooters, there are some timing issues with hitboxes and stuff if it's like out of sync. I've also noticed blurring between frames. I'm dealing with pixel accuracy and a damaged eye...so I dunno.

I know the crazy dudes at shmups spend tons of time dailing in their cabs and stuff. Games like ikaruga aren't considered accurate for score unless played at the original speed on Naomi or Dreamcast hardware. Ibarra PS2 is a great example of unplayable in the traditional sense because of televisions, refresh rate, and processor speed. Even on the excellent M3 ports of cave on xbox360, there are artifacts from modern TV's.

It could just be me though. These new TV's have always hurt my eyes and it's just gotten worse.

Maybe I'm just old. :idk:
-Ring Mods!
"I make you chocolate"
    -comesect69-via-Majin Buu-by-way-of-Dirge/mtl.asm and special consideration from CA Anderton
lordgalvar

Supporter
Supporter

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion