The Automotive (& other mechanized vehicles) thread

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: The Automotive (& other mechanized vehicles) thread

Postby lordgalvar » Thu Aug 16, 2018 11:54 am

Yup.

I am basically building Falcon XR.
-Ring Mods!
"I make you chocolate"
    -comesect69-via-Majin Buu-by-way-of-Dirge/mtl.asm and special consideration from CA Anderton
lordgalvar

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Chankgeez » Thu Aug 16, 2018 11:57 am

:lol: :D

Throw in a few of these in different colors for good measure:

… and a few of these too:

psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby lordgalvar » Thu Aug 16, 2018 12:11 pm

Relay and switches...

That'd be the coolest a/c switch ever.

Eh, I could just make it turn on the hazards for when I break down on the 405.

But I do have a super charger around here (from a Buick).

There is this guy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOWFECDUxEw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UAeOS_8-KJ4
-Ring Mods!
"I make you chocolate"
    -comesect69-via-Majin Buu-by-way-of-Dirge/mtl.asm and special consideration from CA Anderton
lordgalvar

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Achtane » Sat Aug 18, 2018 7:47 pm

Chankgeez wrote::lol: :D

Throw in a few of these in different colors for good measure:

I've been trying to figure out what the hell these switches are called for a long time now. I don't know why it was so difficult. It's a push-pull switch :facepalm:
Often used for the exhaust brake system in big diesels, apparently. I totally want to strap one to my shift lever and have it do.........something. My fiancee got me a big shiny oogah horn from the 70's for my birthday that needs to be installed, hmmmmm...

I went to a car show today. Mostly it was shiny 50s-70s cars with a few ooooold ones thrown in. Very sweet. I haven't been able to go the past few years because my job schedules always sucked.
My favorite car entered was a late 80s-early 90s unmolested Honda Civic parked amongst a bunch of fancy Mustangs :lol:
The highlight of the show, though, was this SUPER ULTRA BADASS Chevy Corvair wagon. Air-cooled engine underneath a panel in the back, automatic transmission controlled by a tiny lever on the dashboard. The old dude who owns it didn't even enter it into the show, he just drove it there and parked it outside. He said that it was bought from a New Jersey junkyard with no floor whatsoever, but he fixed it up and traveled the country with his wife. It has over 400,000 miles. That car and that dude were so fucking cool.

Bonus pic of my dad geeking out over a turbo MR2:

I made a google album of some bad car photography: https://photos.app.goo.gl/BAmpwM4SYYSXM4fW8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Louy7zH9guw
sonidero wrote:Roll a plus 13 for fire and with my immunity to wack I dodge the cough and pass a turn to chill and look at these rocks...

kbithecrowing wrote:Making out with my girl friday night, I couldn't stop thinking about flangers.

Achtane

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Chankgeez » Sun Aug 26, 2018 3:07 pm

psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby Achtane » Sun Sep 02, 2018 8:29 pm

sonidero wrote:Roll a plus 13 for fire and with my immunity to wack I dodge the cough and pass a turn to chill and look at these rocks...

kbithecrowing wrote:Making out with my girl friday night, I couldn't stop thinking about flangers.

Achtane

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Chankgeez » Sun Sep 02, 2018 8:38 pm

Dude, she's ripped & rad! :!!!:
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Achtane » Sun Sep 02, 2018 11:57 pm

Yeah, she's a bad motherfucker.

Achtane

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby crochambeau » Mon Sep 03, 2018 12:44 am

I'm building up a head of steam to pull this car up to my house. Hasn't been a regular runner in about 13 years, last drive was a hair over 10 years ago.

Challenges:

Mice have chewed through the wiring harness.
Needs disc brakes up front before it drives (drum brake fade was a huge reason I stopped driving it), but this conversion will demand I put larger wheels on the car (14" stock)
Needs a transmission seal replaced.
Wants a 4 barrel carb, unless I get a bug in my ass and look to convert to FI.
I seem to recall something funky with one of the cylinders, but at this point I'm probably better off pulling the engine for a rebuild.
Driver side exhaust pipe needs replaced.
Rust issues, but nothing super deep. I should do glass out work on it though and I expect to see a lot of sheetmetal work.
Couple minor dents I'd prefer to leave to professionals.
I've got to get off my ass and bring to reality that what has been quoted through existence.

Rochambeau Musical Apparatus
Reverb storefront
Shark Tank
crochambeau

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby BetterOffShred » Mon Sep 03, 2018 2:28 am

'64 impala? Maybe a 63.. straight up G ride dawg. Dre mobile. So jealous. Drop a small block 350 in there, new wiring harness, mmm mmm. :!!!:
BetterOffShred

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby crochambeau » Mon Sep 03, 2018 11:20 am

BetterOffShred wrote:'64 impala? Maybe a 63.. straight up G ride dawg. Dre mobile. So jealous. Drop a small block 350 in there, new wiring harness, mmm mmm. :!!!:

'64 Bel Air (one chrome package down from the Impala). I'm told it's got a 327 in it, but it's definitely not original and the numbers are all over the place (franken-engine style); part of plucking the engine would be to find out what's there.

She's fun to drive, though a touch thirsty so her daily driver days are long gone.
I've got to get off my ass and bring to reality that what has been quoted through existence.

Reverb storefront
Shark Tank
crochambeau

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby BetterOffShred » Mon Sep 03, 2018 12:17 pm

That's super cool man. I have never cared about numbers matching or anything.. like who am I? Barrett Jackson? That thing needs some Cragar mags and some royal blue metal flake paint..

327 was common, 62-69 had a ton of them. It's a good engine IMO, easy and cheap to milk the HP s out of. I'm definitely following this one!
BetterOffShred

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby crochambeau » Mon Sep 03, 2018 5:26 pm

BetterOffShred wrote:That thing needs some Cragar mags and some royal blue metal flake paint..

If I can manage to budget it I'd like to go with something like this:

..but finding cast 8-spoke wheels is tough, 5-spoke are plentiful but I don't like them nearly as much. I'll probably wind up going with rally wheels and a clean hubcap for budgetary reasons.

Blue sparkle sounds fancy, but I'll probably keep the simple white for its understated elegance.

Reverb storefront
Shark Tank
crochambeau

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Chankgeez » Mon Sep 03, 2018 5:34 pm

I'd go with a royal purple metal flake paint, but that's even fancier. :lol:

(I think the simple white {or maybe a baby blue} is the right choice here though.)
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby BetterOffShred » Mon Sep 03, 2018 5:51 pm

Nice wheels for sure Crochambeau! Those are dope. The body looks pretty straight, did you get it that clean, or did you have to do some work?
BetterOffShred

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion