Shitty movies

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: Shitty movies

Postby $harkToootth » Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:01 pm

Per the 'Good Bad Bad Bad' channel I have been introduced to the work of Alex Maisonette
"SWIPE LEFT ASSHOLE!" -retinal orbita
"Whatever ASSHOLE here’s my pedal that makes humpback whale noises and also it has a built in sequencer so stick it in your craw! -retinal orbita
"Patty Mullen takes me from a ball peen to a sledge" -The Great Velvet Hammer
"...at this exact moment Divine has learned of your jealous scheme from the local town gossip. She also has your address, ASS HOLE!" -Narrator (Mr. J) PINK FLAMINGOS
1 bird per post please
$harkToootth

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby BetterOffShred » Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:56 pm

calfzilla wrote:That might be the greatest Seagal movie ever. I don't mean the concept; I mean that trailer.

I'd watch the whole movie if it existed
BetterOffShred

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby calfzilla » Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:58 pm

I'd watch "Don't" and "Thanksgiving" and "Werewolf Women of the S.S." if they existed too.
I, myself, am a shit post
calfzilla

experienced
experienced

Postby Animal Rescue » Sat Feb 24, 2018 6:07 am

Corey Y wrote:I want someone to make a movie called HEADSMASHER. There's a guy and smashes heads. Really just smashes the shit out of them. Maybe with a shovel, maybe with a big mallet, the details aren't important, let the prop guys figure that out. Is he the good guy? Is he the villain? Irrelevant, there are heads out there and they're not going to smash themselves. Maybe there could be a twist in the third act where we find out that HEADSMASHER doesn't even actually have a head of his own. Not that, that's a bad twist, but something like that.

I was so stoked to see this movie until I realized it's an idea, a GREAT idea, but not a movie. I was ready to shoot off to IMDB and hunt that sucker down. Headsmasher ... priceless!
Animal Rescue (Mass Extinction)
https://soundcloud.com/animal-rescue-me
Animal Rescue

interested
interested

Postby MechaGodzilla » Tue Feb 27, 2018 9:19 am

Corey Y wrote:I want someone to make a movie called HEADSMASHER. There's a guy and smashes heads. Really just smashes the shit out of them. Maybe with a shovel, maybe with a big mallet, the details aren't important, let the prop guys figure that out. Is he the good guy? Is he the villain? Irrelevant, there are heads out there and they're not going to smash themselves. Maybe there could be a twist in the third act where we find out that HEADSMASHER doesn't even actually have a head of his own. Not that, that's a bad twist, but something like that.

This kind of sounds like Greasy Strangler, which I could only endure till the halfway point. Films like Rubber that manage to be funny as well as tacky and B a d are fine, Greasy Strangler was nothing but gross-out, weird-for-weird's sake bullcrap
MechaGodzilla

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Kacey Y » Tue Feb 27, 2018 9:23 am

I heard/read about Greasy Strangler and never watched it. Same with Hobo With A Shotgun. I was like "Hm...ok, I get it. No need to see it". I watched Turbo Kid and I was barely on board with that. On paper it seems like I would love those intentionally weird/low budget/throwback grindhouse style aesthetic style flicks, but I rarely do.
Appalachian Queer Punk Moms Local 138
Kacey Y

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby MechaGodzilla » Tue Feb 27, 2018 10:39 am

See Turbo Kid had heart and it felt like the people were invested in it. I imagine most of the budget went on Michael Ironside and the few bits of sfx but it seemed like its head was in the right place.
MechaGodzilla

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby calfzilla » Tue Feb 27, 2018 10:46 am

Is it ok to have been so bored with radius that I stopped paying attention 15 minutes in?
calfzilla

experienced
experienced

Postby Kacey Y » Tue Feb 27, 2018 11:07 am

MechaGodzilla wrote:See Turbo Kid had heart and it felt like the people were invested in it. I imagine most of the budget went on Michael Ironside and the few bits of sfx but it seemed like its head was in the right place.

I think the little edge movies like that have is that they're TRYING to be good. There are a lot of movies where it seems like they're trying to be bad as an artistic statement. To the point where they're clearly directing actors to ham it up and be kind of terrible on purpose and cheap out on props and visual effects. Which to me feels like parody, where as Turbo Kid felt more like homage and trying to stretch a minimal budget as far as possible. The tongue in cheek part is just in the premise, where they do that whole "it's the post apocalyptic future...the year 1997!" type stuff, which I'm fine with. I'm ok with cheese where it's played straight. It's the straight material played corny that loses me. Like when you have a horror movie or a murder mystery or action plot and everything is cheesy and bad on purpose and everything seems vaguely 70's/80's.
Appalachian Queer Punk Moms Local 138
Kacey Y

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby $harkToootth » Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:52 pm

This movie gets posted on youtube (as of August 2019, it has been up for 4 months) but then gets removed. My suggestion is, if you are even borderline curious, when it's up 1. Rip it 2. Save the file for later... because you won't know when it's getting posted again.
AFTER LAST SEASON is considered by many the worst film of all time. I would disagree. It's not for those who cannot handle it's abstract expression.
This is not a 'so bad it's good' ala THE ROOM or SAMURAI COP. I don't think most people will have "fun" watching this. I think this is the only movie I would use the word "dissociating" to describe. It's truly like a low third plateau robo-trip. A complete deconstruction of "what is" and "isn't" and "both" a "film".
"Whatever ASSHOLE here’s my pedal that makes humpback whale noises and also it has a built in sequencer so stick it in your craw! -retinal orbita
"...at this exact moment Divine has learned of your jealous scheme from the local town gossip. She also has your address, ASS HOLE!" -Narrator (Mr. J) PINK FLAMINGOS
1 bird per post please
$harkToootth

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby calfzilla » Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:35 am

$harky!!!!!!!!! Thanks for the rec!
calfzilla

experienced
experienced

Postby Lurker13 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:22 pm

Welcome back, $harky! Good to see you again. :yay:
coldbrightsunlight wrote:Hey man, you can do what you want in this den of shame.
Lurker13

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby $harkToootth » Fri Aug 23, 2019 3:57 pm

Thanks both of you!

This is a weird one... I can’t get my hands on a copy. I only have one friend who “may or may not” have “scene it”.
BLOOD CIRCUS 1987. Image is safe for work, just rather large. This is one of those... probably just as interesting to read about, as watch scenarios. The only movie I know of that involved a much larger jewelry credit scam in the making of.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_1GY93EWwwY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7GM6jlqPt9k
NSFW: show
1 bird per post please
$harkToootth

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby $harkToootth » Fri Aug 23, 2019 4:01 pm

Another “highly not recommended” SOV from 1991.
DREAM STALKER.
1 bird per post please
$harkToootth

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby $harkToootth » Sun Aug 25, 2019 8:27 pm

I have never been so underwhelmed and overwhelmed at the same time. This was recommended by the people at Everything Is Terrible 666.
1 bird per post please
$harkToootth

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion