Postby actual » Fri Jun 23, 2017 4:50 pm

Why not just use whey?
Mixing and mastering? Makeshift Audio
actual

IAMILF
IAMILF

Re: The running thread

Postby $harkToootth » Fri Jun 23, 2017 5:21 pm

I use both ha-ha! The hemp has a higher manganese, magnesium, zinc and iron count though. This is not indicative of all brands just the hemp brand I have now vs. Syntha-6. The hemp does blend better with fruits and veggies as opposed to Chocolate flavored Syntha-6.

I'm not picky or knowledgeable when it comes to supplements.
"SWIPE LEFT ASSHOLE!" -retinal orbita
"Whatever ASSHOLE here’s my pedal that makes humpback whale noises and also it has a built in sequencer so stick it in your craw! -retinal orbita
"Patty Mullen takes me from a ball peen to a sledge" -The Great Velvet Hammer
"...at this exact moment Divine has learned of your jealous scheme from the local town gossip. She also has your address, ASS HOLE!" -Narrator (Mr. J) PINK FLAMINGOS
1 bird per post please
$harkToootth

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby goroth » Sat Jun 24, 2017 3:31 pm

Yeah, quark is good shit, and it gets really light and fluffy when you make a shake out of it, which is a nice bonus.

I try and get 20g of protein in there and 60g of carbs within half an hour of running, and even before if I'm running on an empty stomach.

Other than that I'm not super knowledgeable about diet: i'll have to find the articles I was reading. There is sooooo much shit out there, but I found some good ones. Also found some interesting stuff about training inefficiently, by running too fast. Should post that too. 80/20 low intensity/high intensity. Should probably have bookmarked all sorts of things I found...
ALLisNOISE wrote:you can dial in some wonderfully smeared 12bit cascades of cicadas leveling a hail of rockets against an army of rusty box fans!

Latest album out on all streaming services and bandcamp and what not.
Spotify /// Apple Music
My band /// Instagram ///Bandcamp ///
goroth

HERO
HERO

Postby goroth » Sat Jun 24, 2017 3:35 pm

Alternatives to quark: nutrition-wise cottage cheese is close, but it might taste horrible in a shake. I suppose I could try it...
Philadelphia light, or better still lightest, will get you close as well. And I think that might strangely enough taste more acceptable in a smoothie.
ALLisNOISE wrote:you can dial in some wonderfully smeared 12bit cascades of cicadas leveling a hail of rockets against an army of rusty box fans!

Spotify /// Apple Music
goroth

HERO
HERO

Postby PeteeBee » Sun Jun 25, 2017 3:14 am

So this is a super old person move but I can definitely get down with eating some cottage cheese with fruit on it. Might become a new running snack...
Iommic Pope wrote:This is the best you've been.
Suffering suits you.

BitchPudding wrote:Let this be written in our history as proof that ILoveFuzz is one tight knit internet family.
PeteeBee

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby goroth » Sun Jun 25, 2017 6:40 am

Cottage cheese is great. Dunno why it gets dissed. Good snack with fruit and nuts, but it's also nice with tomato and salt and stuff. Approved!!

Spotify /// Apple Music
goroth

HERO
HERO

Postby $harkToootth » Wed Aug 09, 2017 12:23 pm

How is everyone's running going? I didn't listen to my own preaching and did not stretch before a kick ball game and pulled my quad (maybe not pulled it doesn't hurt that bad, just tight) so I've been out for two weeks. It has been nice to rest though

My last week of running I was taking full advantage of the heat. I did 5 miles in 95 degrees. I liken that to a conscious expanding experience! People were worried but I explained those that do the Hawaiian Ironman run in that temperature for oh...you know...26.2 MILES! (42.1 KM for those outside the states).
"Whatever ASSHOLE here’s my pedal that makes humpback whale noises and also it has a built in sequencer so stick it in your craw! -retinal orbita
"...at this exact moment Divine has learned of your jealous scheme from the local town gossip. She also has your address, ASS HOLE!" -Narrator (Mr. J) PINK FLAMINGOS
1 bird per post please
$harkToootth

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby $harkToootth » Wed Aug 09, 2017 12:27 pm

I should preface I have no intention of running anything beyond a 5K. Keeping it music related.
CRO-MAGS Vegan Ironman

The dude from YOUTH OF TODAY is a natural athlete too. I think he does Brazilian Jiu Jitsu
1 bird per post please
$harkToootth

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby baremountain » Wed Aug 09, 2017 1:16 pm

So when y'all go running, do you find it more useful to imagine you're running FROM or TO something? What motivates you, fear or devotion?

