The Video Game thread

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: The Video Game thread

Postby Andrew » Mon May 15, 2017 7:12 am

I honestly have 350+ hours in MGSV and another 100+ in Metal Gear Online 3. Still is the most consistently fun game that I've played in years.

I'd just recommend turning off Reflex mode ASAP, makes it more way more intense and you get better rankings each mission.
Andrew

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby MechaGodzilla » Mon May 15, 2017 8:10 am

I was really bad at GZ so I'm not going for rankings, more just being Bastard Snake and messing with the dumb AI.
MechaGodzilla

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Andrew » Mon May 15, 2017 8:30 am

Messing around with CQC and holding up enemies by sneaking up behind them is super fun. If you use a Suppressed Lethal weapon and shoot the enemies limbs so they get briefly stunned, you can then run up and fuck with them with CQC.

So good. I'm gushing again.
Andrew

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby reckon luck » Mon May 15, 2017 11:22 am

I'm a System Shock 2 superfan, but I think I'm cool with waiting until the inevitable Prey GOTY edition.

My wife and I have been working our way through Dark Cloud 2 and we're having a very mixed reaction to it. Tons of stuff to do but most of it feels like a waste of time. This game was somebody's pet project.
reckon luck

committed
committed

Postby MrNovember » Mon May 15, 2017 11:46 am

I've been playing Dishonoured 2 on very hard with Emily and going for a low chaos, full ghost play-through. The enemies are actually so much smarter than the original game. They actually look under tables! For the most part I have been really enjoying it though.
MrNovember

Modulae of BILF
Modulae of BILF

Postby cherler » Mon May 15, 2017 1:17 pm

I started playing Hollow Knight the other day. It pretty blatantly wants to be Dark Souls in a lot of ways but I'm enjoying it a lot.
Instagram yo

Good dealin's: D.o.S.
cherler

experienced
experienced

Postby Aquietcabin1978 » Mon May 15, 2017 1:20 pm

Just got a PSP 3000 dirt cheap. We'll see how that works out. I really only want it to play ROM's of R-Type and Gradius. Anyone still rocking a PSP? Good games to check out?
jwar wrote:I'd tell both you guys to eat a dick, but it's against the vibe of the thread. Dicks are meat right? ;) haha

Invisible Man wrote:All roads lead to butt stuff.
Aquietcabin1978

Supporter
Supporter

Postby ziltoid » Mon May 15, 2017 11:13 pm

cherler wrote:I started playing Hollow Knight the other day. It pretty blatantly wants to be Dark Souls in a lot of ways but I'm enjoying it a lot.

Check out Dead Cells
ziltoid

committed
committed

Postby The Eristic » Tue May 16, 2017 1:19 am

MrNovember wrote:I've been playing Dishonoured 2 on very hard with Emily and going for a low chaos, full ghost play-through. The enemies are actually so much smarter than the original game. They actually look under tables! For the most part I have been really enjoying it though.

Is it longer and noticeably more difficult than the first game? I liked a lot of stuff about the original, but it was super short and easy (even with 100% completion and a lot of screwing around) unless you intentionally avoided using powers as much as possible.
Check out my live guitar streams @ http://www.twitch.tv/the_eristic!
The Eristic

experienced
experienced

Postby reckon luck » Tue May 16, 2017 3:02 am

Huge XBOX backwards compatibility sale going on right now. I picked up Guwange, R-Type Dimensions and rebought Ikaruga so I can try out the secret mode in Radiant Silvergun. :joy:

Bummer that Hard Corps didn't get a discount.
Last edited by reckon luck on Tue May 16, 2017 10:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
reckon luck

committed
committed

Postby GAS KING » Tue May 16, 2017 8:40 am

Going to give Witcher 3 another shot. tried it on PS4, but now on PC. Got through the first little bit and liked it more than last time already.
Snagged killing floor 2 as well....man that will be a fun multiplayer game.
GAS KING

experienced
experienced

Postby MrNovember » Tue May 16, 2017 9:26 am

The Eristic wrote:
MrNovember wrote:I've been playing Dishonoured 2 on very hard with Emily and going for a low chaos, full ghost play-through. The enemies are actually so much smarter than the original game. They actually look under tables! For the most part I have been really enjoying it though.

Is it longer and noticeably more difficult than the first game? I liked a lot of stuff about the original, but it was super short and easy (even with 100% completion and a lot of screwing around) unless you intentionally avoided using powers as much as possible.

As far as I can remember, it seems that the levels are longer and more complex. I remember the first one being a lot more straight forward. I haven't gotten through the whole game so I'm not really sure on total length. The AI does seem quite a bit better in this one. I remember having absolutely no issues completely dominating the AI with stealth in the first game, but this one has been quite a bit more difficult. There is also a choice right at the start to not use powers at all
MrNovember

Modulae of BILF
Modulae of BILF

Postby Achtane » Tue May 16, 2017 10:51 am

Aquietcabin1978 wrote:Just got a PSP 3000 dirt cheap. We'll see how that works out. I really only want it to play ROM's of R-Type and Gradius. Anyone still rocking a PSP? Good games to check out?

I liked Kenka Bancho: Badass Rumble. A free-roaming beat em up with a customizable move set and "juvenile delinquent anime" theme. You can use your eye lasers to stare people down, shit talk them via a minigame, and then pimp slap them to death.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Louy7zH9guw
sonidero wrote:Roll a plus 13 for fire and with my immunity to wack I dodge the cough and pass a turn to chill and look at these rocks...

kbithecrowing wrote:Making out with my girl friday night, I couldn't stop thinking about flangers.

Achtane

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Aquietcabin1978 » Tue May 16, 2017 11:20 am

Achtane wrote:
Aquietcabin1978 wrote:Just got a PSP 3000 dirt cheap. We'll see how that works out. I really only want it to play ROM's of R-Type and Gradius. Anyone still rocking a PSP? Good games to check out?

I liked Kenka Bancho: Badass Rumble. A free-roaming beat em up with a customizable move set and "juvenile delinquent anime" theme. You can use your eye lasers to stare people down, shit talk them via a minigame, and then pimp slap them to death.

Game looks dope, Thanks.
jwar wrote:I'd tell both you guys to eat a dick, but it's against the vibe of the thread. Dicks are meat right? ;) haha

Invisible Man wrote:All roads lead to butt stuff.
Aquietcabin1978

Supporter
Supporter

Postby MechaGodzilla » Tue May 16, 2017 12:56 pm

Kenka bancho rules. Psps are awesome coz they're stupid easy to get cfw running and use as a portable psx with free games.
MechaGodzilla

IAMILF
IAMILF

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion