Shitty movies

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: Shitty movies

Postby Chankgeez » Tue Sep 05, 2017 2:30 pm

$harkToootth wrote:Image

Nice sword. :engarde:
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby $harkToootth » Tue Sep 05, 2017 3:49 pm

Among actors robbed of Academy Awards...Joe D'Allesandro and Jane Forth are some the most tragic. TRASH - 1970

"The only thing we've got that's worth stealing is this damn PLANT!"
"SWIPE LEFT ASSHOLE!" -retinal orbita
"Whatever ASSHOLE here’s my pedal that makes humpback whale noises and also it has a built in sequencer so stick it in your craw! -retinal orbita
"Patty Mullen takes me from a ball peen to a sledge" -The Great Velvet Hammer
"...at this exact moment Divine has learned of your jealous scheme from the local town gossip. She also has your address, ASS HOLE!" -Narrator (Mr. J) PINK FLAMINGOS
1 bird per post please
$harkToootth

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby sears » Wed Sep 06, 2017 10:30 am

$harkToootth wrote:That movie is just awesome and changed my life too. I wouldn't call it 'shitty'. Totally 'trashy' though as most Poliziotteschi movies are.
That opening sequence...nothing like it.
Favorite movie of that genre is WHAT HAVE THEY DONE TO YOUR DAUGHTERS? again, I wouldn't consider that film 'shitty' by any stretch.

yeah, trashy. I love the theme song "Maggie."

I guess "shitty" denotes something that doesn't realize what it is. Maybe I don't like shitty movies. Clifford, Cabin Boy, Hudson Hawk, even Die Hard II while I'm at it, are bad movies I love. They succeed on their own terms so they're not shitty. Or something like that.
sears

committed
committed

Postby $harkToootth » Wed Sep 06, 2017 11:05 am

Sorry, didn't mean to get into semantics. I just LOVE that movie. Besides how outrageous the content is...it's actually a pretty well made film.
The actor Ray Lovelock (who plays Tony) did the music. I love those Italian exploitation films cause you can pretty much look up any actor and director and find a wealth of awesome movies.
Ruggero Deodato, the director of LIVE LIKE A COP, DIE LIKE A MAN, is probably most famous for CANNIBAL HOLOCAUST, which has one of my all time favorite movie soundtracks.
"Whatever ASSHOLE here’s my pedal that makes humpback whale noises and also it has a built in sequencer so stick it in your craw! -retinal orbita
"...at this exact moment Divine has learned of your jealous scheme from the local town gossip. She also has your address, ASS HOLE!" -Narrator (Mr. J) PINK FLAMINGOS
1 bird per post please
$harkToootth

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby rustywire » Wed Sep 06, 2017 11:31 am

$harkToootth wrote:Sorry, didn't mean to get into semantics. I just LOVE that movie. Besides how outrageous the content is...it's actually a pretty well made film.
The actor Ray Lovelock (who plays Tony) did the music. I love those Italian exploitation films cause you can pretty much look up any actor and director and find a wealth of awesome movies.
Ruggero Deodato, the director of LIVE LIKE A COP, DIE LIKE A MAN, is probably most famous for CANNIBAL HOLOCAUST, which has one of my all time favorite movie soundtracks.

HECK yeah. I sampled, filtered & looped about :15-:30 from the CH OST in 2007, this exact track. The first 30s is so unsettling before ascending, it's magnificent.
[B/S/T shoutouts] Shortlist: Hollow Earth|Ct5|856|Condor|Thermae|OP-1|half track reel2reel|Prophet6 ... :whoa:
rfurtkamp wrote:The only transparent thing I own is a set of drinking glasses.
rustywire

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Kacey Y » Wed Sep 06, 2017 3:42 pm

$harkToootth wrote:If I see any actor from a Happy Madison production...I am 100% in...
Next time I make an equipment recommendation...please remember that I think STRANGE WILDERNESS is one of the funniest movies ever made.
SPOILER:
NSFW: show

I saw this movie in the theater and it was me, two friends, and two guys 10 rows away that were conspicuously smoking weed and laughing hysterically at every part of the movie that wasn't a joke. My two friends hated the flick and got INTENSELY mad at me because I wouldn't walk out of the movie (I was their ride) and loudly huffed and complained the whole time. I've never walked out on a movie and I never will. I didn't like the movie, but the experience might have colored my opinion, I've never watched it since. I honestly can't remember anything about it other than the premise.
Appalachian Queer Punk Moms Local 138
Kacey Y

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby BetterOffShred » Thu Sep 07, 2017 4:09 pm

Watched "The Last Boyscout" last night for the first time in probably 5 years. Tony Scott was fantastic. That movie is just full of hilarity and terrible one-liners.
BetterOffShred

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby $harkToootth » Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:23 pm

This wasn't a bad movie. It actually won an award at Cannes the year it came out. I love most the actors in this film but you only really need to see two scenes and not sit through the full 2 hours and 15 minutes.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yrWdRyQCiGQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qHhjhtdmTR0
1 bird per post please
$harkToootth

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Fluffytime » Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:01 am

Meow.
Fluffytime

committed
committed

Postby Fluffytime » Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:06 am

Meow.
Fluffytime

committed
committed

Postby Fluffytime » Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:08 am

Lol, "Sushi Typhoon".
Meow.
Fluffytime

committed
committed

Postby Andrew » Tue Sep 19, 2017 7:50 am

Real talk;

I absolutely fucking love Tron: Legacy and so many people like to tear it apart. The fools.

Also, 'Only God Forgives' is brilliant on the 2nd viewing when your inner Hipster Cinema-snob kicks in.
Andrew

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby $harkToootth » Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:51 am

There is a thread of me saying somewhere (I know exactly where it is, I'm pretending to be cool) that ONLY GOD FORGIVES is a masterpiece. I stand by it. Pope loves that movie too. It must be an Australian thing (which I am 'not' but everyone I know that loves that movie is [anecdotal...whatever])
1 bird per post please
$harkToootth

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby ibarakishi » Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:00 am

just found this thread, subbed immediately
good deals/trades/business with: JonnyAngle, rdw102, crochambeau, worra, $harkToootth, Olin, fuzzonaut, friendship, ianmarks, digi2t
ibarakishi

experienced
experienced

Postby BetterOffShred » Tue Sep 19, 2017 4:27 pm

Andrew wrote:Real talk;

I absolutely fucking love Tron: Legacy and so many people like to tear it apart. The fools.

Yeah man, It's pretty legendary. I read all the news about Tr3n when it was supposed to happen, and Olivia Wilde was just bitching about having to fit into the rubber costume, and she was glad it got shelved because she hated that part. I mean.. are you shitting me? That's what you have to complain about? The Sam Flynn actor (I won't even bother to look up his name) is kind of worthless IMO, but it's such a solid movie visually and otherwise that I don't really notice. And then of course Jeff Bridges playing the space hippy stuck in a computer for 3 decades is pretty classic, and probably not really a whole lot of acting involved for him ;)
Great movie.
BetterOffShred

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion