The Video Game thread

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: The Video Game thread

Postby UglyCasanova » Mon Jun 12, 2017 7:54 am

codetocontra wrote:Wolfenstein 2 looks batshit crazy.

Yeah, but that video pacing and editing was soooo confused all over the place, in a bad way. I don't know what they were thinking. :lol:

Also, that's the fastest working LSD I've seen. Technology, man. Far out, man. Yeah, man. :cool:
UglyCasanova

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby codetocontra » Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:05 am

Right. I agree with all that too. Probably still won't play it but I went from zero interest to very amused. Want to see more.
codetocontra

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby reckon luck » Mon Jun 12, 2017 11:16 am

Xbox gets even more backwards compatibility, while PS4 gets one or two PS2 remasters a month. I wish Sony wasn't dominating so much, so they'd actually have to try. :poke:
reckon luck

committed
committed

Postby codetocontra » Mon Jun 12, 2017 11:52 am

Too early to tell if the original Xbox games are going to be any good ones. I would love to play Knights of the Old Republic. But sometimes going back to that generations graphic style is pretty rough. It's like our memories don't remember all the imperfections or they were even considered good back in the day but not compared to now.
codetocontra

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby reckon luck » Mon Jun 12, 2017 12:06 pm

^Like trying to play Goldeneye or Perfect Dark nowadays. Holy crap it's awful. :eek:

PS2 on PS4 isn't really a bad thing; the remastering and trophies appeal to a certain audience. I've bought several of them myself. What gets me is that the handful of games I really want are niche, and at their current porting rate we'll be on PS7 before Sony gets around to them. And then there's the complete absence of PS1, and PS3 being a technical impossibility... it just kinda sucks.
reckon luck

committed
committed

Postby Olin » Mon Jun 12, 2017 12:39 pm

Bethesda's e3 section was pretty awful. Paid mods is just an awful, awful idea.
The new Metro is the big thing I'm excited for now, such a surprise to see that announced. Open world too, so it's as close as we'll ever get to Stalker 2.
neonblack wrote:Do you ever just sit back and take a good look at yourself and realize all your riffs are shit and you're a garbage musician?

https://barewireson.bandcamp.com/album/off-black
Olin

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby cherler » Mon Jun 12, 2017 2:30 pm

What always gets me more than the graphics aging is the mechanics aging. I put so many hours into Morrowind back in the day, loaded it up now and turned it off after I kept missing melee attacks on someone I couldn't be any closer to. I didn't even get far enough to miss fast travel.
Instagram yo

Good dealin's: D.o.S.
cherler

experienced
experienced

Postby Strange Tales » Mon Jun 12, 2017 2:46 pm

Olin wrote:Bethesda's e3 section was pretty awful. Paid mods is just an awful, awful idea.
The new Metro is the big thing I'm excited for now, such a surprise to see that announced. Open world too, so it's as close as we'll ever get to Stalker 2.

They've already tried this once and got reamed for it so I'm surprised they're trying it again. Who knows when the fuck TESVI will be out at this rate.
木枯らし // 木漏れ日 // 風に綱は戦ぐ

Strange Tales Distro - Japanese Underground Music Distribution in the US

Invisible Man wrote:Strange Tales: putting the ‘weeb’ in ‘dweeb’ since whenever.
Strange Tales

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby PanicProne » Mon Jun 12, 2017 3:14 pm

This:

codetocontra wrote:Very excited about the Life is Strange 3-part prequel because the original game made me feel things.

Also, finished TLG last night. Disappointed with the ending. Everything milked too much.
PanicProne

experienced
experienced

Postby Olin » Mon Jun 12, 2017 6:16 pm

Wasn't it Steam who tried paid mods last time? It was a bit of a shit show and Newell came out and apologised after saying it was a dumb idea. The modding community for New Vegas in particular is absolutely astounding, and almost all the "new" additions to Fallout 4 had been implemented via mods years before 4 was released; to try and capitalise on the community that has contributed to a good chunk of their sales can't do them any favours.
Bethesda publish some great games, Arkane in particular are great, but the in-house Bethesda games are so, so hard to like for me. At least The Witcher 3 and BoTW have kicked the fantasy RPG area into gear and Bethesda will at least have to attempt to match it, hopefully getting away from their twenty year old engines and infinite radiant quests :whateva:
neonblack wrote:Do you ever just sit back and take a good look at yourself and realize all your riffs are shit and you're a garbage musician?

https://barewireson.bandcamp.com/album/off-black
Olin

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby reckon luck » Tue Jun 13, 2017 12:19 pm

Metroid Prime 4 tease? Awwwww yeah :cool:

I knew we'd get a Switch eventually, but now it's like a... guaranteed eventuality. This should give me a chance to play 3 too, assuming they port it.

Holy crap I forgot how boss that title track is
reckon luck

committed
committed

Postby MechaGodzilla » Tue Jun 13, 2017 12:36 pm

Oh man, if it weren't for Other M I'd be sitting in an excitement puddle right now but I've learnt to temper my expectations.
MechaGodzilla

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby waltdogg » Tue Jun 13, 2017 12:55 pm

MechaGodzilla wrote:Oh man, if it weren't for Other M I'd be sitting in an excitement puddle right now but I've learnt to temper my expectations.

pretty much this. very stoked to hear them using the original music though. i'm really hoping the series director didn't force sylux down retro's throats. however, what could possibly be left to do in the prime universe? the whole story wrapped up at the end of the 3rd game. they're just making the gap between metroid (nes)/zero mission and metroid ii bigger and bigger here.
D.o.S. wrote:Why do people eat steak that shit is gross

behndy wrote:lol. she thinks Brazil is wayyyy too unsafe. but i got PLANS.

MechaGodzilla wrote:man, fuck those big neutrik plugs
waltdogg

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby MechaGodzilla » Tue Jun 13, 2017 12:58 pm

I mean, they could feasibly set it anywhere in the metroid chronology and just use the 'prime' subtitle to mean "first-person perspective". Kinda like Metal Gear Solid did. Plus, they always SAY there are no more metroid left and those space pirates always find more!
MechaGodzilla

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby waltdogg » Tue Jun 13, 2017 1:16 pm

this is true. they even juggled around the prime series sub-games within that chronology.

ugh, watching the treehouse live now for the 3ds metroid 2 remake. kill me. they should have just bought the rights to am2r.

update: speaking of mgs. they pulled a konami. retro isn't making prime 4 and they're focusing on that samus vs. sylux the director of hunters always wanted to do.
D.o.S. wrote:Why do people eat steak that shit is gross

behndy wrote:lol. she thinks Brazil is wayyyy too unsafe. but i got PLANS.

MechaGodzilla wrote:man, fuck those big neutrik plugs
waltdogg

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion