The Video Game thread

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: The Video Game thread

Postby baremountain » Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:31 pm

Soooo I just bought a Switch & the last copy of Breath of the Wild from a local Target on my lunch break.
I couldn't resist the endorphin rush & opened BotW in my car despite the fact I had 4 hours before I could go home & play, and BOY AM I THANKFUL I DID! Turns out someone had bought that game, taken the cartridge and presumably book out, re-shrink wrapped it, and returned it. They were super understanding inside, but had no more copies in stock. So I gotta swing by another Target on my way home & swap my empty case for an untampered copy.

Gonna try and discipline myself so that this doesn't derail my working on my next LP, but we'll see :lol:
Inner Vegas wrote:I don't think anyone is Obama

#wheresthebirthcertificate #obamahoax

solo tunes:
completed works || loosey goosey releases
associated acts:
Raab Zamboni (fake jazz/real noise//sax, modular synth, editing, misc) || Field Guide (my best friends//sax on 2 tracks)

I make t-shirts, patches, koozies, buttons, CDs, sometimes tapes, and eventually i'll start working on pedals again. DM me for pricing!
baremountain

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby foomanfat » Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:05 pm

Very hyped to play Dark Souls again on Switch.
Hey! Let's talk about serious thing. We're gonna talk about guitar, dude.
daseb wrote:sorry dude, I apologise, val kilmer was a great songwriter and truly understood the mystic ways of the native american.
foomanfat

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby worra » Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:42 pm

I have a Discord server where we chat gear but also have a sub-channel for games, pm me if you want an invite.

Bought Oxenfree on Switch and oooh this game is my sort of mystery-stuff :cool:
https://foldednote.bandcamp.com
https://sunbeamer.bandcamp.com
https://www.instagram.com/_sunbeamer/

DRodriguez wrote:home is where the noise is

aen wrote:I'm pretty much kicked out of hipster beverage town.
worra

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby MrNovember » Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:44 pm

Oh man, Dark Souls on the Switch may finally push me over the edge to buy one
MrNovember

Modulae of BILF
Modulae of BILF

Postby oscillateur » Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:15 pm

MrNovember wrote:Oh man, Dark Souls on the Switch may finally push me over the edge to buy one

And I'm pretty sure they'll release the other ones after that. Obviously not the Sony exclusives though, but having the Souls series on the go will likely consume a ton of my commuting time :).
oscillateur

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby foomanfat » Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:56 pm

It would be so awesome if, since the servers are dead, Sony would open up their hearts and give us a multiplatform Demon's Souls remaster.
Hey! Let's talk about serious thing. We're gonna talk about guitar, dude.
daseb wrote:sorry dude, I apologise, val kilmer was a great songwriter and truly understood the mystic ways of the native american.
foomanfat

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby codetocontra » Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:03 am

Oxenfree is pretty rad. I played it twice even. Want to do it again and make different choices. Cool sound design.

Falling in love with Breath of the Wild right now.
codetocontra

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby rustywire » Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:25 am

oscillateur wrote:
MrNovember wrote:Oh man, Dark Souls on the Switch may finally push me over the edge to buy one

And I'm pretty sure they'll release the other ones after that. Obviously not the Sony exclusives though, but having the Souls series on the go will likely consume a ton of my commuting time :).

There may not be a more suitable place for the grindy, chipping, strike/dodge game mechanic than being stuck in a seat on public transportation. Man I would have cherished that in the prev decade. When I would grind in jrpg the time passed so much quicker it was the perfect win/win making lemonade outta lemons
[B/S/T shoutouts] Shortlist: Hollow Earth|Ct5|856|Condor|Thermae|OP-1|half track reel2reel|Prophet6 ... :whoa:
rfurtkamp wrote:The only transparent thing I own is a set of drinking glasses.
rustywire

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Andrew » Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:06 am

codetocontra wrote:Falling in love with Breath of the Wild right now.

I didn't think that I would be suckered into it, but I easily put 6 hours into it after work yesterday which I haven't done in ages. I'm really loving BoTW a lot now, I still don't think it's a perfect 10 like others do but it's charm is scratching my itch right now.

Found a weirdly enthusiastic man selling bugs, found a Shenron looking dragon fly over me while walking over a bridge and found a giant near nude woman in a plant thing. Fucking brilliant.
Andrew

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby codetocontra » Sat Jan 13, 2018 2:25 am

Andrew wrote:
codetocontra wrote:Falling in love with Breath of the Wild right now.

I didn't think that I would be suckered into it, but I easily put 6 hours into it after work yesterday which I haven't done in ages. I'm really loving BoTW a lot now, I still don't think it's a perfect 10 like others do but it's charm is scratching my itch right now.

Found a weirdly enthusiastic man selling bugs, found a Shenron looking dragon fly over me while walking over a bridge and found a giant near nude woman in a plant thing. Fucking brilliant.

I am just sucked in by the exploration in BOTW. The worst thing is the noises people make instead of actual dialogue. The durability of items isn't as annoying as I originally feared. The story is pretty laid out quick, but then you get to go do whatever. I hate collectathons but nothing has been to bad yet. I want to look up some info on gamefaqs or a wiki or something but I also don't want to spoil anything because having everything unfold naturally is what this game does best.

The more I think of it, this is like a streamlined version of Skyrim, but the climbing changes it so much. I remember trying to jump up all sort of mountains in Skyrim because they were in my direct path to my next objective. Skyrim and Fallout lost their appeal after spending so much time looting junk to just take back to my storage containers to never deal with again. It was such a burden.
codetocontra

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby reckon luck » Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:49 pm

Picked up Turok 2 remastered in all its old-school glory. 60fps, no view-obscuring fog, quicksave/load anywhere, hint markers, hardcore mode... it's beautiful. :joy:
reckon luck

committed
committed

Postby Achtane » Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:46 am

WAR BLADE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Louy7zH9guw
sonidero wrote:Roll a plus 13 for fire and with my immunity to wack I dodge the cough and pass a turn to chill and look at these rocks...

kbithecrowing wrote:Making out with my girl friday night, I couldn't stop thinking about flangers.

Achtane

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby reckon luck » Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:24 pm

Another free game from Humble Bundle:

https://www.humblebundle.com/store/the-red-solstice

IIRC it's based on a Warcraft/Starcraft map called Night of the Dead. Might be fun to screw around in with friends.
reckon luck

committed
committed

Postby BitchPudding » Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:49 pm

Picked up Hotline Miami 1 & 2 for $5 on steam. So glad I did. Almost to chapter 10 of the first one, so far its the most fun I've had with a game in a long time. Plus its aesthetic as F U C K. Seriously. That soundtrack is to die for as well, gotta cop that if it didnt already come with the games.
ummohyeah wrote:Godspeed rule and no amount of tape would make their pedalboards safe from my cum.

ImageImageImage
YO YO ITS YA BOI
The Eville Experience: http://www.rosegonzalesmusic.com/the-eville-experience
Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/artist/10Qbd3gcYrfIyZ89HCArCt?si=4KZfzqj5Qiq-rG0xFPjckA
BitchPudding

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby MrNovember » Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:22 pm

BitchPudding wrote:Picked up Hotline Miami 1 & 2 for $5 on steam. So glad I did. Almost to chapter 10 of the first one, so far its the most fun I've had with a game in a long time. Plus its aesthetic as F U C K. Seriously. That soundtrack is to die for as well, gotta cop that if it didnt already come with the games.

Those were the best games. I think I'm due for a replay soon
MrNovember

Modulae of BILF
Modulae of BILF

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion