The Video Game thread

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: The Video Game thread

Postby 3205 » Fri May 25, 2018 9:16 pm

Been playing a fair bit of Monolith lately. I know, it's a gamemaker twin-stick roguelite: could be garbage, should be garbage... but it isn't. I rank it above all the genre's heavy hitters: Gungeon, Nuclear Throne, Isaac, etc..

Tight, focused, quick runs, interesting bosses/enemies/bullet patterns, lethality settings and multiple difficulties/modes. Totally worth the full $8. Only thing that kinda sucks is the sound design and music. A game of this quality deserves something better than weak chiptune noodlings.
affiliations
Chase Bliss, Spiral Electric, DigiTech/DOD

committed
committed

Postby The Eristic » Fri May 25, 2018 9:51 pm

Grabbed Dark Souls Remaster for PS4, 'bout to go help ruin the Burg while there are new players around.
Check out my live guitar streams @ http://www.twitch.tv/the_eristic!
The Eristic

experienced
experienced

Postby Bassist_Diver » Fri May 25, 2018 10:25 pm

Gave Fortnite a shot. Got fucked pretty hard 3 matches in a row, was called all sorts of lovely slurs by charming neckbeards, and was quickly reminded why I don't do online multiplayer.
The sea, once it casts its spell, holds one in its net of wonder forever. - Jacques Cousteau
Good dealings with: Vrom, Conky

Yamaha / Gallien-Krueger / Pedals
Bassist_Diver

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Andrew » Sat May 26, 2018 2:41 am

Bassist_Diver wrote:Gave Fortnite a shot. Got fucked pretty hard 3 matches in a row, was called all sorts of lovely slurs by charming neckbeards, and was quickly reminded why I don't do online multiplayer.

Yeah it's a shame, though it really does depend on the game, I love Overwatch but I can't handle playing more than 3 matches in a day. I've sunk 225 hours into Rainbow Six with honestly about 4-5 memorable shit bags. It sucks that you're more likely to see toxic players when you start a new online game, but usually by the time you've gotten decent you would likely be matched with more conscientious players and won't be balanced with thousands of other Smurf accounts. It just takes a dozen hours or so.
Andrew

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby BitchPudding » Tue May 29, 2018 4:07 pm

3205 wrote:Been playing a fair bit of Monolith lately. I know, it's a gamemaker twin-stick roguelite: could be garbage, should be garbage... but it isn't. I rank it above all the genre's heavy hitters: Gungeon, Nuclear Throne, Isaac, etc..

Tight, focused, quick runs, interesting bosses/enemies/bullet patterns, lethality settings and multiple difficulties/modes. Totally worth the full $8. Only thing that kinda sucks is the sound design and music. A game of this quality deserves something better than weak chiptune noodlings.

This looks rad as fuck. I've been dumping serious hours into Gungeon, so I hope this ends up on the PS4 store some time soon.

Thanks for reminding me I still need to pick up Isaac on my PS4 as well.
ummohyeah wrote:Godspeed rule and no amount of tape would make their pedalboards safe from my cum.

ImageImageImage
YO YO ITS YA BOI
The Eville Experience: http://www.rosegonzalesmusic.com/the-eville-experience
Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/artist/10Qbd3gcYrfIyZ89HCArCt?si=4KZfzqj5Qiq-rG0xFPjckA
BitchPudding

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Achtane » Wed May 30, 2018 11:51 am

I wish there was a mod for enter the gungeon that made loot more common, or at least made decent guns more common. It's a good game but always leaves me frustrated when I have to use the shitty beginner gun for too long because all my loot feels like a side-grade.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Louy7zH9guw
sonidero wrote:Roll a plus 13 for fire and with my immunity to wack I dodge the cough and pass a turn to chill and look at these rocks...

kbithecrowing wrote:Making out with my girl friday night, I couldn't stop thinking about flangers.

Achtane

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby 3205 » Wed May 30, 2018 12:01 pm

^Yep, that's a common Gungeon complaint: loot is too rare, there's too many garbage guns, you don't have enough ammo to use them, and runs take too long. I burned out after 100 hours because of this. They announced an update months ago that's supposed to fix all that. It'll show up someday, maybe.

I also really hate how little information there is in-game. They don't tell you how much damage your gun does, or how rare it is, or indicate any of the hundreds of synergies... you have to play with a wiki page open. It's stupid.
affiliations

committed
committed

Postby Aquietcabin1978 » Wed May 30, 2018 1:10 pm

Enter the Gungeon looks pretty rad. Have been playing Axiom Verge which has a pretty dope soundtrack.

Anyone playing H1Z1 on PS4? Picked it up last night but haven't had a chance to play past a few rounds of combat training.
jwar wrote:I'd tell both you guys to eat a dick, but it's against the vibe of the thread. Dicks are meat right? ;) haha

Invisible Man wrote:All roads lead to butt stuff.
Aquietcabin1978

Supporter
Supporter

Postby codetocontra » Wed May 30, 2018 1:15 pm

Axiom Verge has one song that I just despise. It's later, I think maybe the 4th world. The rest was pretty good.
codetocontra

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Aquietcabin1978 » Wed May 30, 2018 1:57 pm

codetocontra wrote:Axiom Verge has one song that I just despise. It's later, I think maybe the 4th world. The rest was pretty good.

I am less than an hour in to the game, still not past the first map yet. Will have ta look out for that.
jwar wrote:I'd tell both you guys to eat a dick, but it's against the vibe of the thread. Dicks are meat right? ;) haha

Invisible Man wrote:All roads lead to butt stuff.
Aquietcabin1978

Supporter
Supporter

Postby UglyCasanova » Wed May 30, 2018 2:55 pm

Hi. My name is UC. I'm old and I play Fortnite.
UglyCasanova

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby nogodsnobedtimes » Wed May 30, 2018 7:03 pm

Hi UC

Lets land at Tilted Towers
nogodsnobedtimes

experienced
experienced

Postby 3205 » Wed May 30, 2018 7:54 pm

Tried and failed to get into Fallout NV again. I just can't do massive open world RPGs anymore. I'd rather be playing Bubble Bobble.
affiliations

committed
committed

Postby MechaGodzilla » Wed May 30, 2018 9:55 pm

codetocontra wrote:Axiom Verge has one song that I just despise. It's later, I think maybe the 4th world. The rest was pretty good.

For a game I wanted to like a whole bunch, there was a few frustrating things about axiom verge that mean I'll almost definitely never replay it. It's hard to put into words, just misses the mark in too many ways.

Now guacamelee is a modern metroidvania with bags of charm and a nice balance between linear/nonlinear, easy story/tough to 100%, not often too frustrating.
MechaGodzilla

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby nogodsnobedtimes » Wed May 30, 2018 10:02 pm

3205 wrote:Tried and failed to get into Fallout NV again. I just can't do massive open world RPGs anymore. I'd rather be playing Bubble Bobble.

I feel you on this one. I can't get into long-term games like I used to. I haven't even finished Breath of the Wild yet :cry:

Fallout NV was the best Fallout game too.
nogodsnobedtimes

experienced
experienced

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion