· Gen · Guit · · Bldrs · B/S/T ·

Switch to full style
General discussion at the Wang Bar.
Post a reply

Re: How'll the summit go??? Make your predictions here!

Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:14 pm

Meanwhile, at home, the concentration camp planning begins: http://www.mcclatchydc.com/news/politic ... row1_card1

Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:18 am

1-800-KAMPS-FOR-KIDS.

Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:29 am

I predict it'll take at least 40 years to undo all the damage Trump's currently doin'. :mad: :cry: :snax:

Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:57 am

I was talking to another guy at the bar while we were watching some talking heads during the summit meeting. Don't know him, just random dude. Told me Trump's done everything he promised to do. When I tried to bring up a lot of troublesome things, he said, "He's the president, he can do whatever wants." So I pointed out the whole checks and balances system, he said, "It's be better if that just went away and he could make the decisions." I know the system is flawed but holy shit, how can people believe that?

Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:00 am

TraceItalian wrote:I was talking to another guy at the bar while we were watching some talking heads during the summit meeting. Don't know him, just random dude. Told me Trump's done everything he promised to do. When I tried to bring up a lot of troublesome things, he said, "He's the president, he can do whatever wants." So I pointed out the whole checks and balances system, he said, "It's be better if that just went away and he could make the decisions." I know the system is flawed but holy shit, how can people believe that?

It is truly disturbing how many people subscribe to authoritarianism.

Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:09 pm

Fed just raised interest rates and is indicating another hike is on deck:

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/06/13/fed-hik ... point.html

Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:26 pm

TraceItalian wrote:I was talking to another guy at the bar while we were watching some talking heads during the summit meeting. Don't know him, just random dude. Told me Trump's done everything he promised to do. When I tried to bring up a lot of troublesome things, he said, "He's the president, he can do whatever wants." So I pointed out the whole checks and balances system, he said, "It's be better if that just went away and he could make the decisions." I know the system is flawed but holy shit, how can people believe that?

All you needed to say was, "yeah, I thought Obama should've had total control of the government, too".

Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:52 pm

you wanna know my prediction.

Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:19 pm

jrfox92 wrote:All you needed to say was, "yeah, I thought Obama should've had total control of the government, too".
:thumb:
Yeah just like conservatives are states rights until it's a state that passed legalized marijuana, or government should stay out of personal business unless it's a woman's body..
:picard:

Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:31 pm

friendship wrote:

It is truly disturbing how many people subscribe to authoritarianism.

Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:37 pm

comesect2.0 wrote:you wanna know my prediction.

Them titties for real!

Thu Jun 14, 2018 4:46 am

Watching liberal pundits (and then, of course, liberal friends) attack Trump from the right on NK is fucking depressing. Too many flashbacks to post-9/11 Democrats trying their damnedest to prove nat sec bona fides (with little things like voting to invade Iraq). These fuckers are going to let Trump get us into a war with Iran just so long as they can spin it to the MSNBC staff as pissing off Russia.

Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:12 am

I mean there's a bit of difference between legitimizing the shit out of an awful dictatorship and invading other countries on flimsy pretexts but I'm sure MSNBC is the problem.

Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:52 am

D.o.S. wrote:I mean there's a bit of difference between legitimizing the shit out of an awful dictatorship and invading other countries on flimsy pretexts but I'm sure MSNBC is the problem.

doing the former tends to help legitimize the latter, so it seems like it's certainly a problem

Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:14 pm

NY AG sues Trump Foundation, DJT, Don Jr., Eric and Ivanka over illegal foundation practices including funneling money to support Trump's campaign: https://www.cnn.com/2018/06/14/politics ... index.html
Post a reply