The running thread

Moderator: Ghost Hip

The running thread

Postby goroth » Fri Mar 06, 2015 11:29 am

Do we have one of these yet?

If not: I like running. I like it a lot. I'm not particularly good at it but I dig it.

Currently training for a half marathon in May - Göteborgsvarvet. I'll have to see how training goes but here's my sliding scale of goals:
> 2 hours: depressed for a month
Under 2:00 = slightly bummed
Under 1:55 = neutral
Under 1:50 = happy
Under 1:45 = buying champagne

There's no real point to this post or thread. If you like running and want to post something moderately relevant go for it. :hug:
ALLisNOISE wrote:you can dial in some wonderfully smeared 12bit cascades of cicadas leveling a hail of rockets against an army of rusty box fans!

Latest album out on all streaming services and bandcamp and what not.
Spotify /// Apple Music
My band /// Instagram ///Bandcamp ///
goroth

HERO
HERO

Re: The running thread

Postby coldbrightsunlight » Fri Mar 06, 2015 11:46 am

I love running! I'm currently building back up after a bit of a winter slump, trying to decide what half marathon to sign up for (probably summer), because I like having the goal as motivation to go out nearly every day.
füzz lover. Friend. Quilter evangelist.

I make music sometimes:

https://nitrx.bandcamp.com/

https://mediocrisy.bandcamp.com/

https://fleshcouch.bandcamp.com
coldbrightsunlight

Supporter
Supporter

Postby D.o.S. » Fri Mar 06, 2015 11:55 am

ew.
good deals are here.
escapecraft is here.
UglyCasanova wrote: It's not the expensive programs you use, it's the way you click and drag.

Achtane wrote:
comesect2.0 wrote:Michael Jackson king tut little Richard in your butt.

IT'S THE ENNNND OF THE WORRRLD AS WE KNOW IT
D.o.S.

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby futuresailors » Fri Mar 06, 2015 11:59 am

Have fun with shitty knees and dying early.
Tom Dalton wrote:You're a dumbass for making this thread to begin with. :hello:

magiclawnchair wrote:fuck that bitter old man

smile_man wrote:
ifeellikeatourist wrote:Pedals aren't everything, yada, yada, yeah I know.

fuck you.

McSpunckle wrote:I ctrl+f'd mountain goats and decided we aren't friends anymore.
futuresailors

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Greenfuz » Fri Mar 06, 2015 2:47 pm

I think I could run for maybe a few minutes before I cough up half my insides and collapse into a puddle
Greenfuz

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby antennafarm » Fri Mar 06, 2015 5:53 pm

love-hate relationship with running. mostly "love to hate," hyuk.

unfortunately, now with back issues, running pretty much just feels like getting kicked in the tailbone.
ANTIMAGIC MEDIA - antimagic.net
antennafarm

experienced
experienced

Postby Achtane » Fri Mar 06, 2015 6:57 pm

D.o.S. wrote:ew.

futuresailors wrote:Have fun with shitty knees and dying early.

Greenfuz wrote:I think I could run for maybe a few minutes before I cough up half my insides and collapse into a puddle
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Louy7zH9guw
sonidero wrote:Roll a plus 13 for fire and with my immunity to wack I dodge the cough and pass a turn to chill and look at these rocks...

kbithecrowing wrote:Making out with my girl friday night, I couldn't stop thinking about flangers.

Achtane

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Eivind August » Sat Mar 07, 2015 6:59 pm

Running is great. Love running around in forests, jumping over natural obstacles and stuff. Not running on asphalt, though.
https://irerror.bandcamp.com/

friendship wrote:You motherfuckers think I won't fuck up a couple octoroks and assemble the Triforce?

Deals:
NSFW: show
succor, UncleBBQ, jerms, marco.desan, jwar, robapov, Tom Dalton, Gigahearts_FX, frigid midget, K2000, Tristan, untilshewokeme, backwardsvoyager, Strange Tales, brandsmannen, Ugly Casanova, goroth, Abanoise, Casavettes, multi_s, oldangelmidnight, Jero, Inconuucl, Dungus, christianatl, doralin, Wittgenstein, worra, D.o.S, rfurtkamp, blankfield, sillyfabe
Eivind August

HERO
HERO

Postby cedarskies » Sat Mar 07, 2015 8:23 pm

i love to run, but then i always end up getting too excited about it and end up sidelined for a little while. woods is best, but running in the same woods all the time is boring. so i always end up on the roads at night. all this run talk, i'm going to go for a run right now.
cedarskies

committed
committed

Postby hbombgraphics » Sat Mar 07, 2015 11:26 pm

I love t Run,
winter here has been brutal, gotta get back int it.

hope you crush that half Goroth!
Gunner Recall wrote:This thread is bad and everyone in it should feel bad.

Iommic Pope wrote:This thread is mediocre at best, but I encourage everyone posting in it to feel as awesome as possible.

https://soundcloud.com/hbombgraphics
hbombgraphics

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby goroth » Sun Mar 08, 2015 3:55 am

hbombgraphics wrote:I love t Run,
winter here has been brutal, gotta get back int it.

hope you crush that half Goroth!

:thumb:

I mean, a half marathon isn't too hard to just you know, make the distance, but I'd really like to do a decent time. Pretty pumped and it's nice to have a goal with my training. Gotta start doing some intervals. But I don't want to hahaha. Also have to start doing some hill training - the last couple of kilometers of the track for the half marathon are up an incline that is steep enough to kill you at the end, but not steep enough to make it look like anything serious. Cheeky.

Monkey - come over and run the Stockholm half marathon at the end of the summer!

http://www.stockholmhalvmarathon.se/Sta ... m?Lan_ID=3

But it's super expensive.

A shorter, but super fun race is the Midnattsloppet - which is run at night through central Stockholm.
http://midnattsloppet.com/en/stockholm/
ALLisNOISE wrote:you can dial in some wonderfully smeared 12bit cascades of cicadas leveling a hail of rockets against an army of rusty box fans!

Spotify /// Apple Music
goroth

HERO
HERO

Postby coldbrightsunlight » Sun Mar 08, 2015 5:17 am

I'll think about it! Stockholm seemed like a beautiful city when I went recently and I was disappointed I didn't get to spend enough time there...

It is on the pricy side though, and that's ignoring the cost of getting there and being there for the weekend. On the cards if I can convince some friends to go and make a bit of a holiday out of it.
füzz lover. Friend. Quilter evangelist.

I make music sometimes:

https://nitrx.bandcamp.com/

https://mediocrisy.bandcamp.com/

https://fleshcouch.bandcamp.com
coldbrightsunlight

Supporter
Supporter

Postby sears » Tue Mar 10, 2015 2:19 pm

I run a hilly three miles a day in half an hour. Never run a race or played a sport. No desire to compete. I run for my mental health and because I can't afford a gym. I've gradually become a barefoot style runner in some zero drop New Balances.

Tendonitis sucks but running has gradually helped me get to know my body. The tendonitis coalesced around my Achilles so I started icing which enabled me to run longer between the forced breaks. Then I started getting sick to my stomach which led (after a year of trial and error) to giving up gluten, which cleared up my tendonitis. I still ice out of habit. Since giving up gluten I actually have muscle tone in my calves and I can run every day.
sears

committed
committed

Postby goroth » Tue Mar 10, 2015 2:29 pm

Awesome!

I really enjoy the loneliness of running (hi Iron Maiden). I never run with music, just a metronome. Awesome for clearing your head. At the pace I run only compete for the chance to improve myself, and for the adrenalin kick you get from running with thousands of people.

Last year I ran a seeding qualifier thing for the half marathon. It was only 10 km and I ran my best time ever - I think it was a tick under 47 minutes. And I was so boned. The last 500 metres were hell. What I love though was that the guy who ran the fastest did it in like 33 minutes or something. And I bet that last 500 felt like crap too. Same goes for the guy who made it in just under an hour. It's kinda cool seeing everyone trying their guts out, and their individual performance levels are maxed, but relative to each other there is no relation. Like, the guy who "won", he could literally have walked the last 4 mm and still finished before me haha. I love it.
Last edited by goroth on Tue Mar 10, 2015 4:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Spotify /// Apple Music
goroth

HERO
HERO

Postby hbombgraphics » Tue Mar 10, 2015 3:53 pm

goroth wrote:Awesome!

I really enjoy the loneliness of running (hi Iron Maiden). I never run with music, just a metronome. Awesome for clearing your head. At the pace I run only compete for the chance to improve myself, and for the adrenalin kick you get from running with thousands of people.

Last year I ran a seeding qualifier thing for the half marathon. It was only 10 mm and I ran my best time ever - I think it was a tick under 47 minutes. And I was so boned. The last 500 metres were hell. What I love though was that the guy who ran the fastest did it in like 33 minutes or something. And I bet that last 500 felt like crap too. Same goes for the guy who made it in just under an hour. It's kinda cool seeing everyone trying their guts out, and their individual performance levels are maxed, but relative to each other there is no relation. Like, the guy who "won", he could literally have walked the last 4 mm and still finished before me haha. I love it.

Probably the cool part of running is that you compete with yourself and that the last lap is killer for everyone.
I trained with a kid last year so he could do a 5k it was fun, but I went out and ran by myself a few times a week because I also like the loneliness of it.

nice sig btw
Gunner Recall wrote:This thread is bad and everyone in it should feel bad.

Iommic Pope wrote:This thread is mediocre at best, but I encourage everyone posting in it to feel as awesome as possible.

https://soundcloud.com/hbombgraphics
hbombgraphics

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Next

Return to General Discussion