Re: apolitical/"abolition of civil rights" is wishful thinki

Thu Feb 21, 2019 12:23 pm

I have a tab open to this article & the tab reads "Trump White Ho…":

https://www.thedailybeast.com/trump-whi ... ncial-ruin

:idk:

Thu Feb 21, 2019 12:31 pm

Trump White Ho!

I like that they don't get to keep a copy of the NDA, even people I have fired and made to sign an NDA got a copy.

Thu Feb 21, 2019 12:38 pm

Yeah, it's like "We have to trust you, but we don't really trust you." :idk: :lol: :cry:

Thu Feb 21, 2019 12:42 pm

Chankgeez wrote:Yeah, it's like "We have to trust you, but we don't really trust you." :idk: :lol: :cry:

I like when people say "it's not that I don't trust you" because that generally means "I don't trust you"

You could make a ton of money leaking stuff if you were smart about it

Plus the president denies things harder than Bill Clinton did and tweets regrettable things all the time so I am not sure leaks matter that much.

Thu Feb 21, 2019 12:44 pm

Difficult to be more damaging to Donald Trump than Donald Trump is to himself. :eek: :hello:

Thu Feb 21, 2019 12:48 pm

Chankgeez wrote:Difficult to be more damaging to Donald Trump than Donald Trump is to himself. :eek: :hello:

I still don't understand why there is more reporting that is just "This is exactly what the president said today" no commentary, no analysis, nothing to trigger a fake new tweet.
Just a place where you can read all the dumb shit he said.

Thu Feb 21, 2019 12:51 pm

:lol:

Some people actually believe all the dumb shit he says. :cry:

Thu Feb 21, 2019 12:52 pm

Chankgeez wrote::lol:

Some people actually believe all the dumb shit he says. :cry:

True, but I think if you just put it all on paper without an agenda it would be pretty hard to process, unless you have chugged that koolAid HARD!

Thu Feb 28, 2019 12:46 pm

Does anything come from the Cohen testimony, or was it just a political Festivus?

Thu Feb 28, 2019 12:56 pm

I think it's too soon to be able to tell exactly what'll come of it. :idk: Something definitely will though.

Thu Feb 28, 2019 12:58 pm

calfzilla wrote:Does anything come from the Cohen testimony, or was it just a political Festivus?

He did provide some hard evidence implicating the Trumps in campaign finance violations. Nothing so firm regarding Russian collusion. He also said there's evidence of other crimes but couldn't discuss them because they're still under investigation. The character testimony about Trump being a racist conman doesn't tell us anything we didn't already know about him. Republican cross-examination mostly wasted time discrediting Cohen as an unreliable witness, which doesn't matter because the evidence he presented corroborates the claims he made (the substantial ones anyway).

Thu Feb 28, 2019 1:48 pm

friendship wrote:
calfzilla wrote:Does anything come from the Cohen testimony, or was it just a political Festivus?

He did provide some hard evidence implicating the Trumps in campaign finance violations. Nothing so firm regarding Russian collusion. He also said there's evidence of other crimes but couldn't discuss them because they're still under investigation. The character testimony about Trump being a racist conman doesn't tell us anything we didn't already know about him. Republican cross-examination mostly wasted time discrediting Cohen as an unreliable witness, which doesn't matter because the evidence he presented corroborates the claims he made (the substantial ones anyway).

It sure provided the gop committee members plenty of opportunity to embarrass themselves, I'll say that. The congressman who tried using the "this is my black friend so I can't be racist" ploy was a true highlight.

Cohen was used as leverage to turn another key witness who WILL provide a paper trail for obstruction in Mueller's probe for Russian dealings, Allen Weisselberg. He's the guy with all the money accounts and tax returns. Cohen and Allen worked on some fishy money moving before & during the campaign. It won't show collusion in a manner that will turn T's base on him, but Allen's upcoming testimony will make big trouble for the family and make a LOT of T's money disappear in owed back taxes and fines. Especially with regard to Mar-a-Lago being used as a slush fund and a fence. If the SDNY nails that - the Dem led Congress has enough to threaten (but perhaps not use) impeachment proceedings and basically turn this Pres even more ineffectual and probably into a lame duck.

Thu Feb 28, 2019 3:24 pm

Sonaboy wrote:
friendship wrote:

It sure provided the gop committee members plenty of opportunity to embarrass themselves, I'll say that. The congressman who tried using the "this is my black friend so I can't be racist" ploy was a true highlight.

Cohen was used as leverage to turn another key witness who WILL provide a paper trail for obstruction in Mueller's probe for Russian dealings, Allen Weisselberg. He's the guy with all the money accounts and tax returns. Cohen and Allen worked on some fishy money moving before & during the campaign. It won't show collusion in a manner that will turn T's base on him, but Allen's upcoming testimony will make big trouble for the family and make a LOT of T's money disappear in owed back taxes and fines. Especially with regard to Mar-a-Lago being used as a slush fund and a fence. If the SDNY nails that - the Dem led Congress has enough to threaten (but perhaps not use) impeachment proceedings and basically turn this Pres even more ineffectual and probably into a lame duck.

The House is already working on that. Hell, even GOPers in both chambers are starting to turn on Donny-boy. Between the House doing their job this bullshit NK summit being a colossal waste of time/money with nothing to show for it (like literally everyone said it would be), and his base numbers shrinking, I'd imagine morale in the west wing is pretty low. If things really start heating up with Mueller I wouldn't be surprised if Donny resigned before the shit really hits his golden fan (not like it would do him much good - the NY courts will have enough to buttfuck him for a while).

But as of right now, I don't think we'll see impeachment hearings in the next couple years, as it's starting to get too close to the election. Unless there's something so obviously damning to indicate obstruction, collusion, and/or treason (such as video of Trump sucking Putin's cock or taking a cartoonishly large bag of cash) the GOP could easily call this as the dems being outrageous and extreme and really rally their constituents.

AND THAT'S ANOTHER THING - For the party of traditional values and hoo-rah American fuck yeah-ism, how in the name of fuck are they still on board with Trump's bullshit? I mean, it's not like they're only doing this to further their own self-interest and maintain power and wealth all to themselves, that's certainly not in line with their strong moral and Christian beliefs and they'd nnneeeeeevvvvveeeeeerrrrr do ttthhhhaaaaatttttt....

But srs, fuck those slimeballs for putting them and their party over the needs of their country and their constituents.

Fri Mar 01, 2019 12:10 am

Bassist_Diver wrote:
Sonaboy wrote:
friendship wrote:

The House is already working on that. Hell, even GOPers in both chambers are starting to turn on Donny-boy. Between the House doing their job this bullshit NK summit being a colossal waste of time/money with nothing to show for it (like literally everyone said it would be), and his base numbers shrinking, I'd imagine morale in the west wing is pretty low. If things really start heating up with Mueller I wouldn't be surprised if Donny resigned before the shit really hits his golden fan (not like it would do him much good - the NY courts will have enough to buttfuck him for a while).

But as of right now, I don't think we'll see impeachment hearings in the next couple years, as it's starting to get too close to the election. Unless there's something so obviously damning to indicate obstruction, collusion, and/or treason (such as video of Trump sucking Putin's cock or taking a cartoonishly large bag of cash) the GOP could easily call this as the dems being outrageous and extreme and really rally their constituents.

AND THAT'S ANOTHER THING - For the party of traditional values and hoo-rah American fuck yeah-ism, how in the name of fuck are they still on board with Trump's bullshit? I mean, it's not like they're only doing this to further their own self-interest and maintain power and wealth all to themselves, that's certainly not in line with their strong moral and Christian beliefs and they'd nnneeeeeevvvvveeeeeerrrrr do ttthhhhaaaaatttttt....

But srs, fuck those slimeballs for putting them and their party over the needs of their country and their constituents.

Current DOJ policy says a sitting US president cannot be indicted. If they try to indict him while he's in office, Trump can appeal it all the way to the conservative-packed Supreme Court. So, I predict he will try to cling to power as desperately as possible, and count on party loyalty in the Senate to keep him in office if the House impeaches him. Whereas if he resigns, it's open season on him with the indictments and he would probably spend the rest of his life in prison.

As for The Trump Organization, it looks like the SDNY feds are going to have a field day with it and everyone in it, including Trump's kids. Apparently they've been involved in criminal activity for years, if not decades.
Post a reply