Do you ever envision your dreams and hopes as maintaining a safe distance ahead of you, imagining you will only stop running when you are close enough to tackle that son of a bitch and show them what the pavement tastes like?
Or are you instead the prey, running from a lifetime of underachievement, disillusionment, the imminent fall of late capitalism, and your own existential dread - destined to fall flat on your face just short of the finish line and resign yourself to defeat, admitting that running was just a frail attempt to assert control over your life like everything else?

Please discuss.
Inner Vegas wrote:I don't think anyone is Obama

#wheresthebirthcertificate #obamahoax

solo tunes:
completed works || loosey goosey releases
associated acts:
Raab Zamboni (fake jazz/real noise//sax, modular synth, editing, misc) || Field Guide (my best friends//sax on 2 tracks)

I make t-shirts, patches, koozies, buttons, CDs, sometimes tapes, and eventually i'll start working on pedals again. DM me for pricing!
baremountain

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby $harkToootth » Wed Aug 09, 2017 1:31 pm

I'm glad you asked cause none of those things apply to me. I've never been great with a regimented mediation so running and cycling (and walking) is that for me. When I used to swim, same thing. I was never about competing. Just thinking things through and learning about my body. In short, I get weird.

So the process of running is the summation of itself. There is no end goal so to speak (regarding time), it is intrinsic. I'm trying build kinesthetic intelligence and a mind body connection. This film had a huge influence on me. It's the same dance filmed 9 different ways (I can expound upon this).

I generally use running as a natural mood stabilizer and use it to think things out. There are more efficient ways to get cardio vascular exercise and less taxing methods, to "think things out", on the body (highly recommend float tanks but they are expensive). Running is just the easiest cause you just change your clothes and go.

I actually want to get more into dance because movement and music are so related. They way you move dictates the way you hear and process sound. Love the choreography to this track.
1 bird per post please
$harkToootth

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby coldbrightsunlight » Thu Aug 10, 2017 1:22 am

I like to run in a circle so thinking about from and too doesn't make much sense. I run to even out my mood, and while I'm not training for a race to keep up a base level of speed and endurance. I'm not slays as good at making myself get out of the door to run than I want to be.

Trail/fell running is a whole different thing. It's my true running love but because I live in the city and it takes me at the very least 45 minutes to drive to the nearest good area for it (and that's at 6am Sunday when there's nobody around), I don't do nearly as much as I would like. Pretty much stopped doing road running races though because it's less fun.

Just bought some new shoes because my last pair finally gave up the ghost this week. Nike Pegasus because a friend recommended them and they fit nicely in the shop.
füzz lover. Friend. Quilter evangelist.

I make music sometimes:

https://nitrx.bandcamp.com/

https://mediocrisy.bandcamp.com/

https://fleshcouch.bandcamp.com
coldbrightsunlight

Supporter
Supporter

Postby PanicProne » Fri Aug 18, 2017 4:48 pm

Greetings hurtbullar and speedy gonzalesess!
So since I'm unemployed at the moment I've been really bored during the days recently, so two days ago I went running for the first time in at least a year. Took my brother along, who trains/exercises a lot more than me. He's also got that competitiveness about him, which I really don't. Anyways we did just over 9km. I got round but wasn't quick. However, despite not being a competitive guy, like I said, I got so upset with how slow I was and how out of shape I felt (turned 30 at the start of the month, must be that...) so I went running again yesterday. This time only 7km. Still felt super slow and heavy. I'm gonna try and keep it up and do this evey other day now. Another (at least) 7km coming up tomorrow.
PanicProne

experienced
experienced

Postby JonnyAngle » Fri Aug 18, 2017 5:15 pm

Every time I see this thread by body gets tired. Maybe I should start running LOL
JonnyAngle

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby actual » Fri Aug 18, 2017 5:19 pm

I just had 4 popsicles and I feel GREAT
Mixing and mastering? Makeshift Audio
actual

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby fuzzisokiguess » Sun Aug 20, 2017 10:17 pm

goroth wrote:Also found some interesting stuff about training inefficiently, by running too fast. Should post that too. 80/20 low intensity/high intensity..

^this.

Was literally wondering on my run today if there were any other ILF runners.

Back into running after a long time off (15 yrs +/-). Doing 5-10k on sat/sun- typical weekend warrior. each run I'm pushing pace- no LSD (long steady distance) and it worked for a while, and was able to get faster by degrees but I've plateaued. need to do some speed work, intervals, and c. The thought of doing track work makes me quesy, but the thought of getting slower is worse. I think.
DRodriguez wrote:Imma build a disc delay based on a stationary bike, the faster you pedal, the faster the delay.

Bike backwards and you get a reverse delay.
fuzzisokiguess

committed
committed

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion