The Video Game thread

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: The Video Game thread

Postby MrNovember » Fri Nov 10, 2017 1:59 pm

bloatedsack wrote:
GAS KING wrote:
BitchPudding wrote:Currently downloading No Mans Sky. Lets see how this goes.

Depends on what type of game you like. If you like super chill exploration with a little crafting and looting......then you'll probably dig it.
It's a lot better than it was at launch.

If you want the inverse, a game about flying around in spaceships and blowing the shit out of people alternating with eternally long flights through space to deliver 100 tonnes of biowaste while blasting Deep Purple's "Space Truckin'" then I'd heartily recommend Elite Dangerous.

It, too, has exploration but with a far different emphasis. No mandatory shitty crafting, either.

I tried to get back into No Man's Sky and while it is much better now, it felt way too grindy to get all the stuff I wanted. I was just constantly mining stuff, so I could upgrade my ship, so I could mine enough stuff, so I could actually explore.
MrNovember

Modulae of BILF
Modulae of BILF

Postby Andrew » Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:43 pm

NMS seems like a legit $15-20 game. Untill then. :idk:
Andrew

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby foomanfat » Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:48 pm

Mario Odyssey is great. Perfect for bite sized chunks.
Hey! Let's talk about serious thing. We're gonna talk about guitar, dude.
daseb wrote:sorry dude, I apologise, val kilmer was a great songwriter and truly understood the mystic ways of the native american.
foomanfat

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Iommic Pope » Sat Nov 11, 2017 4:22 am

Andrew wrote:NMS seems like a legit $15-20 game. Untill then. :idk:

Yeah I’m hanging out for that.
But I’m keen to hear your thoughts BP.
I downloaded a Civ 6 demo, as it’s on sale this week. But I haven’t had a chance to play it.
Was tempted to get the observer as well, but I want to put a deposit down a tattoo this week and I gotta start ordering textbooks.
Plus I may need to spend some more money on my PC (mainly a new case and GPU) and I’ll have to think about DSLR cameras and telescopes soon.

I kinda want to get into VR to see how universe sandbox goes.

ASTRONERD.
WWPD?
fcknoise wrote:You are all fucking tryhard effort posting nerds

Invisible Man wrote:I'm probably the most humble person I know. I feel good about smelling my own butthole.

Jesus Was a Robot wrote:Did you just assume Billy Corgan's dildo preference??
Iommic Pope

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Andrew » Sat Nov 11, 2017 7:42 am

Played like 7 hours of Civ 5 today. Was doing well until it all just ended up as a stalemate even when I got everyone indoctrinated to my religion...

Now I feel genuinely unfulfilled and kind of annoyed that I was my afternoon :no:
Andrew

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby coldbrightsunlight » Sat Nov 11, 2017 3:05 pm

The end of a Civ game is never satisfying and once you accept that the game is more enjoyable. :lol:

I tend to find either I get wiped out, I win far too easily for the last couple of hours to be much challenge, or it ends in stalemate.
füzz lover. Friend. Quilter evangelist.

I make music sometimes:

https://nitrx.bandcamp.com/

https://mediocrisy.bandcamp.com/

https://fleshcouch.bandcamp.com
coldbrightsunlight

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Olin » Sat Nov 11, 2017 9:08 pm

7 hours is a really short civ game too. Play as Venice, win by culture, that's satisfying, all the trade routes mean you can spread your blue jeans and pop music to the far away lands and become an absolute powerhouse without expanding too much and making everyone else mad. I would say the only truly satisfying victories are the total annihilation ones where you end up either causing cities to defect to you and then obliterating the remaining ones, or just nuking the entire planet until not even the mountains exist.
neonblack wrote:Do you ever just sit back and take a good look at yourself and realize all your riffs are shit and you're a garbage musician?

https://barewireson.bandcamp.com/album/off-black
Olin

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Andrew » Sat Nov 11, 2017 11:23 pm

I gave up, lol. Realized that it was 10:30pm and I hadn't had a beer yet so I stopped.
Andrew

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby BitchPudding » Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:07 pm

Got No Mans Sky for stupid cheap. Its pretty good. Glad I waited a while until they added the shit they promised.
ummohyeah wrote:Godspeed rule and no amount of tape would make their pedalboards safe from my cum.

ImageImageImage
YO YO ITS YA BOI
The Eville Experience: http://www.rosegonzalesmusic.com/the-eville-experience
Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/artist/10Qbd3gcYrfIyZ89HCArCt?si=4KZfzqj5Qiq-rG0xFPjckA
BitchPudding

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby GAS KING » Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:04 am

Wish I smoked weed. NMS would be amazing.
GAS KING

experienced
experienced

Postby Andrew » Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:19 am

Picked up a dirt cheap RE5 ps4 physical copy. Haven't played it since like 09/10 where I played it to death. Its weird, I barely remember a thing about it (except maybe Matrix-Wesker) but it's surprisingly nostalgic.
Last edited by Andrew on Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Andrew

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Dapper Bandit » Thu Nov 16, 2017 6:57 am

Playing The Fractured But Whole, so far it feels like a great progression of Stick of Truth (Class system and combat have been changed for the better) and the game itself plays like a feature length episode of the show. Which is what all the South Park games should have been (I'm looking at you, uninspired FPS on the N64...).
Bringing Brought the noise in Whitechapel Murders
Bandcamp
Facebook
Dapper Bandit

committed
committed

Postby UglyCasanova » Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:02 am

Andrew wrote:Picked up a dirt cheap RE5 physical copy. Haven't played it since like 09/10 where I played it to death. Its weird, I barely remember a thing about it (except maybe Matrix-Wesker) but it's surprisingly nostalgic.

One of the best co-op games ever. :love:
UglyCasanova

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Andrew » Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:38 am

It still looks super good on PS4 too. Some of the cutscenes seem weirdly slow sometimes - but the grimy hallways with dark lighting is holds up really well. I'll stick around with it.

Bought RE:Revelations for the 3rd time on PS4 too. I can't fault Capcom for selling everything all over again because people still buy em.
Andrew

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby MechaGodzilla » Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:04 am

Dapper Bandit wrote:Playing The Fractured But Whole, so far it feels like a great progression of Stick of Truth (Class system and combat have been changed for the better) and the game itself plays like a feature length episode of the show. Which is what all the South Park games should have been (I'm looking at you, uninspired FPS on the N64...).

:lol: :lol: that game had the same engine as Turok i think, made by the same studio, so had the same philosophy towards weapons (the widest, wackiest variety possible). With cheats on, 12-yr-old me had some fun afternoons with south park 64!
MechaGodzilla

IAMILF
IAMILF

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion