Shitty movies

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: Shitty movies

Postby rustywire » Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:27 pm

comesect2.0 wrote:When I read that, sharon stone appeared in my head saying "now you've done it..NOW YOU'VE DONE IT!" .... the actress in gits movie dumpd her husband because she cailmed marriage is too weird for her and she wanted to experience everyman...in so many words that's what she said...she's easy...one of yall trackher down quick

Heh :lol: once upon a time I thought that was just more campy bad acting in line with the rest of the film/that scene in paticular :whoa:
After a few watches it occurred to me that was "the signal" for the armed heavies to breach the room.

1990 Total Recall...I must have seen it 50 times. One of my most rewatchable titles, even on mute. That aesthetic.
[B/S/T shoutouts] Shortlist: Hollow Earth|Ct5|856|Condor|Thermae|OP-1|half track reel2reel|Prophet6 ... :whoa:
rfurtkamp wrote:The only transparent thing I own is a set of drinking glasses.
rustywire

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby calfzilla » Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:37 pm

How are we thirteen pages into this without a single Troma reference????? No Toxic Avenger, no Poultrygeist?

Also, for you Italian lovers... Zombi 2 (WITH A ZOMBIE SHARK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Ever go back and watch a movie from your childhood and it completely ruins the nostalgia? Any "3 Ninjas" movie, Urban Commando, and Mr. Nanny. How did we (I) watch that???

Oh, and who can forget the magical effects of Simon Sez?
I, myself, am a shit post
calfzilla

experienced
experienced

Postby rustywire » Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:45 pm

calfzilla wrote:How are we thirteen pages into this without a single Troma reference????? No Toxic Avenger, no Poultrygeist?

1st page, 4th reply :hello:
NSFW: show
rustywire wrote:As a kid I was mesmerized by the 80s horror movie cover/poster art, and used to regularly spend time admiring displays at the local Grand Union supermarket, which used to rent video tapes and Nintendo games.
As an adolescent I had cable tv in my bedroom & used to watch USA Up All Night with Gilbert Gottfried or Rhonda Shear. Fond memories watching films like The Toxic Avenger while chatting with pals on Prodigy/AOL when I should have been in bed :bear:
As a young adult, in the early 00s I worked in the video store that had been a previous hangout spot; back when they still existed in everytown USA. Watched so much crap there, stuff so bad it's good, some that should be destroyed, and others that are so fun I have no idea how anyone can hate on them. Dystopian future/post-apoc/weird outerspace/sci-fi style movies are probably my favorite style of "shitty movies"
Yes to Judge Dredd...but Demolition Man and Timecop are much better examples.
[B/S/T shoutouts] Shortlist: Hollow Earth|Ct5|856|Condor|Thermae|OP-1|half track reel2reel|Prophet6 ... :whoa:
rfurtkamp wrote:The only transparent thing I own is a set of drinking glasses.
rustywire

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby comesect2.0 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:03 pm

troma movies arent movies, their just shit. fuck that Kaufman guy..now him and his partner has distro some good movies, and toxie was a child hood icon for me..still got the cartoon toyzzz heheheh.
i say bad about Kaufman because of terror firmer
comesect2.0

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby calfzilla » Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:14 pm

rustywire wrote:
calfzilla wrote:How are we thirteen pages into this without a single Troma reference????? No Toxic Avenger, no Poultrygeist?

1st page, 4th reply :hello:
rustywire wrote:As a kid I was mesmerized by the 80s horror movie cover/poster art, and used to regularly spend time admiring displays at the local Grand Union supermarket, which used to rent video tapes and Nintendo games.
As an adolescent I had cable tv in my bedroom & used to watch USA Up All Night with Gilbert Gottfried or Rhonda Shear. Fond memories watching films like The Toxic Avenger while chatting with pals on Prodigy/AOL when I should have been in bed :bear:
As a young adult, in the early 00s I worked in the video store that had been a previous hangout spot; back when they still existed in everytown USA. Watched so much crap there, stuff so bad it's good, some that should be destroyed, and others that are so fun I have no idea how anyone can hate on them. Dystopian future/post-apoc/weird outerspace/sci-fi style movies are probably my favorite style of "shitty movies"
Yes to Judge Dredd...but Demolition Man and Timecop are much better examples.

:facepalm: :picard: :facepalm: :picard:

Is there a :gloss: emoji? Because that's what always gets me.
calfzilla

experienced
experienced

Postby $harkToootth » Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:42 pm

It's all good stuff. I feel like Troma movies are prerequisites you know? Kind of like if you tell someone you're really into film and the first thing they ask is "Have you seen the SHAWSHANK REDEMPTION?" You're like 1. Of course 2. It's a really bland film anyway.
"SWIPE LEFT ASSHOLE!" -retinal orbita
"Whatever ASSHOLE here’s my pedal that makes humpback whale noises and also it has a built in sequencer so stick it in your craw! -retinal orbita
"Patty Mullen takes me from a ball peen to a sledge" -The Great Velvet Hammer
"...at this exact moment Divine has learned of your jealous scheme from the local town gossip. She also has your address, ASS HOLE!" -Narrator (Mr. J) PINK FLAMINGOS
1 bird per post please
$harkToootth

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby $harkToootth » Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:31 pm

DR. JEKYLL AND MRS OSBORNE is proof even great directors are not impervious to making really bad movies. Highly not recommended and this is coming from someone who adores Walerian Borrowczyk. The most redeeming thing in this film is an original score from Bernard Parmegiani (I had no idea he did film scores. Apparently he did another Borrowczyk film).
Udo Kier was in it and he stars in two of my favorite Paul Morrissey flicks.
FLESH FOR FRANKENSTEIN
BLOOD FOR DRACULA
NSFW cause of size.
"Whatever ASSHOLE here’s my pedal that makes humpback whale noises and also it has a built in sequencer so stick it in your craw! -retinal orbita
"...at this exact moment Divine has learned of your jealous scheme from the local town gossip. She also has your address, ASS HOLE!" -Narrator (Mr. J) PINK FLAMINGOS
1 bird per post please
$harkToootth

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby BetterOffShred » Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:05 pm

The Libertine .. worst movie I've ever seen.
BetterOffShred

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby calfzilla » Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:24 am

$harkToootth wrote:It's all good stuff. I feel like Troma movies are prerequisites you know? Kind of like if you tell someone you're really into film and the first thing they ask is "Have you seen the SHAWSHANK REDEMPTION?" You're like 1. Of course 2. It's a really bland film anyway.

I usually skip the prereqs... Don't ask me what classic movies I haven't seen :no:

Does Pi count? Or is that going to get me mobbed?
calfzilla

experienced
experienced

Postby blakestree » Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:24 am

I just watched Morons from Outer Space, yesterday. It was magnificent. At least as good as any Monty Python movie I've seen.
While leaves shall fall, do branches intertwine, that we remain bound.

Blake's Tree
blakestree

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby gnomethrone » Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:06 pm

calfzilla wrote: I usually skip the prereqs... Don't ask me what classic movies I haven't seen :no:

Are you asking if its a prereq or a shitty movie? Maybe its both? :lol: I loved it when I was 16 but I tried to get my wife to watch it a few weeks ago and we both ended up looking at our phones and then deciding to just do something else. After watching "Mother!" Im not sure I even like Aronofsky any more.
good dealings here:
Ancient Astronaught, fuzzlord!, onyxrhino, lordgalvar, JoeTheStache, kbit, BoatRich, oscillateur, grindonomicon, doommeow, fever606, Bearstripes, Casavettes, Faldoe, jellyfishfuzz, morange, Teej212, MEC, ianmarks, JWAR, Raj007
gnomethrone

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby calfzilla » Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:14 pm

gnomethrone wrote:
calfzilla wrote: I usually skip the prereqs... Don't ask me what classic movies I haven't seen :no:

Are you asking if its a prereq or a shitty movie? Maybe its both? :lol: I loved it when I was 16 but I tried to get my wife to watch it a few weeks ago and we both ended up looking at our phones and then deciding to just do something else. After watching "Mother!" Im not sure I even like Aronofsky any more.

Shitty movie! I don't know if you can call something that unwatchable as a prereq unless you're just trying to keep someone out of a club. One kid made a game out of it like the Tylenol PM game; get fucked up and see how long you could make it through Pi before you fell asleep.
calfzilla

experienced
experienced

Postby $harkToootth » Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:23 pm

@calfzilla - I was trying to be funny. I apologize if I came off as an elitist of shitty movies or something.

Yeah, regarding Arnofsky, I personally don't care for his work but I wouldn't dub it as shitty. You can tell he's a very smart guy, I just find his movies a little self-indulgent. He gets great performances out of actors, I just don't think he's the strongest writer. REQUIEM FOR A DREAM would be the pre-req movie out of his oeuvre for people getting into 'indie' cinema or "disturbing movies" :lol: :idk:
1 bird per post please
$harkToootth

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby $harkToootth » Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:29 pm

As an addendum for my anti-elitism...the week of Christmas I re-watched the original SCARY MOVIE and could not stop laughing so factor that in when you read my movie opinions :lol:

EDIT: What do Darren Aronofsky and SCARY MOVIE have in common you ask? Both came out in 2000 and both had prominent roles from Marlon Wayans. Two drastically different roles showing tremendous range. Take that Daniel Day Lewis.
1 bird per post please
$harkToootth

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby calfzilla » Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:33 pm

$harkToootth wrote:@calfzilla - I was trying to be funny. I apologize if I came off as an elitist of shitty movies or something.

Yeah, regarding Arnofsky, I personally don't care for his work but I wouldn't dub it as shitty. You can tell he's a very smart guy, I just find his movies a little self-indulgent. He gets great performances out of actors, I just don't think he's the strongest writer. REQUIEM FOR A DREAM would be the pre-req movie out of his oeuvre for people getting into 'indie' cinema or "disturbing movies" :lol: :idk:

Nah I got the joke. I literally meant I'm terrible at seeing prereq movies. Most of the "classics" (unless you count horror)? Yeah, no interest. But maybe I'm just a shitty movie noob :!!!:

I've seen a few of Aronofsky's films.. Pi was just tough to watch. I guess one of my criteria for "shitty movie" is "I can't stand to finish it".

Any fans of Feast? Or Black Sheep?
calfzilla

experienced
experienced

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion